Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Is it intentional that you don't get XP from the invasion mobs if you are dead?

Because you don't currently get XP from the mobs if you are dead, even if you participated in killing them. You get the useless nethershards, yes, but not XP. And since the whole invasion XP gain is currently based on killing shit after the latest hotfix, this seems a bit lame since you are dead 25 hours a day when horde outnumbers alliance 9 to 1 and alliance only has two events they can do safely.

pretty sure it was like that from the dawn of ages

Deleted
    Thank god I am currently leveling a rogue. If in doubt, vanish. Some people are a$$holes and intentionally go for low level players only. Too bad I don't have a second account otherwise I would go in with that one and do a clean sweep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't level in event zones on a pvp server?

Seriously what were you expecting :S

So, the standard PvP server issues if you're on the losing side. Probably been said before, but you should expect to be inconvenienced when you choose to play on a PvP server. Also, I'm pretty sure "no xp while dead" has been standard since vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Because you don't currently get XP from the mobs if you are dead, even if you participated in killing them. You get the useless nethershards, yes, but not XP. And since the whole invasion XP gain is currently based on killing shit after the latest hotfix, this seems a bit lame since you are dead 25 hours a day when horde outnumbers alliance 9 to 1 and alliance only has two events they can do safely.
    Actually, Alliance has 3 events that are safe.

Though, I am thinking it is on purpose that you don't get kill XP while dead.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Yes. Especially the final stage was designed to be watched from afar, and let the plebs throw their bodies at the boss till it topples over.

It's ALWAYS been like that...

Deleted
    Is this guy for real? Jesus.

Bad troll.. Shoo

Yeah it's always been like that, as far as I can remember at least going back 10 odd years.

I'm not on a PvP server, but it does suck a little, as a lowbie being one shot and then not getting the xp from the mob you've been fighting for ages! still that happens only occasionally, however a bit more frustrating on a pvp server I can imagine!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Is this guy for real? Jesus.

Bad troll.. Shoo
    The only one trolling here is you.

But meh, sucks. Shared tagging but no hope of getting the XP from the mob, which is just lame since you still get the shards though.

Yes, and this is cancer for a leveling warrior. Tag and run away, but not too far away or you'll loose the tag, gg

- - - Updated - - -

Even more considering aoe dmg from opposite faction hurts.. .a lot...

been like that since the start of vanilla, you never get exp for any mob if you are dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it is almost like being dead impedes your character's ability to gain experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Actually, Alliance has 3 events that are safe.
    That is actually a filthy lie.
    Two of the invasions are safe (Kharanos and Westfall).
    One is neutral i.e. unsafe (Tanaris)
    3 are Horde territory i.e. unsafe (Azshara, Northern Barrens, Hillsbrad)

Traveling times are way worse too, thanks to Hillsbrad being almost inaccessible.
    The fastest way to get there is via gryphon from Ironforge.
    Last edited by Geschan; 2016-08-20 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geschan View Post
    Traveling times are way worse too, thanks to Hillsbrad being almost inaccessible.
    What about mage portal to Hilsbrad?

Quote Originally Posted by Akelina View Post
    What about mage portal to Hilsbrad?
    Not everyone is a mage. Btw, as alliance I can confirm that westfall is far from safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geschan View Post
    That is actually a filthy lie.
    Two of the invasions are safe (Kharanos and Westfall).
    One is neutral i.e. unsafe (Tanaris)
    3 are Horde territory i.e. unsafe (Azshara, Northern Barrens, Hillsbrad)

That isn't a lie.

Tanaris IS actually safe for you too. The guards protect you, just like they protect the Horde if you attack.

Oh, and fastest way to get to Hillsbrad is to be a DK, or Mage.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

As already mentioned by others, not everyone is a deathknight or a mage.
    In addition to that, the mage portal to old dalaran is a non standart portal.
    You need to invest a fair amount of work to get the teleport. Link

While an Invasion is activ all guards are more or less occupied with fighting demons.
    They won't help one bit against aggressive horde ;>.
    And even if they did. They hit like wet noodles... so who cares about the guards.
    Last edited by Geschan; 2016-08-20 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    The only one trolling here is you.

But meh, sucks. Shared tagging but no hope of getting the XP from the mob, which is just lame since you still get the shards though.
    Clearly doesn't have even the slightest clue what trolling is.