Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    On my Paladin, full Heroic HFC geared, max upgraded ring, and a few Mythic Warforged pieces, I was able to solo every boss from Classic -> Cata, including World Bosses. In Mists, I was able to solo all world bosses, all of Mogu'shan Vaults, up to the 2nd to last boss (I think) in Heart of Fear (don't remember why I died), all of Throne of Thunder, all of Terrace of Endless Spring, and then most bosses in Siege of Orgrimmar. SoO was problematic and took a few attempts, if not more, for a few bosses. Some required me to be in Ret spec and burst dps. The 4th boss, for example, needs to be under 30% in 15 seconds or something like that, or you get prisoned and you'll die. It was easier to do a lot of these with a Strength flask and a strength potion on top of my CDs.

In WoD, I was able to solo every heroic dungeon. I was even able to do a few of them in Ret spec instead of Prot due to sheer dps output. The second boss in Skyreach I recall having to be ret spec so I could dps fast enough to not have to worry about the beams killing me first or healing the boss too much. As far as raids, I know I was able to solo a few bosses in Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry, but I don't remember which. I also know soloing trash in the raids a lot of the time wasn't really happening even.

Sadly, since the pre-patch hit, I've been unable to solo a few things that I could before. Ret DPS dropped quite a bit, so I can't kill the 4th boss in SoO anymore. Every single boss Cata and earlier, though, is still pretty easily soloable on 25 Heroic.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what your objectives are in the old content.

If you simply want to kill the bosses for gold, transmog, rare mounts ... then you'll be fine in most cases. But there are still a few of the special achievements, and parts of the legendary chains (Blood Infusion step for Shadowmourne, comes to mind), that are very difficult if not impossible to do solo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    The only fights I know of that can't be soloed due to mechanics are Emerald Dragon in ICC for non-Healer classes
    Emerald Dragon is soloable with bandages.

It takes a lot of time and it's an exercise in timing (killing spawns fast enough that they'll not interrupt your bandaging), but it can be done. Did it on my mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Invasion gear can get you up to 710 I think, so you can tear through most old content with that apart from some MoP stuff.

The portal at the staging grounds in ulduar lets you skip the first few bosses.

Spine of deathwing is easily soloable. Install bigwigs if need be, use the timers to run to the left then back to right to reset the roll timer. Kite the one mob whilst killing bloods. rinse and repeat. easy.

Now for the handy tip!

Once you have defeated the spine, hearth out, make a custom group in raid finder. log out, log an alt, sign up for the group you listed, log out, re-log the main who made the group, accept your alts invite. Relog the invited alt and accept the invite. Now repeat this with as many alts that the raid group is listed for.

The last alt you invite can be the first alt to kill the boss, so enter the instance, accept the raid lock and kill whomever it is you are farming be it yogg saron, deathwing or the lich king for example. Kill the boss, loot, hearth out. Reset all instances then leave group.

Log your next alt, reset all instances, enter the instance, accept raid lock, kill boss, loot. Hearth out, reset all instances and leave group!

You can do this each time and make farming things a hell of a lot easier as you are sharing your raid lock out with your alts.

Just remember to reset all instances before entering and to remain in the group when you enter the raid.
    I tried this in the past and it didn't work with DS. Have they fixed it? Because on some alts I just wanna farm the mount and not anything else (have Ultraxions)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Ah ok. I know they changed some things on it and couldn't remember if you could just go for the brain or not.
    The only thing they changed that I recall is that you don't lose any sanity in the first phase anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Crap, I forgot about the Chess Match in Kara. What's an efficient way of winning it very quickly?
    move a couple of the guards out, move your horses out, get one of the healers 1 or 2 steps out and then play the king.. those you moved will help kill/heal and its a fairly quick win, just stay within reach of your healer
    Signature made by

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    The only thing they changed that I recall is that you don't lose any sanity in the first phase anymore.
    Yeah I remember that. It's been awhile since I did Ulduar so my memory is foggy. I just remember steamrolling 25 Hard Modes in there on my ret patches ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried this in the past and it didn't work with DS. Have they fixed it? Because on some alts I just wanna farm the mount and not anything else (have Ultraxions)
    Yep it works fine for me Been doing it for a while now. I always make sure the last alt I invite is the first to kill the boss. The main who started the group is always last. Always remember to reset the instances before entering. Hope this helps

Yep it works fine for me Been doing it for a while now. I always make sure the last alt I invite is the first to kill the boss. The main who started the group is always last. Always remember to reset the instances before entering. Hope this helps
    Hm...I'll try again. It might be because I was killing with my main first

As a melee spine is easy i just strafe over his mid section back n forth a lot while killing bloods, my DBM goes bonkers from all the Roll warnings but he doesn't roll unless your on one side for to long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm...I'll try again. It might be because I was killing with my main first
    This has reminded me actually! I have 4 horde alts to do it on this morning!

This has reminded me actually! I have 4 horde alts to do it on this morning!
    Well at least something good has came out of my rotten luck lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I have no issues as a ret, Just clear adds outside beforehand so they don't dot u. I do believe 10man no light is bugged and u will get mced but it can be done on 25man just fine.
    I'm doing it on 25 with Keepers. I wanna do it with keepers first since this is my first time soloing Yoggy. I get into the portal room without getting dotted. After I one-shot 5-6 adds then I get dotted. Only one of the two times I got to the Mind Room I got to the portal in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    I can confirm this and was surprised. The last time I got to Yogg two years ago, I definitely lost Sanity in the first phase. Still wish they doubled the timer for solo runs X.X
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by VincentX View Post
    Emerald Dragon is soloable with bandages.

It takes a lot of time and it's an exercise in timing (killing spawns fast enough that they'll not interrupt your bandaging), but it can be done. Did it on my mage.
    Can't be solo'd on heroic if you haven't got a targetable heal, the boss has a DoT on her that stops any bandages from being used after the first tick.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    Can't be solo'd on heroic if you haven't got a targetable heal, the boss has a DoT on her that stops any bandages from being used after the first tick.
    Eh, I've never seen a dot on her doing damage and I do it on 25H is the only mode I run it on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I downed Yoggy before leaving to run some errands. I got into the Brain Room with 14.2 seconds on the clock and found out I could actually target the brain itself. Did enough damage to get the P3 and then nuked the Old God. Cheers ^_^

...I'm gonna do mount runs on 10-Man Heroic without Keepers XD

I figure Yoggy will be a bit easier using my 100 Warlock and (currently) 90 Hunter since I can just have the pet help kill all the adds in 10 seconds, allowing me to blow through the Portal phase 30 seconds faster. I was also able to confirm the Portal Phase is the only phase you can lose Sanity: I didn't lose Sanity during other parts of the encounter.

...When I came back home this evening, I was stopped by the Spine. I figured out how to not get knocked off--get tethered or just run back and forth the whole time--but the add you need to allow to get buffed enough to kill before it gets knocked off is the problem. I kite the bloods of course but it gets knocked off before I can kill it. after it gets to 9 stacks.

...Ultraxion was pie but the the add-fest prelude was a bit annoying as a Melee. Same with the Skyfire Add-fest. LOL.

So the Pandaria World Bosses should be soloable, eh? I'll hit them up after I figure out Spine.

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

...I'm gonna do mount runs on 10-Man Heroic without Keepers XD
    Mount only drops in 25man Zero Lights.

- - - Updated - - -

...When I came back home this evening, I was stopped by the Spine. I figured out how to not get knocked off--get tethered or just run back and forth the whole time--but the add you need to allow to get buffed enough to kill before it gets knocked off is the problem. I kite the bloods of course but it gets knocked off before I can kill it. after it gets to 9 stacks.
    This is how I do it.

1. Pop 3 tentacles and stand in one of the spots to tether yourself
    2. Let all 3 fly off
    3. Stand there for awhile until at least 9 bloods are on top of you
    4. AoE them down in the center
    5. Pop remaining tentacle
    6. Run back and forth with mob until 9 stacks are up
    7. DPS it directly next to the plate moving back and forth
    8. When he goes to explode just keep walking back and forth until plate busts
    9. DPS weak spot
    10. You can either leave the two new tentacles up or dps them down. I just pop them both so bloods spawn faster
    11. Repeat until over

When you are bursting the the weak spot just stand in a tether spot so you don't have to mess with roll

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Noted. I'll try spine again shortly.

Mount can only drop on 25-man no lights? Good to know.

As an aside, I've decided to suddenly start running old content for transmogs mainly. I'll probably activate my second account for the same reason. When I buy Legion next month, the char I boost to 100 bet set aside mainly for soloing old content.

I wonder how much of WoD will be soloable at 110 now. I should be able to easily find a partner for SoO on that note ^_^

- - - Updated - - -

There's nothing to stop the Amals from getting blown off Spine long enough to cast Nuclear Blast and that's what's keeping me from clearing Spine. Getting enough adds to get to nine stacks isn't the problem. It's keeping them around long enough to blow plates off. I already figured out standing directly in the middle lane prevents you from getting blown off but there's nothing to stop the Amals from getting blown off. Fortunately the Bloods stay on no matter what XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Cho'gall in Bastion of Twlight resets on me every time I try to kill him without a party member due to his mind control.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    Cho'gall in Bastion of Twlight resets on me every time I try to kill him without a party member due to his mind control.
    Do you have any pets out? That will cause MC to occur at times. I've killed him multiple times on heroic and haven't seen him Mind Control me at all, so I'm wondering if it's a pet or trinket proc that summons something. Only Sinestra, imo, is the annoying one there waiting for egg vulnerability.