Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    you arent even comparing it to the garrison but to the old command table and old follower system.
    lots of warlords' stuff was gated behind follower/command table shit, the only stuff gated behind legions table is a couple of class campaign quests.
    the rest is addition to for more AP and bit of gold.
    The CORE part of the garrison was the command table and the follower system, if it wasn't what was?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    The CORE part of the garrison was the command table and the follower system, if it wasn't what was?
    Yes it is. But it's a monumental oversimplification to say such a thing. The way it's used is different, the quests are different, the rewards are different, how they mingle in gameplay is different, their importance is different. Basically in that sentence you just said everything they have in common, but nothing that is different with it.

That being said: I agree with you that the OP asked a question, let's not be rude needlesly to him/her.

- - - Updated - - -

To OP: I do believe that your fears are misplaced.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucerian View Post
    Since the Gamescom 7.1 news I have to say I have a Star Wars "bad feeling about this". They're playing to BC nostalgia again. Planning content that allows hyping things up like a return to WoW's glory days when the actual product may be nothing of the sort.

The pitch: "Legion: ILLIDAN! Burning Legion! Demon Hunters! Karazhan!"

Actual product: Garrisons 2.0, non-endgame content that lasts a week, LFR treadmill, classes and gear and game systems simplified ad absurdum, etc...

Are my fears misplaced? I've not played the beta.
    A bit far fetched on your theory.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Time to rip this apart then.

1. Karazhan reboot is a part of that tbc nostalgia? If we could stop rebooting glorified content that be great.

2. Subjective, to me it was TBC as I feel wrath raiding was pisspoor (yaya ulduar, look back at it objectively and realise how many boring bosses it had? That said still subjective. Don't get me started on the TotGC)

3. Ya thats still a part of the BC nostalgia tho?

4. Class Halls are garrisons 2.0, I don't see how you feel they arent but feel free to eloborate on that. Non-endgame content, not endgame content, at least read his post before you try to rip it apart. LFR isn't exactly any more difficult so I agree with that statement, gear is whatever, gear in WoD was fine so I'll let that be, never saw gear as a interesting factor as its just tools for a means to an end.

5. He asked a question based in my opinion on some valid arguments, he asked everyone to prove him wrong, don't see a issue with it.

ps: I share the entire stop using old glory days to create hype bullshit. Stop remaking old content.

You can honestly tell who hasnt played beta, and people who enjoy blowing smoke up peoples asses like they have played beta.

You are the smoke blower.

OP, nothing to fear. As a beta tester of the last 3 1/2 months, your fears are HIGHLY unfounded. Legion is fantastic on most standpoints
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

Since the Gamescom 7.1 news I have to say I have a Star Wars "bad feeling about this". They're playing to BC nostalgia again. Planning content that allows hyping things up like a return to WoW's glory days when the actual product may be nothing of the sort.

Actual product: Garrisons 2.0, non-endgame content that lasts a week, LFR treadmill, classes and gear and game systems simplified ad absurdum, etc...

You don't have the beta, haven't experienced anything about Legion, and come here and act like your "fears" are warranted. Get the fuck out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishy View Post
    You can honestly tell who hasnt played beta, and people who enjoy blowing smoke up peoples asses like they have played beta.

You are the smoke blower.

OP, nothing to fear. As a beta tester of the last 3 1/2 months, your fears are HIGHLY unfounded. Legion is fantastic on most standpoints
    So based on my view of class halls you feel you have enough information to decide wether or not I played beta? Ok then.

actually, OP is right with his concern about garrison 2.0.
    Ive heavily played beta and there are ALOT of similarities. Yes you get to do more yourself but the concept is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Ive heavily played beta and there are ALOT of similarities. Yes you get to do more yourself but the concept is the same.
    The concept might be the same but the execution is vastly different.
    The concept in Ruby Sanctum is the same as every other raid it doesn't mean that every other raid is a piece of trash like that. The concept of Garrisons were amazing but the execution was really, really bad. Class Halls are different and after levelling several characters to 110 and playing a lot of the beta i feel secure enough to say that are vastly superior to garrisons.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

I didn't think of TBC at all at that Trailer, even though I played TBC.

If you've been in Karazhan or seen the trailer in 7.0, you'll know it will be nothing like 2.0 Karazhan.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    another Thread where someone spills nonsense who never played Beta and is a HeelsvsBabyface sheep who just spouts shit and ofc never reply again in the thread

10+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck OP is talking about?
    What the fuck is LFR treadmill? Game systems... simplified? What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

7+ Year Old Account
    building a base, customizing buildings and having it provide you with free reagents, if you think the command table was the ONLY part of the garrison, and was the worse part ofi t... you are some kind og stupid, the command table was fine, THE REST of the garrison was the issue, the mine, the herb garden, the AH, the trader, everything of it, the command table was fine

with your application of 2.0, lets just call bc vanilla 2.0, wrath vanilla 3.0, cata vanilla 4.0, mop vanilla 5.0, wod vanilla 6.0, and legion vanilla 7.0 cause come on, they are all vanilla wow but just drastically different, man i dont see why people complain about missing vanilla, the game is the exact same right now! just massivly different!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, no.
    It are Garrison 2.0
    Like garrisons but without all of the crap that made them shit :P

Yes, and my 300 dollar Ford and a Ferrari are both cars.

Garrison is a dirty word in WoW because Garrisons are instanced places where you spend your time alone, get a 'free' boost to your professions, infinite resources and a follower/mission system that does nothing but sustain itself while giving you free gold and loot.
    then its not garrisons 2.0 is it? water is coke 2.0

as said by you "Garrison is a dirty word in WoW because Garrisons are instanced places where you spend your time alone, get a 'free' boost to your professions, infinite resources and a follower/mission system that does nothing but sustain itself while giving you free gold and loot."

yet how are class halls garrisons 2.0, if the ONLY THING from your explanations of what garrisons are, that these things share is follower/mission system, everything else is completly differant

as i said above, lets call water coke 2.0 cause one is a carbonated flavoured beverage filled with sugar and differant nutrients, aswell as being mass produced by human beings

but water is a beverage too so... must be coke 2.0!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    alot? you mean the follower system? and even the follower system is vastly differant, with equipment, and units who die, aswell as only having 5 followers, what concpet is the same? and what are the similarities?

one thing being the same out of 20 does not make them the same thing
    and concept it the same?
    sweet i cant wait to go to my herb garden and mine in my class hall!
    man it will suck being in my class hall all alone leading a army of units...
    cant wait to build my barn ontop of that meteor!
    sucks that we will be spending all day in our class halls...
    cant wait to send ships out into space!
    aww sweet i just made 1000000000000 gold from my class hall without having to do anything!

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I was in the friends and family alpha, so yes I did also get to play beta, still feels like a garrison to me you know.

Constructive, now is either one of you gonna tell me what is so different about class halls? Order hall resources? Or the followers, sorry I mean champions that you sent on missions that unlock stuff? It is garrisons 2.0, it is a updated version of garrisons with more ingame interraction.

Sure I can't build things and sure all my fellow class members will be in the same location, but the core is still there, followers and resources.
    aww man and isnt it so cool how the class hall gives you free resources
    millions of gold
    herbs and minerals
    gear
    and provides for itself
    well being alone
    with a AH, bank, VO, Tmog, Mail box, and everything you will ever need so you will never leave!?

god its not like class halls and garrisons only have 1 thing in common, and you call them the same thing, refusing to accept all the other changes, as said above

water and coca cola are the exact same thing, as their both liquids!
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-08-20 at 01:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    I wish I played the BC that some of these people remember, would have been preferable to the broken mess that BC actually was.
    agreed. damn rose tinted glasses strike again.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard goes a new Direction - "OMFG BLIZZARD WHY NOT DO WHAT YOU USED TO DO!!!"

If Blizzard does something similar to previous expacs - "OMFG BLIZZARD YOU ARE JUST PLAYING ON PEOPLES NOSTALGIA DO SOMETHING NEW!!!!!!"

Damned if they do, damned if they don't/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    building a base, customizing buildings and having it provide you with free reagents, if you think the command table was the ONLY part of the garrison, and was the worse part ofi t... you are some kind og stupid, the command table was fine, THE REST of the garrison was the issue, the mine, the herb garden, the AH, the trader, everything of it, the command table was fine

with your application of 2.0, lets just call bc vanilla 2.0, wrath vanilla 3.0, cata vanilla 4.0, mop vanilla 5.0, wod vanilla 6.0, and legion vanilla 7.0 cause come on, they are all vanilla wow but just drastically different, man i dont see why people complain about missing vanilla, the game is the exact same right now! just massivly different!

- - - Updated - - -

then its not garrisons 2.0 is it? water is coke 2.0

as said by you "Garrison is a dirty word in WoW because Garrisons are instanced places where you spend your time alone, get a 'free' boost to your professions, infinite resources and a follower/mission system that does nothing but sustain itself while giving you free gold and loot."

yet how are class halls garrisons 2.0, if the ONLY THING from your explanations of what garrisons are, that these things share is follower/mission system, everything else is completly differant

as i said above, lets call water coke 2.0 cause one is a carbonated flavoured beverage filled with sugar and differant nutrients, aswell as being mass produced by human beings

but water is a beverage too so... must be coke 2.0!

- - - Updated - - -

alot? you mean the follower system? and even the follower system is vastly differant, with equipment, and units who die, aswell as only having 5 followers, what concpet is the same? and what are the similarities?

one thing being the same out of 20 does not make them the same thing
    and concept it the same?
    sweet i cant wait to go to my herb garden and mine in my class hall!
    man it will suck being in my class hall all alone leading a army of units...
    cant wait to build my barn ontop of that meteor!
    sucks that we will be spending all day in our class halls...
    cant wait to send ships out into space!
    aww sweet i just made 1000000000000 gold from my class hall without having to do anything!

- - - Updated - - -

aww man and isnt it so cool how the class hall gives you free resources
    millions of gold
    herbs and minerals
    gear
    and provides for itself
    well being alone
    with a AH, bank, VO, Tmog, Mail box, and everything you will ever need so you will never leave!?

god its not like class halls and garrisons only have 1 thing in common, and you call them the same thing, refusing to accept all the other changes, as said above

water and coca cola are the exact same thing, as their both liquids!
    i like you you talk sense. we can be friends now lol
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by konteil View Post
    i like you you talk sense. we can be friends now lol
    i have a weird mind, dislexyia does that, but yeah, i dont get why people are calling class halls garrisons 2.0, because they are MUCH differant

now calling class halls "command table 2.0" sure, thats understandable, but garrisons.... come on

we might aswell start calling world of warcraft, warcraft 4,5,6,7,8,9,10, cause like come on, its the same game, just A MILLION things differant, but its still the same story so...

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i have a weird mind, dislexyia does that, but yeah, i dont get why people are calling class halls garrisons 2.0, because they are MUCH differant

now calling class halls "command table 2.0" sure, thats understandable, but garrisons.... come on

we might aswell start calling world of warcraft, warcraft 4,5,6,7,8,9,10, cause like come on, its the same game, just A MILLION things differant, but its still the same story so...
    People are calling it Garrisons 2.0 for 1 of 3 reason.

1. they are idiots.
    2. they haven't actually tried or read about Class halls and are just assuming.
    3. they are just trying to stir shit in the forums.

though those 3 things aren't mutually exclusive :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    People are calling it Garrisons 2.0 for 1 of 3 reason.

1. they are idiots.
    2. they haven't actually tried or read about Class halls and are just assuming.
    3. they are just trying to stir shit in the forums.

though those 3 things aren't mutually exclusive :P
    i know right, and some of them claim to have been on the "freinds and family alpha"

See this is the problem i have, there was no conditional like "from what i can gather" or "what it seems like" no you just said "here is what they are claiming, and here is what they are doing"

1.Garrisons 2.0- I see a lot of people telling you (truthfully) that this is far from the case, but let me give you a lil insight there were TWO times where i felt compelled back to my order hall (outside of leveling artifact) before moving on in whatever i was doing at the time...TWO from 100-110+. More often it was "meh, i can do this for now and put off going back"

2.Non-endgame content that lasts a week- what is your definition of end game content? would you say dungeons....the same dungeons you can run while leveling (just scaled up to you) are end game content (M+ system)? if those are end game content then yes leveling lasts at most a week, sorry but they arent gonna make us go from 100-160. If those ARENT end game content and what you are talking about, M+ has indefinite number of difficulties sooo, dont know how that only lasts a week.

3. LFR treadmill- Only for the people who LFR is designed for and world first raiders. the former is pretty easy to understand, those who are content with lfr, the latter is simply because of the possibility of TF over base level mythic gear which will prolly still be obsolete if they maintain the same release schedule they have since MoP

4.Classes and gear and game systems simplified-A. Classes, removing abilities or putting them in talents isnt a simplification, in fact there are some rotations that were taken from being complex in a bad way (if you have any latentcy higher than 10 you cant play top effectiveness) to being complex in a good way (needing to make decisions on the fly, with varying degrees of punishment for varying degrees of poor play). I will concede that what ive heard of ret pallys they are kinda lacking in the rotation dept and i havent given them extensive play, and i know hunters (BM and MM) are kinda simple too, but a few specs out of 36 being simple, i call that accessability to beginners rather than oversimplification.
    B.Gear-uhhhh....what? have you seen the TC trying to come up with a BiS list? its crazy, WF, TF, Socket these are all making optimal gearing the most complex its ever been "do i want to lose 11 int for 120 crit?" "is it worth losing 50 mastery for 3 agi?" . if you are talking about Necks/rings with no primary, you clearly havent considered the implications....ilvl has gone out the window for those, you have to consider stat combos/balance rather than is it higher ilvl, yes, equip it. so...again, what?
    C. systems- this is so vague im not sure what you mean, the only system that comes to mind is the loot being auto personal in a non guild run- if its too simple then fine but im happy to not be ninja looted or have that fear when i go into a random group.

i know right, and some of them claim to have been on the "freinds and family alpha"
    For you and all the other people who seem to insist that I haven't played beta because I don't share a view with you.

https://twitter.com/MiniNuckels/stat...44303715561472 Here you go, happy now? The core of the class hall is in my eyes garrison 2.0, I'm sorry this doesn't line up with your vision of the game, deal with it.
    Last edited by Nuckels; 2016-08-20 at 01:59 PM.