Poll: Thoughts on Mythic Only Dungeons

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Having Mythic only level dungeons that don't have to be tuned around 10-15 minute easy mode LFD runs is great. It means they can actually make dungeons feel like proper experiences again. You could never have a 9 boss epic 5-man like BRD or the new 7.1 concept of Karazhan if it had to be tuned for LFG and included in the random dungeon rotation. It'd have to be split up into shitty 3 boss wings.

I'm all for Mythic only dungeons.

That poll. Normal/Heroic is what dungeons' difficulty should be. Normal for leveling up, heroic for getting some gear to start raiding. Mythic,Mythic+ is a terrible idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Having Mythic only level dungeons that don't have to be tuned around 10-15 minute easy mode LFD runs is great. It means they can actually make dungeons feel like proper experiences again. You could never have a 9 boss epic 5-man like BRD or the new 7.1 concept of Karazhan if it had to be tuned for LFG and included in the random dungeon rotation. It'd have to be split up into shitty 3 boss wings.

I'm all for Mythic only dungeons.
    Except that people are already crying on these boards and I don't even dare to check the wretched hive of scum and villainy that is the official forum. The biggest crybabies tend to post there.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

I never bothered doing mythic dungeons in WoD. Are they actually challenging? Or is this a case like with heroic scenarios? (Something that wasn't hard, but was just not queueable as an incentive to socialize) I've heard some folks say they're easier than Cata heroics were.

My only fear is that unless you form your own pug or have a dedicated group of friends, pugs will just ask you to overgear everything when the stuff is a few months old. No idea if that's the case with current mythics, as said, I pretty much sat most of WoD out.

But I do like the idea of getting people to do basic socialization, it's just that the community is so gal darn toxic.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    I want every dungeon on every difficulty scaled.. New old don't care. Just give me a massive amount of variety.

It's a step in the right direction. Happy to see that more than 50% agree.

Btw they should remove LFD and people need to start forming groups again by TALKING to each other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    I love this, it makes the social aspect of the game a lot better since it makes more casual people try and communicate to form groups
    It just forces Players to group up, it is not really social. With the current system, you can either voluntarily form a group with your friends (or pugs), or use the LFG/LFR System. Without a choice, it isn't really social.

part of me thinks "why mythic only? if you want to run mythic go ahead if you want to run heroic then go ahead"

On the flip side (the one I lean more towards) mythic only would help squash the rampant instant gratification attitudes which come from being antisocial and no consequences linked to skipping mechanics.

Heroic is redundant anyway, you can just afk LFR and get equal or better gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I never bothered doing mythic dungeons in WoD. Are they actually challenging? Or is this a case like with heroic scenarios? (Something that wasn't hard, but was just not queueable as an incentive to socialize) I've heard some folks say they're easier than Cata heroics were.

My only fear is that unless you form your own pug or have a dedicated group of friends, pugs will just ask you to overgear everything when the stuff is a few months old. No idea if that's the case with current mythics, as said, I pretty much sat most of WoD out.

But I do like the idea of getting people to do basic socialization, it's just that the community is so gal darn toxic.
    I thought Mythics in WoD were pretty well tuned and were a significant challenge if you were at an ilvl where you might get an upgrade in them.

Nowadays though, when people in lfg are looking for you to be 40-50 ilvls above what drops in the dungeon they are pretty easy, just like most things are when you massively out gear them.

Meh, it's all just another one of Blizzard's experiments, apparently mythic dungeon participation wasn't all that hot if they feel they have to force people into it by gating certain 5-mans behind it (Note how they backpedalled on "push people into normal+ raids" for Legion :3 ), if it doesn't work we're going to see a fine feat of backpedalling skill again, no big deal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Which ones do you mean? I can't remember any 5 mans on weekly lockouts and I've been doing them all since Vanilla.
    All the heroics in TBC for example

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    All the heroics in TBC for example
    Nonsense, they were on a daily lockout just as they are now.

I am very glad to see these mythic dungeons for two reasons

1. they are paying attention to the problems that multiple dungeon tiers caused in the past and are putting forward effort to nip the problem in the bud
    2. you actually have to get good at the game

The game is far worse for this nonsensical "everyone gets to see everything" attitude, especially with the gear avenues opening up. At this state in the game there is nothing stopping you from clearing all the content except for a modest skill wall and a modicum of social capital. God forbid you actually make friends in an mmo

Weekly lockouts? Fine, so long as you can still drop in and help your friends who haven't cleared it for the week
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    I'm gonna be honest, I don't even understand how this shit works any more. Never asked for all this mythic, plus, keystone, whatever nonsense. I don't know who can do what, why, when, how often and whatever. Always just wanted to do cool 5 mans that had a little oomph to them, like in TBC or Cata.
    You think something cant happen because you didnt ask for it lol?

Anyway its quite easy to understand

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    You think something cant happen because you didnt ask for it lol?

Anyway its quite easy to understand
    You're the guy who claims that TBC heroics were on weekly lockouts. You've officially forfeited your right on having opinions and voicing them publicly.

I'm gonna be honest, I don't even understand how this shit works any more. Never asked for all this mythic, plus, keystone, whatever nonsense. I don't know who can do what, why, when, how often and whatever. Always just wanted to do cool 5 mans that had a little oomph to them, like in TBC or Cata.
    Simplified: You can run it as long as someone from your group has a keystone.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Simplified: You can run it as long as someone from your group has a keystone.
    And it can it also be a "depleted" whatever keystone, right?

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    why you care just group up and do mythic i don't really care what you do why you care for what i do? are you a kind of stalker?
    To be honest, I dont give a shit about what you do in wow. I just think you're lazy.

And it can it also be a "depleted" whatever keystone, right?
    Not sure, but you can get someone new with a fresh keystone, over and over again.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

This will be a long post but bear with me.

I don't think Legion is designed with the current player base in mind. If you think about it, all these changes sound and feel like vanilla and tbc. Things like supporting the expansion for longer, giving more things to do in the world, making dungeons relevant for the entire expansion, the class changes ect.

I think that legion is designed by the feedback of players who quit from cata through WoD. The last known sub number was 5.5 mil? I would bet it is lower now, or got lower then that. If that is the case, it would be a smarter move by blizzard to try to regain the loss subs based on their feedback and let the current playerbase leave. They would probably end with a larger sub number then they currently have.

Its just a thought.