Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gollentar View Post
    Starshards, yup.
    It has been so long I had forgotten the name. That is truly tragic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroZero View Post
    It has been so long I had forgotten the name. That is truly tragic.
    I never actually saw it; I started playing near the end of vanilla, Nelf hunter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Guys, in the chronicles it states that shards of light are scattered all across the universe, creating entities such as the Naaru.

I think we should think a little out of the box here: What if Elune does not fall into any of these categories?

She can be a true "diety" in the WoW universe. meaning that she can be neither a Titan nor a Watcher, but perhaps a unique being which was formed from these wandering light shards.

What if one Azeroth's moons is actually formed from these light powers? we know that the Titans are awakened world-souls (planets) so what if Elune is the soul of the light-created moon orbiting Azeroth?

The titans did realize that Azeroth is actually a pretty powerful world soul. which is unique by itself. so it wouldn't be that surprising if this big, powerful world soul has some unique features that set it apart from the other world souls? an orbiting being of pure light does not sound that far fetched.

Elune is most of the time connected to the moon in the Night Elf lore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Guys, in the chronicles it states that shards of light are scattered all across the universe, creating entities such as the Naaru.

I think we should think a little out of the box here: What if Elune does not fall into any of these categories?

She can be a true "diety" in the WoW universe. meaning that she can be neither a Titan nor a Watcher, but perhaps a unique being which was formed from these wandering light shards.

What if one Azeroth's moons is actually formed from these light powers? we know that the Titans are awakened world-souls (planets) so what if Elune is the soul of the light-created moon orbiting Azeroth?

The titans did realize that Azeroth is actually a pretty powerful world soul. which is unique by itself. so it wouldn't be that surprising if this big, powerful world soul has some unique features that set it apart from the other world souls? an orbiting being of pure light does not sound that far fetched.

Elune is most of the time connected to the moon in the Night Elf lore.
    That is indeed a possibility, I think I might have mentioned it in my original post, but not to this depth. We also need to take into account that Elune is documented using all three "good" forms of magic, Arcane, Nature and Light; which may be possible for some form of "evolved" light being.

Deleted
    Well, turns out Azeroth's worldsoul is actually female; so sayeth the diamond dwarf.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And according to the Destro staff lore, Sargeras doesn't want to destroy Azeroth, he wants to bone her. Yes, he is a titanic pedo.
    Azeroth is quite old, she is just sleeping, he is more like the king in the original, Sleeping beauty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Azeroth is quite old, she is just sleeping, he is more like the king in the original, Sleeping beauty.
    Which, if you think about it, had sex with an unconscious woman, making him a rapist.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Which, if you think about it, had sex with an unconscious woman, making him a rapist.
    True, but considering Sargeras track record, rape is the least of his worries.

15+ Year Old Account
    I stand by my theory that Elune might be a whole new entity, different from what we've seen before. in the chronicles it is stated that when the universe formed the shards of light that scattered across the universe formed beings of pure light like the Naaru. so I think that Elune is actually one of these beings: a unique entity. perhaps a very strong being, Blizzard has previously stated that Elune is the closest figure in the lore to a true deity.

Elune might be one of Azeroth's moons: a being of pure light that noticed Azeroth is a very powerful, albeit dormant titan, and thus decided to hover around it and watch over it. that might explain the night elves (more specifically, the priestesses of the moon) connection with the moon.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2016-08-20 at 01:36 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I stand by my theory that Elune might be a whole new entity, different from what we've seen before. in the chronicles it is stated that when the universe formed the shards of light that scattered across the universe formed beings of pure light like the Naaru. so I think that Elune is actually one of these beings, a unique entity.
    elune predates the titans, even the naaru, she basically created the first prime naaru, she's not azeroth.

Formerly known as Arafal

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    elune predates the titans, even the naaru, she basically created the first prime naaru, she's not azeroth.
    are you sure? I have not yet done/seen most of the legion quests. if there is something in Legion that points to this I would appreciate a source link.

7+ Year Old Account
    are you sure? I have not yet done/seen most of the legion quests. if there is something in Legion that points to this I would appreciate a source link.
    khadgar studies like always and finds it out during one of the lights heart questlines.
    gimme a moment till i find the vid as a source.

Formerly known as Arafal

15+ Year Old Account
    khadgar studies like always and finds it out during one of the lights heart questlines.
    gimme a moment till i find the vid as a source.
    *waits excitedly*

7+ Year Old Account
    *waits excitedly*

there ya go.
    of course he only guesses it, but considering that the tears of elune actually responded to the heart and gave you the vision, its pretty much a safe to say its true. (its the first quest text btw)
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-08-20 at 01:48 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

15+ Year Old Account

there ya go.
    of course he only guesses it, but considering that the tears of elune actually responded to the heart and gave you the vision, its pretty much a safe to say its true. (its the first quest text btw)
    thanks!