Thread: EU vs US guilds

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I played on both NA and EU realms, IMHO, NA players are more casual and relaxed, they don't take game as seriously as many EU players do.

I'm beyond surprised this thread has made it to 3 pages without being locked.

It's pretty obvious why EU is better than US guilds. It's because they're just better, and this is coming from a US person.

Wow another "Why is EU > US" thread.

Stay classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Take a look at the tone of your posts and reflect on that before you accuse other people.

I don't know why its different at the lower levels. I don't know if the EU even has a higher wow population that the US so I can't hazard a guess.

- - - Updated - - -
    I've been around these forums long enough to know that even if you have valuable insight sometimes that 90% of the time you just seem to be walking around looking to argue with people. You're also the one who started with the tone of "don't be dense idiot". Have a good night dude.
    Last edited by Octa; 2016-08-20 at 04:32 AM.

The bulk that made up the best US players moved on long ago from hardcore raiding and WoW altogether. The US was much more prevalent atop the rankings from Classic-WoTLK and dominated Classic handily. Toss in the pretty glaring lifestyle and cultural differences between EU and US and you see why there'd be more EU players raiding at a higher level now-a-days.

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Can we take a moment to stop bashing the US over the Olympics (what the fuck does that have to do with anything?) and take a minute to appreciate the headway professional gaming has been making in this country? I mean, just check out the Limit gaming house! It's getting pretty serious if you ask me!
    Is this gaming house thing serious or what the hell am I watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Toastyame View Post
    Wow another "Why is EU > US" thread.

Stay classy.
    No forum is complete without angry Europeans bashing Americans for their mere existence. Everyone knows that WoW raid progression and Olympic medals per continent is the only way to judge the true value of a people.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    LUL EleGiggle
    <giant picture taken out because my post was fat>

Literally a disaster
    Bro stop triggering me. We're all fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Professional Shitposter View Post
    That's only because the rest of the world works more whilst the US Athletes have more time to practice. Sheesh.
    A distinct possibility. I'm not a big fan of olympics in general because there's a lot of money in it but virtually none of it makes its way to the athletes (they only get much money via sponsorships, really). It's like a big circus. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Can we take a moment to stop bashing the US over the Olympics (what the fuck does that have to do with anything?) and take a minute to appreciate the headway professional gaming has been making in this country? I mean, just check out the Limit gaming house! It's getting pretty serious if you ask me!
    I'll bash the US all I want thx. Also they'd have a bigger house if WoW raiding actually paid anything. I suspect if it did, Method wouldn't have lost its entire core raiding team due to Sco selling out (I mean if they were all going to get paid, would they have left? it can't be all that lucrative).

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Pretty sure some "genius" brought it up who was ranting about unemployment making it all possible for the eu.
    Anyways the us isn't there yet in terms of gaming despite having a couple decent scenes in other titles by now admittedly with foreign support.
    Yep, population difference and a massive gap in the number of people who literally have nothing to do but play video games all day can't possibly have anything to do with it. Not at all. 10.4% of 508 million is 16.5% of our population (vs 6.2% unemployment). Oh and Russia is classified as EU by wowp, because that's clearly a thing.

Have you learned how to play WoW yet by the way? Or are you still shitposting around here while being terrible at it?

My guild managed to finish Mythic Archimonde a few months back and the biggest wall we kept running into was a full 20 man roster. Not once did we get stuck by mechanics or a specific boss just the fucking full 20 people. I think we ended up going through at least 20 recruits in HFC alone. People just kept quiting or stopping because of work or school. EU has a much larger pool of decent players in my opinion, it was extremely difficult for my guild to find decent players even with this cross realm. Our kills were pushed back at least several months because of our roster, there just arnt many people interested in M raiding (that are good) left in the US.

Some guesses:

- PC gaming is more "mainstream" in europe.
    - more people are playing it in europe
    - WoW is just not as popular in America as it is in Europe

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    No forum is complete without angry Europeans bashing Americans for their mere existence. Everyone knows that WoW raid progression and Olympic medals per continent is the only way to judge the true value of a people.
    Did you conveniently miss the other part of these threads? "Europeans are only better because they are lazy and unemployed slobs, so they can afford to play video games so much. We Americans work 20 hours a day so of course we'll have lower rankings."

These "discussions" always had the same arguments and neither side was really better than the other.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2016-08-20 at 12:45 PM.

And Asians beat the shit out of both of EU and US in all other competitive gaming. Not WoW though, because from an e-sport point of view, WoW is a complete joke.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    And Asians beat the shit out of both of EU and US in all other competitive gaming. Not WoW though, because from an e-sport point of view, WoW is a complete joke.
    pretty much only RTS Games. they dont dominate in FPS

For those who don't understand actual population vs representative population, this is it: http://www.mapsofworld.com/sports/ol...g-nations.html. China has 1.3 billion people and only 400 participating athletes, meanwhile the UK has a population of 64 million and has 372 participating athletes. Clearly you can see that 1.3 billion is only just a tiny bit bigger than 64 million, so the small difference in athletes makes sense! Therefore we should always use actual population when weighting averages, since it doesn't skew anything. It definitely doesn't bias in favor of smaller countries. We don't also have this problem with our election system in the US where low-population states have more voting power than high-population states because there isn't a linear correlation between population and representatives. US elections are 100% fair and balanced. It's a democracy, after all!

Now if we normalize for participation, we find the US has earned 105 medals with 552 athletes, for 0.19 medals per athlete. The entirety of the EU has earned 283 medals with 3800 athletes, for 0.07 medals per athlete. The best performer within the EU is the UK with 60/372 for 0.16 medal per athlete.

EU superiority established! And more people still don't seem to understand the impact that a larger population and a higher unemployment rate has on participation in a recreational hobby like raiding in WoW. It can't have any impact at all, because if it does it means the EU is full of lazy people and the US is just all hard workers! That's exactly the claim I'm making, obviously. It's absolutely not a strawman invented out of nowhere. I definitely did not say in my very own post after looking up the numbers for people here who would never bother that population-weighted average shows that EU workers work more than US workers. Nope, I didn't say that at all. I clearly just said the EU is lazy. I'm just glad we've cleared that up now.

10+ Year Old Account
    EU is just better than US when it comes to wow and most esports. No need to be salty about it.

Deleted
    EU is always better at Gaming, look at eSports. Its always Asia(Korea)>Europe>Rest>USA. Americans are way more Casual, thats why all these Pay2Win Games where you have to pay Real Money for Ingame-Currency are popular in America, same Reason Tokens are way cheaper in America - because Americans are used to paying real money in Videogames.

Europe has a much higher unemployment rate. No job = lots of time for gaming. It's literally that simple.
    Wrong!

USA: 9.7%
    Germany: 4.5%
    UK: 4.9%
    Switzerland: 3.6%
    Norway: 4.6%
    Denmark: 4.2%

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...mployment_rate
    Last edited by mmocff14f75de7; 2016-08-20 at 12:14 PM.

Because better server locations in EU and culture differences.

Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    pretty much only RTS Games. they dont dominate in FPS
    Uh, not just RTS games. Asians also dominate in MOBA and fighting games.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Uh, not just RTS games. Asians also dominate in MOBA and fighting games.
    Sorry to ruin your illusions, but Asians doesn't dominate in mobas except "Leag of Lel" and in there is a reason for that - it's called Illusionary pink pony world build by ritto games and "LCS" - with incredibly outdated and stupid rules for 2016year, not to mention 1million prize pool @worlds for the first place in 2016 - it's not even funny, why would anyone care about that if "certain" players in NA for example are earning 2+mio/y just from sponsors/selling merchandise, and i'm not even counting what streaming/organisation/ritto games paying them.

Literally there's not a single reason for people to tryhard by playing like 12-14h per day like koreans do if their reward is only 1 million and only for a first place, for 2nd it's mere 250k(random tier2 Lan tournament prize pool in D2), 3rd - is 150k... etc. <<<<== This is complete joke. No one would ever tryhard for that.

Why do so many Americans always insist on seeing Europe as a single country? It's not and you can't compare it as such. In the vast majority of the countries where WoW is popular in Europe, unemployment rates are lower than in the US not higher.

There is a few countries dragging the average down for Europe as a whole but again, it's not a country so don't treat it as such.