Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

[SPOILERS] Another Major Horde Death after Vol'Jin revealed + Major Exodar Event

I warned about spoilers. So i am not really sure what Blizzard is doing but as you see now that Vol'Jin died they replaced him with Saurfang in Orgrimmar..... well however it looks like Saurfang dies aswell while fighting a lot of demons with you (the player) in the Warrior Order Hall campaign and before his death he tells you ''i wish i could kill a few more demons with you etc''. The only thing that comes to my mind now is that they'll bring Thrall in Orgrimmar throne again, otherwise i can't think of anything else.

Now for Exodar, no matter what class you are at the end of the artifact questline everyone ends up in a final scenario where Velen's son who is an Eredar attacks Exodar, while you are fighting Velen's son, Velen turns against you and you fight both of them, when Velen's son dies Velen gives you the light's heart and you get it to Khadgar, then Velen says that he is no longer a Prophet and he orders the draenei to prepare the Exodar and launch it to Argus to get revenge against Sargeras for turning his son into a demon.

This is all, although the second event i understand it but the first not really because Saurfang's death was really random and hidden only for Warrior class...
    Last edited by Elfezen; 2016-08-20 at 10:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If i remember correctly doesnt he just get shot down? I dont remember him actually fighting with you. Even if, couldnt a Val'kyr resurrect him like you?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    good its time the horde lose some people the alliance lost maarad and taylor in wod and the horde lost nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    good its time the horde lose some people the alliance lost maarad and taylor in wod and the horde lost nothing.
    Maraad was already dead in our timeline anyway and Taylor was really unimportant character

I thought that was an alternate Maarad? Maybe I'm wrong.

Regardless: We lost Nazgrim in MoP so we definitely have losses to compensate for some of the stuff you lost in WoD. Nazgrim was super important... and now... well he's a death knight of the Four Horsemen so I guess there's that lol. BUT HEY YOU GUYS HAVE UH.. Trollbane right? That's pretty cool (should have been Admiral Taylor tbh. Can you imagine those two fighting together? Would have been SIIIICK)

I really dont think he's actually dead. I doubt they'd have bothered even moving him into the throne room in orgrimmar if they were just going to kill him 1 quest later.

Quote Originally Posted by Yashakuru View Post
    Maraad was already dead in our timeline anyway and Taylor was really unimportant character
    I thought so. Yeah then this wasn't even a loss lol. I'm pretty sure they stated that they didn't want anybody who was important and already dead to "come back to life" via time magic... so that's why Grom won't be here with us either. They're going to either stay on their own planet for a while or ever or died.

Can't believe that Velen will turn against "us" and dies. He's maybe the strongest racial leader at the moment.

7+ Year Old Account
    maraad wasn't dead its our maraad who went there we never saw thiers and taylor was all over mop.

They wouldn't make an achievement for his Orgrimmar defeat and script the fight at Orgrimmar if they were gonna kill him off in the same patch. He doesn't die.

lol? Cairne, saurfang jr, nazgrim, garrosh hit with the villain bat. Are you trolling?

10+ Year Old Account
    This nonsense again.

The overwhelming majority of Horde characters end up getting killed/turned into raid bosses.

7+ Year Old Account
    Does Saurfang seriously die in a Warrior specific scenario? That seems really odd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    This nonsense again.

The overwhelming majority of Horde characters end up getting killed/turned into raid bosses.
    And ours get turned into neutral pansy boys or just get killed. That doesn't even bring up crazy ass Jaina that no one wants to deal with or Magni who is a freak of nature that talks to planets.

Uh, no. It was "our" Maraad that died. Yrel was dead in our timeline and Maraad in "their". So it is a loss, and Taylor is just as important as Nazgrim, they are like literally mirrored characters.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    lol? Cairne, saurfang jr, nazgrim, garrosh hit with the villain bat. Are you trolling?
    bolvar,maarad, taylor, staghelm, kadgar is now, Neutral tiron Neutral.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    This nonsense again.

alliance characters get killed or turned Neutral not much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    They wouldn't make an achievement for his Orgrimmar defeat and script the fight at Orgrimmar if they were gonna kill him off in the same patch. He doesn't die.
    He dies during the Warrior Order Hall campaing, the Orgrimmar achievement where you get him to low health and he pretends that he is dead is a temporary one, probably will become ''legacy'' later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Can't believe that Velen will turn against "us" and dies. He's maybe the strongest racial leader at the moment.
    Same. This seems like a break of character from Velen.

He was after all able to resist the temptation of Sargeras, he risked everything on fleeing with the Naaru back then. And now because his son is misguided he just turns against all that?

Seems odd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Velen doesn't die right now, his son dies but Velen is going to leave Azeroth together with Exodar and attack Sargeras, that's the ending of the Artifact Questline for all the classes

7+ Year Old Account
    For what it's worth, as an Alliance player, I've always felt very personally invested in every Horde character that has been killed by Alliance or otherwise. I don't really think it's a matter of favoritism, but now that I think about it, I would like to see characters like Brann, Shandris, or maybe even Jaina bite the bullet. Varian died which is obviously a big deal, but it seems odd to me that Vol'jin died, seeing as how he didn't really... do anything as Warchief. I wonder how much more he was meant to do in WoD that got scrapped, or maybe they just wrote the Sylvanas storyline to be more important. It seems partly hamfisted as well, because like... okay, the Alliance faction leader dies so obviously the Horde one needs to die, right...? Only, for months I figured that Varian dying would be the counter to Garrosh and I never would have thought that Blizzard would kill Vol'jin after having done so little with him (literally nothing).

I wish Vol'jin had just been severly crippled and passed the title off. If he doesn't come back as a spirit or something, it will seem like a waste of an awfully important character.