Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    For me Shouko and Misaki tend to be the type of female personality I find highly attractive. Isolation and suffering deepens the soul in ways that cannot be replicated. Although I feel odd at times trying to explain this, because it sounds like I actively wish this on people or that I somehow find the suffering itself attractive (neither of which are true).
    I totally get what you're saying here. It's part of why I like Yukino so much (on top of a little self-insertion) as well as Shouko. And it's not just that there was some sort of sad back story, but more that you got to see it in action. That's kinda why a lot of VN-based shows fall flat to me (Clannad is a good example); the girls are there and then suddenly muh tragic back story gets tacked on. I think some sort of suffering or trial shows you exactly who a character is and that makes them more real and relatable.

I actually find the more subdued hardships to be more interesting to watch though the characters tend not to be as interesting; a good example of that is Kumiko from Euphonium and how she struggled with how serious she was about her love for music and her desire to get better. That's actually how a lot of characters are handled in Chihayafuru as well, which is the reason it's my favorite manga, hands down. The author does a fantastic job of introducing characters and getting you familiar with them and invested in them fairly soon after they're added in. Each character has their own personal struggle that isn't just isolated to karuta, but karuta is either the outlet, catalyst, or metaphor for those struggles. The main characters, Chihaya and Taichi, had their issues they were working through and karuta did a good job of helping them work everything out, until recently when it because apparent that karuta wasn't enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Asuka (Evangelion), Asuna (Sword Art Online)
    I'm pretty sure they'd either kill each other or kill you lol either way I agree it'd be hella entertaining in the meantime

- - - Updated - - -

Maid-sama 23 - This show is more annoying now than anything else. I know there are only like 4 or 5 episodes left, but I can't watch anymore. The stupid childhood friend is one of the most annoying characters ever. Usui never stopped being a creep. Misaki lost a lot of points with me for turning into a total beta. The comedy was good for a while but it just kinda fell flat and the last 5 or 6 episodes became more and more of a choice to watch. 6/10, dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Read Kimi no iru machi
    It's in my bookmarks actually, was looking for something completed to read and it was between this one and Kami Nomi

10+ Year Old Account
    Now go watch Natsume @Sj :3

Enjoy getting a super thick skin for bullshit in other manga after plowing through all of kimi no iru machi
    What do you mean by that, lots of BS in KimiMachi or lack of?

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Now go watch Natsume @Sj :3
    I tried to watch episode 1 but wasn't feeling it right away. Seems interesting, just not what I was looking to watch atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    My top 5 would definitely be Marika, Misuzu, Takagi, Kaguya and Shinoa at the moment.

I need me some smug in my life.

Plenty of other great girls out there, but no point stressing over it. Because they're not real.

Kimi no Iru Machi is already causing me to have to fight back the rage and I'm only 15 chapters in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Kimi no Iru Machi is already causing me to have to fight back the rage and I'm only 15 chapters in.
    You've seen nothing yet. It's Kimi no Rage Machi for a reason.

Wait this is written by the same author as Suzuka and Fuuka isn't it? I've been warned against reading those by a few people for similar reasons and now I'm remembering that I was warned against Iru Machi too.

When I erupt into a fiery ball of rage, remember to blame Chelly.

I'll use it as a reminder that I'm eternally grateful to never have been a beta as fuck Japanese schoolboy. No wonder I was able to land a hot nip gf, my Napoleon Complex is finally paying off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does Mob Psycho 100 get better? Didn't enjoy the first episode at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Does Mob Psycho 100 get better? Didn't enjoy the first episode at all.
    The first episode turned me off completely, but gave the second a go, I think it's alright thus far (minus the first one).

10+ Year Old Account
    The shit I get up to when I'm bored...

Looks a little wonky, but I at least I didn't trace it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuseishu View Post
    The first episode turned me off completely, but gave the second a go, I think it's alright thus far (minus the first one).
    I'll continue it for now then, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    MFW shitposting

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    The shit I get up to when I'm bored...

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3ay5dPBl.jpg[img]

Looks a little wonky, but I at least I didn't trace it.
    Nice eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    LLS ep8: Saint Snow song was pretty good. they skipped Aqours song, only seen some flashbacks to it. they got the results. Oh man the results are brutal last place (0 points), heck even Saint Snow was only ninth place with 90 something points.
    Last edited by Millhi; 2016-08-20 at 02:00 PM.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    Amaama to Inazuma 07 - The shark song is far too cute. On that note, it's actually illegal in my state for children under 12 to go for a walkabout unaccompanied, even going to school. I think it's a recent interpretation of an old 'leaving kids unsupervised' law because it wasn't a problem for my brother and I when we were young in the 90s.

10+ Year Old Account
    ARENA 01: [Katō Megumi] Momo Belia Deviluke
    ARENA 02: Hoto Kokoa [Abstained] Inaba Himeko
    ARENA 03: [Shana] Shimakaze
    ARENA 04: [C.C.] Kashiwazaki Sena
    ARENA 05: Yazawa Nico [Tōsaka Rin]
    ARENA 06: [Shiodome Miuna] Himeragi Yukina
    ARENA 07: [Yatogami Tōka] Kafū Chino
    ARENA 08: [Ayase Eli] Kagura
    ARENA 09: [Kazehaya Kamito] Kamijō Tōma
    ARENA 10: Producer (Cinderella Girls) [Abstained] Joseph Joestar
    ARENA 11: [Hyakuya Mikaela] Otosaka Yū
    ARENA 12: Hinata Shōyō [Abstained] Tōyama Kinji
    ARENA 13: Kyon [Totsuka Saika]
    ARENA 14: Ciel Phantomhive [Uchiha Itachi]
    ARENA 15: [Yagami Light] Kurogane Ikki
    ARENA 16: [Eren Yeager] Oikawa Tōru
    ARENA 17: [Emilia] Shiraishi
    ARENA 18: Nishizumi Miho [Kowata Makoto]

Iru Machi should have ended during chapter 27 when MC gave it to chick's bangin ass imouto.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I should read this... for research purposes.

Yes... research purposes...

>_>
    lol no that's not what happened (nothing anywhere close to that has), she's just kinda hot so I was projecting

This manga is pretty much a train wreck but it's definitely entertaining lol

- - - Updated - - -

no

it should've ended before it began
    lol i'm kinda enjoying it it's like a really bad soap opera so far

i guess it helps to expect it to be downright awful

- - - Updated - - -

KUBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!caps
    Last edited by Sj; 2016-08-20 at 06:08 PM. Reason: picture was huge