7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    WHY!? like... how!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Theres a charmander nest about an 40 minute bus + 30 minute walk from my house, can't work out if I can be arsed to go out and farm up the candy I want for my Charizard...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I am done with the game so long as the core principle of the gameplay remains in a state that is detrimental to play. Revives, potions are at a deficit and gym battling/training yields the least of any gameplay activity.

Not to mention the sloppiness of implementation of taking over a gym. Namely, gym sniping and the ridiculous botters.

There is a stretch on Ohio Ave., near the Blue Line subway in my city that has level 8+ gyms occupied by the same 2 botters that can be dislodged reasonably. They have sat multiple 3k Dragonites at each of these gyms. As soon as a team manages to drop them, they retake the gyms either during the turn down phase or immediately sweep with another army of 3k Dragonites. Which is consistent along that street regardless of time of day.

There are a few other gyms in the city that heavily botted. One can not even engage in battle as a result- the screen simply displays the arena and no Pokemon appear regardless of how long you wait.

Botting, GPS spoofing and the egg defender bug are ruinous to the play experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I am done with the game so long as the core principle of the gameplay remains in a state that is detrimental to play. Revives, potions are at a deficit and gym battling/training yields the least of any gameplay activity.

Not to mention the sloppiness of implementation of taking over a gym. Namely, gym sniping and the ridiculous botters.

There is a stretch on Ohio Ave., near the Blue Line subway in my city that has level 8+ gyms occupied by the same 2 botters that can be dislodged reasonably. They have sat multiple 3k Dragonites at each of these gyms. As soon as a team manages to drop them, they retake the gyms either during the turn down phase or immediately sweep with another army of 3k Dragonites. Which is consistent along that street regardless of time of day.

There are a few other gyms in the city that heavily botted. One can not even engage in battle as a result- the screen simply displays the arena and no Pokemon appear regardless of how long you wait.

Botting, GPS spoofing and the egg defender bug are ruinous to the play experience.
    I'm pretty confident there are "ghosts" spoofing in Cardiff in the late hours, as I've been at gyms in wide open spaces where I can very clearly SEE that there is nobody in range of it (and its 3am or w/e) but after I capture it it's suddenly being attacked again (not always by the same team I just took it from). A good example is the gym outside city hall, there is a field with a fountain in the middle of it. Flat, open, you can walk the perimeter of the gyms range and there's still 30 yards in every direction before the first bush or tree or w/e.

Kinda spoils the fun thinking someone is just sat at home using a program to place them outside gyms to cap them. I'd rather not spend money on this game OR cheat; but by the looks of things that is the only way to get more than one incubater every 15 days
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Hmm. I have some aggressive competition at times, but no obvious botters. I guess us rural types get to have easy times with gyms as compensation for having no Pokémon around.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Theres a charmander nest about an 40 minute bus + 30 minute walk from my house, can't work out if I can be arsed to go out and farm up the candy I want for my Charizard...
    In happier news though, Charmander nest wasn't a complete bunk, far from it; but saw a lot more on my tracker than I managed to encounter.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...c66bda5cc0.png

Just 24 more Charmander to go . . .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Hmm. I have some aggressive competition at times, but no obvious botters. I guess us rural types get to have easy times with gyms as compensation for having no Pokémon around.
    Pop incense in a rural area and bike around.
    The pokémon you get are on average far better than in town.

Small mercies and all.

Went on a road along the lake near here, only about 2 spawns on the entire road, but they were unlike any other spawns in the region. Found my first Dratini. Then found a Magikarp (those are rare for me). On the way back, found my first Slowpoke. Seems like a good place to use incense, but we'd have to drive, as it's too narrow to walk, no shoulder.

For some perspective on how rare water pokemon are for me, those were my first Dratini, first Slowpoke, and first Magikarp that wasn't hatched. But I have 105 in my Pokedex.

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Went on a road along the lake near here, only about 2 spawns on the entire road, but they were unlike any other spawns in the region. Found my first Dratini. Then found a Magikarp (those are rare for me). On the way back, found my first Slowpoke. Seems like a good place to use incense, but we'd have to drive, as it's too narrow to walk, no shoulder.

For some perspective on how rare water pokemon are for me, those were my first Dratini, first Slowpoke, and first Magikarp that wasn't hatched. But I have 105 in my Pokedex.
    Sounds pretty awesome

Cardiff Bay Barrage seems like a safari fiesta, theres a voltorb/magnemite nest at one end, but down the length of it there appears all sorts of random rare pokemon, found a Kabuto and Dragonair, Rapidash and Graveller, just seems kinda random

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there an easy way to find a pokemon nest?
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Is there an easy way to find a pokemon nest?
    Your respective city's Pokemon Go subreddit is the most reliable I found.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your respective city's Pokemon Go subreddit is the most reliable I found.
    Ha. My city doesn't have a regular subreddit, let alone for Pokemon Go.

Not sure if posting links is allowed but this is currently ongoing nearby my home town.

Is this happening elsewhere?

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/bu...20-gqx7tf.html
    Come forth coward and answer for your crimes!!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlord Fordragon View Post
    Not sure if posting links is allowed but this is currently ongoing nearby my home town.

It's can be pretty dangerous to just walk on to a golf course. Getting hit by a golf ball does not feel good.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlord Fordragon View Post

I don't know about golf courses (technically going on one just for pokemon and not paying for golf is also trespassing), but in my city there's a park that is super rich in stop/pokemon density and diversity. It's not even in a bad part of town and there's always shithead cops randomly trying to search people/cars in it because people go there for pokemon. Abuse of power is sickening.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    I don't know about golf courses (technically going on one just for pokemon and not paying for golf is also trespassing), but in my city there's a park that is super rich in stop/pokemon density and diversity. It's not even in a bad part of town and there's always shithead cops randomly trying to search people/cars in it because people go there for pokemon. Abuse of power is sickening.
    Interesting, I don't believe it's Trespassing there. I think it's because it's public reserve or council course... Something like that.

That sucks for your area though, the cops are pretty neutral about the situation I linked from what I've seen.
    Come forth coward and answer for your crimes!!

15+ Year Old Account
    had a weird new bug show up lately everytime I engage a pokemon the first pokeball I throw instead of going straight it shoots straight up into orbit and never comes down.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

I work at a golf course, we have a pokestop in the middle of the second hole, and have people trying to walk to it frequently. Not only is it trespassing it is dangerous as getting a golf ball to the face isn't particularly good for your health. I put in a report to the dev, hope they move it.

In other news.....soulcrushing:

Last edited by Aquinan; 2016-08-22 at 05:33 PM.

This is why I think gyms are trash right now:

http://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/bubblestrat

15+ Year Old Account
    This is why I think gyms are trash right now:

http://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/bubblestrat
    huh that could explain why all the gyms around here started going to level 10 seemingly over night when they all never really got above 5 usually

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"