Poll: Thoughts on Mythic Only Dungeons

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    and this is why peoples ask for an heroic version of it
    Can't they just find some people in the group tool? It's not terribly difficult and you might actually make a friend.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    No need for two of them then is there? They can just turn Heroic better and have Mythic/Mythic+ as the challenging 5 man content for more competitive players.
    The best thing would be to have only 2 options: Queueable normals(or call it whatever you want) , and then nonqueueable Mythic+.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

You don't need guild to do it too. I pugged highmaul and BRF just fine and finished both in heroic. You simply click one button to que then wait for invite. Is that even a problem? -_-.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    You don't need guild to do it too. I pugged highmaul and BRF just fine and finished both in heroic. You simply click one button to que then wait for invite. Is that even a problem? -_-.
    They probably dont know how to use it.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

and this is why peoples ask for an heroic version of it
    Why? Mythic is the new heroic. Heroic is the new normal.

People are so fucking lazy these days, they dont have a problem with queueing up through LFD, but when they suddendly need to do it manually, they complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Making additional dungeons Mythic(+?) only makes Blizzard able to add more dungeons without making them make all regular dungeons obsolete thanks to weekly lockout. So yes, I'm more than fine with this move and I hope they keep doing so.

It's pretty embarrassing that this is even an issue. Oh no, you might have to chat with people to make a group in an MMO... how horrible...

And then you wonder why all the social aspects of WoW are pretty much gone?
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2016-08-20 at 09:29 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Can't they just find some people in the group tool? It's not terribly difficult and you might actually make a friend.
    are we playing a game or are we playing facebook? lfg give lot of freedom that the manual one don't, if someone is terribly bad or do shit you need to go back and find a substitute it imply a long wait time especially if it is the tank or the healer, if someone drop mid run it's the same and it create a problem for both the group that need to find a substitute and for the one who dropped that have the dungeon in lockout etc.
    And i don't want even talking about how the manual tool is filled with peoples looking for overgeared players asking out of proportion ilevel, i wonder if the artifact is for example inspectable and peoples could refuse you if you don't have it maxed out.
    This shit don't exist in lfg you enter do our job and if something go wrong drop it and queue again, especially for something that has 1 week lockout.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Also only Mythic is on weekly lockout. You can run Mythic+ as along as you have key stones and get gear every time from it, only cache is weekly.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    Why? Mythic is the new heroic. Heroic is the new normal.

People are so fucking lazy these days, they dont have a problem with queueing up through LFD, but when they suddendly need to do it manually, they complain.
    why you care just group up and do mythic i don't really care what you do why you care for what i do? are you a kind of stalker?
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    No, it's dumb. 5 mans on a weekly lockout - come on. It's nonsense. Let raids be raids. They're just screwing with the appeal of 5 man gameplay with that kind of stuff. Taking 5 mans off of LFD is equally silly.
    A) People would farm them to earn dozens of warforged items quite easily.

B) It gives incentive to socialize.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Also only Mythic is on weekly lockout. You can run Mythic+ as along as you have key stones and get gear every time from it, only cache is weekly.
    good for you for me cba going to run the same shit 30 time a day to have a + 15 ilvl

10+ Year Old Account
    So, the issue here is because it's 9 bosses and huge it's going to take a long time to clear it. Blizzard would have to basically chop it up into 3 pieces to make 3 smaller dungeons you can queue for, then they've got to nerf all the bosses and mobs, scale the gear and/or recolour too. Lots of work because you have to be able to queue for it. I can see why they are making it Mythic only, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    So, the issue here is because it's 9 bosses and huge it's going to take a long time to clear it. Blizzard would have to basically chop it up into 3 pieces to make 3 smaller dungeons you can queue for, then they've got to nerf all the bosses and mobs, scale the gear and/or recolour too. Lots of work because you have to be able to queue for it. I can see why they are making it Mythic only, honestly.
    the 9 boss is a non issue if the thing is in lfg it don't have a lockout so you can replace members who drop easily mid run; on the other hand i wonder how many get it locked in manual lfg without being able to complete it that weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    People would farm them to earn dozens of warforged items quite easily.
    Which is just a symptom. Make a weekly CD on warforged if that's such a problem. But not a lockout on the instance. That's exactly what I'm saying in the first place. Keep that stuff out of 5 mans, it's backwards and mistaken.

It gives incentive to socialize.
    It doesn't. Also, fuck socialize. Gameplay first, socializing is optional. You can stand around in SW and whisper all day if you want.

Deleted
    No, it's dumb. 5 mans on a weekly lockout - come on. It's nonsense. Let raids be raids. They're just screwing with the appeal of 5 man gameplay with that kind of stuff. Taking 5 mans off of LFD is equally silly.
    the harder 5 mans has always been on a weekly lockout.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Which is just a symptom. Make a weekly CD on warforged if that's such a problem. But not a lockout on the instance. That's exactly what I'm saying in the first place. Keep that stuff out of 5 mans, it's backwards and mistaken.
    You can farm Mythic+ as much as you want, no lockout on it.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

?_?

what probably some old vanilla shit was not even shattered hall was on weekly lockout?

- - - Updated - - -

mythic+ is like the shitty grand rift you get in diablo how someone would farm that all day long is beyond my comprehension capacity

Which ones do you mean? I can't remember any 5 mans on weekly lockouts and I've been doing them all since Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    the 9 boss is a non issue if the thing is in lfg it don't have a lockout so you can replace members who drop easily mid run; on the other hand i wonder how many get it locked in manual lfg without being able to complete it that weekend.
    That actually is an issue. Content you can queue for is meant to be bite-sized notice that LFR is cut into small portions so you can go in there, auto-attack the loot pinata joke of a target dummy that's shaped like a boss, and collect your purps and bounce. The average person clicking the queue button who skips all non-queue group stuff doesn't have the time to sit waiting for replacements or slogging through an instance for 2 hours because as we've been told by these people over and over again they have a life, a wife, a mistress on the side, three children, two dogs, one cat, a saltwater aquarium with lots of fish, two full-time jobs, etc. and so on. They can't be bothered to put a group together because of time constraints.

If they had the time they wouldn't need to queue.

I'm gonna be honest, I don't even understand how this shit works any more. Never asked for all this mythic, plus, keystone, whatever nonsense. I don't know who can do what, why, when, how often and whatever. Always just wanted to do cool 5 mans that had a little oomph to them, like in TBC or Cata.