In a bit of a pickle...community help me out

So my raid leader comes to me with a problem tonight and asks me to go ranged dps....I am ok with this however I can not be a boomkin or Ele shaman as we have those spots filled. So I am looking at Mage, Shadow, or Lock. I only have enough time to focus on one before legion so I dont have time to test them all out. I am a good player and dont mind playing almost all specs, but since we re-rolled horde I do not have access to all my other alliance toons and do not have the money to spend on a boost or to FC my alliance toons (medically retired army, I dont get paid shit). So I only have the week to focus on one toon.

So I am asking the community for help! How are the 3 classes stacking up in legion? So this is a choose my class sort of post. Please take in mind that my focus is PvE however I like pvp but I am not a hardcore person when it comes to pvp. So raiding is my choice of poison.

Please any feedback will help me with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    These threads aren't really allowed so expect a lock.

OT: Go Mage. Blizzard lost the nerf stick for them a long time ago.

Mages are always imba.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Could also go hunter. Pop onto PTR, try all three and see what you like.

Would defo say mage, though, as they almost always have at least one spec in the top 3 and you get portals.

Mage is what a few guildies and ex guildies have said as well....so looks like mage it is

- - - Updated - - -

Now to what spec to level? lol

Definitely mage when i have spots on my team for ranged, my first choice is always mage if one is available.

Quote Originally Posted by Purenight View Post
    Mage is what a few guildies and ex guildies have said as well....so looks like mage it is

- - - Updated - - -

For leveling itself, Frost. Best dps and survivability while leveling from my recollection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purenight View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Level as frost, but if you're doing it prior to Legion launch, then abuse the Invasion exp.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Basileus View Post
    These threads aren't really allowed so expect a lock.

Why not? You see these class X > Y > Z threads daily?

OT: Go Mage. Blizzard lost the nerf stick for them a long time ago.
    Personally I prefer hybrid classes, easier to switch should a healer be neede (e.g shadow priest) - if you want full on dps, I understood from beta posters locks arnt doing to great, so then I would go for the mage. But I'll leave real mage/lock players to discuss specifics.

Right now you have invasions to help you level and gear up too.

If you alliance toons have the warmill in Draenor, then you can buy account-bound stuff and mail it (cross server and cross faction) to your horde toon who can sell it for some gold. So while you don't have access to all the resources, you can get some over.