Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    So why was that not in the movie?
    Probably cut for timing reasons, since it seems all the effect work was done for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think some more casual people are getting the wrong idea of mythic dungeons. They really aren't as challenging as some of you believe they are. I think this false sense of challenge comes from it not having an automatic group finder. If you can muster up the will to create a group for a mythic dungeon you'll see they really aren't as hard as you think they are, even in their present iteration in WoD. The challenge will come from higher levels.

Quote Originally Posted by ahunter8056 View Post
    And wait! Is the 7.1 Karazhan dungeon Mythic-only?! What the hell?!?! I don't do Mythic dungeons, so does that mean I'm barred from doing this content?! Why the hell would Blizzard only allow one difficulty for this first part of major content, and shut non-hardcore (in the highest difficulty sense of the term, rather than time spent) players out? Absolutely awful move by Blizzard. I got my hopes up for being able to loosely trust them again, and this is taking that away.
    Man are you gonna be unhapyp then to find out The Arcway and Court of Stars(Launch dungeons) are both Mythic-only, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elennoko View Post
    Man are you gonna be unhapyp then to find out The Arcway and Court of Stars(Launch dungeons) are both Mythic-only, too.
    I don't get the "WAAAAH ITS MYTHIC" crowd. Just because it has a scary name doesn't make it hard. The only reason you could have had any problem whatsoever in WoD Mythic dungeons was bad gear( go to Ashran etc) or an aversion to the LFG groups (get a tougher skin). Group finder or guild is all you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    The reason why it is Mythic only is mainly because it has 9 bosses. Remember, Heroic dungeons reset every day. Mythic dungeons reset weekly. In the interview, Ion said he expects people to clear some of the dungeon on one day, and the rest later. If they made Kara a Heroic dungeon, it would mean people would have to commit a large amount of time to clear it in one sitting. This would mean a lot of people would not be able to clear it.
    Wings. Like with every other big dungeon in WoW. Blackrocks, Stratholme, Scarlet cloister or whatever it's name was, I believe even Scholo. Some were completely revamped, but others still have the wings afaik.

I am an extreme opponent of locking content behind an arbitrary progression gate. Dungeon Finder and LFR are a blessing for people who just want to experience the content without having to put in a lot of time trying to actively find groups or farming gear to be good enough. Yes, I was 16 once too and had all the time in the world. That is no longer the case. LFR is already a large time commitment, finding a premade group if you are not part of any guild nor have any friends still playing the game, because of said time commitments or other reasons simply means that some people will not experience content that took a lot of time and resources to make. Why? Nobody knows, because you can STILL make a Mythic +(+++++++++) mode for ANY dungeon. There is literally no reason to make a dungeon mythic only. It just doesn't make any sense.

Some people just wanna see the stuff and experience the lore. I stopped bothering about loot long ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalga View Post
    there is no way for it not to be mythic+ though. Considering how long it is gonna take to clear , they will have to up the ilvl of the drops for ppl to even consider doing it rather then doing 2 mythic+es which would take the same time more or less.
    This is what I don't get. The difficulty is equivalent to WoD heroics so why the hell can we not queue for it? I think an attunement like there is for suramar dungeons is more than enough. I don't want to spam every channel or apply for on group find we for groups that can be just as bad as if I queued for through lfg.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Blizzard poorly named mythic+ if they wanted players to understand it starts at roughly heroic mode. Why not have just named it heroic+ and had only the base heroic queuable with LFD? Or they could have just disabled stones being used in LFD. Instead, they kept the "mythic" name which many associate with hard, especially when it comes to mythic raiding. It's hard to change first impressions and players already have their first impression of mythic mode with WoD. Just slapping a "+" on it won't change people's impressions.

It's no surprise people are pissed by this. Karazhan is supposed to tie heavily into Legion lore which also has many understandably upset. How is Kara being mythic only different than having Cho'gall be in mythic only Highmaul? Blizzard's finishing a story in content that many likely won't see.

Every time I see something from Legion, it seems to be one step forward and two steps back. Many wanted to see Karazhan again (I wasn't among them but whatever). Now Blizzard's putting a gate on it by saying you have to either make your own group (which many won't do for one reason or another), hope you can get into someone else's group, or just not do it. That's not right. Putting something highly desired behind something that's effectively impossible for many isn't fair. The Grove Warden was just downright insulting after people begged during the 2008 Olympics for a moose. Adding the regular moose mounts in Legion doesn't change the bitter taste left by the Grove Warden (which was originally a store mount).

Also can't say I'm happy Blizzard's effectively going back to "bring the class, not the player". So much for playing the class you want to play. If you want to do something, better hope you're on a desired class. DHs were already screwed due to how many want to play them. Once Legion's out, DHs won't be wanted at all. Then the theoretical worst DPS classes and specs will get kicked to the curb while the best spec for the worst class might only be brought for their utility. The worst healers will likely be ditched in favor of the best DPS spec they have. Same for tanks. Blizzard's making a BIG mistake. I have to wonder how fast they go back on it, but considering WoD ... we're going to be in for a few long and frustrating expansion unless Legion gets cut short like WoD did.

Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    Blizzard poorly named mythic+ if they wanted players to understand it starts at roughly heroic mode. Why not have just named it heroic+ and had only the base heroic queuable with LFD? Or they could have just disabled stones being used in LFD. Instead, they kept the "mythic" name which many associate with hard, especially when it comes to mythic raiding. It's hard to change first impressions and players already have their first impression of mythic mode with WoD. Just slapping a "+" on it won't change people's impressions.

It's no surprise people are pissed by this. Karazhan is supposed to tie heavily into Legion lore which also has many understandably upset. How is Kara being mythic only different than having Cho'gall be in mythic only Highmaul? Blizzard's finishing a story in content that many likely won't see.

Every time I see something from Legion, it seems to be one step forward and two steps back. Many wanted to see Karazhan again (I wasn't among them but whatever). Now Blizzard's putting a gate on it by saying you have to either make your own group (which many won't do for one reason or another), hope you can get into someone else's group, or just not do it. That's not right. Putting something highly desired behind something that's effectively impossible for many isn't fair. The Grove Warden was just downright insulting after people begged during the 2008 Olympics for a moose. Adding the regular moose mounts in Legion doesn't change the bitter taste left by the Grove Warden (which was originally a store mount).

Also can't say I'm happy Blizzard's effectively going back to "bring the class, not the player". So much for playing the class you want to play. If you want to do something, better hope you're on a desired class. DHs were already screwed due to how many want to play them. Once Legion's out, DHs won't be wanted at all. Then the theoretical worst DPS classes and specs will get kicked to the curb while the best spec for the worst class might only be brought for their utility. The worst healers will likely be ditched in favor of the best DPS spec they have. Same for tanks. Blizzard's making a BIG mistake. I have to wonder how fast they go back on it, but considering WoD ... we're going to be in for a few long and frustrating expansion unless Legion gets cut short like WoD did.
    Ugh the Hazzikostas fella really thought it was a mistake to say "bring the player not the class" as it made classes extremely boring and too much alike. He almost sighed when he mentioned that sentence, because the community has been saying that ever since like it's some holy word.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That scene would've been great in the Movie.

Stupid fucking companies and their butchering of films. Feel sorry for Duncan Jones since whilst I enjoyed the movie it felt like he was disappointed at some things they removed which seems like it could've made the movie stronger.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    keep telling this to yourself - all the time till this point in 2018 when you will finally realise that after nighthold there will be only 1 raid left
    Well at least I have something that you seem to have lost long ago and that is having a benefit of a doubt, so we will just wait and see when we do get more info on what comes after Nighthold.. And if indeed their are two more tiers after Nighthold as they are saying then I can then laugh at you for being so quick to judge..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2016-08-20 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Really? Mythic only Karazhan? Why not make a heroic mode and mythic mode? So dumb. Stop trying to force people into Mythic dungeons
    As someone pointed out earlier, mythic really isn't as hard as it sounds. It's more like heroic and a half degree more difficulty. It's the mythic+ stuff that is intended for those that wish to actually test their skill. In return, they earn better rewards.

Deleted
    In Mythic+ dungeons melee do really well thanks to their cleave and mobility compared to casters that have to stand still.
    Melee may be a little stronger in Mythic+ dungeons while ranged are a little stronger in raids, which is fine as long as the gap isn't too large.
    So on other words roll BM and get the best of both worlds? Okay then, I'll get my NES controller.

15+ Year Old Account
    You don't need a guild to do Mythic dungeons. Get thicker skin and play the game.

It's not the difficulty really, it's more that pugs are awful and to do these mythics i'm expected to what? Join a guild? I'm sure a lot of people will be over having to find groups for them and just won't do them altogether due to the fact that pugs are awful and you won't get anywhere unless you're in an actual good guild lol

It's just dumb to gate future content behind a difficulty not many do. I know they really want mythic dungeons to be a thing, but I'm hoping they'll atleast put in another difficulty. (Would be nice for alts too)
    >i'm expected to what? Join a guild?

Why is this a bad thing? Blizzard might actually be trying to foster the growth of guilds, which is not a bad thing. I get wanting to just play solo, but guilds are what made vanilla and TBC awesome for me. I couldn't run The Black Temple solo in TBC, I needed a guild. Same here - except that it's puggable as well.

Put some effort into a guild, maybe it will pay off for you, and then you'll have access to all of the content. If Blizzard is going to encourage guilds again, that's a HUGE item on the "Good Things" list.

Deleted
    I can't believe there are so many retarded comments without any argument trying to shoot down what Blizzard does or says all the time. The MMO forum has to be one of the worst forums ever. Just a bunch of trolls and kids who clearly have some kind of self-esteem problem who only wants to talk shit about everything all the time.

It's not the difficulty really, it's more that pugs are awful and to do these mythics i'm expected to what? Join a guild? I'm sure a lot of people will be over having to find groups for them and just won't do them altogether due to the fact that pugs are awful and you won't get anywhere unless you're in an actual good guild lol

It's just dumb to gate future content behind a difficulty not many do. I know they really want mythic dungeons to be a thing, but I'm hoping they'll atleast put in another difficulty. (Would be nice for alts too)
    It's not Blizzard's fault that you refuse to join a guild and I'm guessing have no friends to play with? WoW is a MMORPG, and that's the concept Blizzard builds most of their content almost completely around. While I also like playing solo because the bulk of the community is rotten toxic to the core, I still managed to find a few people that I can play the game with outside of my pretty much defunct guild. You want to play group content? You're pretty much required to make some friends. All you need are four other people for mythic dungeons. Or get used to PuGs. It's your choice. Otherwise you may have to come to the realization that WoW may not be the kind of game you're looking for.

15+ Year Old Account
    The community doesn't do a great job when something is 1% better and they claim it is the only viable option and everything else is garbage.
    Lol yep.

10 charmanders

Deleted

So you are complaining about having to join a guild.... in an MMORPG? For crying out loud what has the modern "gamer" become?

I'm gonna say this once to people like you: It is not Blizzard that is dumb for gating stuff behind difficulty, it is you that is dumb for playing an MMORPG when you don't have the time schedule or social abilities for it.

You don't join a karting club for 30 minutes a week and expect to drive a Formula 1 car. You don't join a saturday amateur football club and expect to play against Lionel Messi. You don't join a monthly housewives cooking club and expect to win master chef.
    You don't play an MMORPG for 30 minutes a week and expect to get ALL the freaking rewards and see everything.

There's enough games on the market that target a casual audience, heck there's even some MMO's that do that. Please stop trying to cater WoW to your playstyle and ruin it for everyone else. The game was as it's highpoint both content and player numbers wise when it was more hardcore. Ever since the uber-casuals started coming in and claiming they are the majority, it has been going downhill in content and player numbers.
    Last edited by mmocd1f612b92e; 2016-08-20 at 09:08 AM.

Classes are balanced against each other without Artifacts or Legendary items.

I have never laughed more in my life till I read this! xD
    Last edited by By the sword; 2016-08-20 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Well at least I have something that you seem to have lost long ago and that is having a benefit of a doubt, so we will just wait and see when we do get more info on what comes after Nighthold.. And if indeed their are two more tiers after Nighthold as they are saying then I can then laugh at you for being so quick to judge..
    oh i definetly lost it long ago - its called being adoult who learns from his mistakes. fool me once shame on you - fool me twice shame on me.