Poll: Thoughts on Mythic Only Dungeons

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    It just forces Players to group up, it is not really social. With the current system, you can either voluntarily form a group with your friends (or pugs), or use the LFG/LFR System. Without a choice, it isn't really social.
    except, in the lfg system, blizzard makes sure everything can be done in a quick run, thats why they nerfed the cata heroics. In legion all heroics are super ez, the mythics are fairly challenging if u dont outgear them. It ruins the sense of progression if u get better gear only to run the same dungeons on a harder difficulty, thats why its good IMO that some dungeons are only "unlocked" if u have better gear. The lfg system works well for all leveling content, but not for the endgame progression stuff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    except, in the lfg system, blizzard makes sure everything can be done in a quick run, thats why they nerfed the cata heroics. In legion all heroics are super ez, the mythics are fairly challenging if u dont outgear them. It ruins the sense of progression if u get better gear only to run the same dungeons on a harder difficulty, thats why its good IMO that some dungeons are only "unlocked" if u have better gear. The lfg system works well for all leveling content, but not for the endgame progression stuff
    You want a challenge? Do the challenging stuff then. Don't know why the option for having not challenging modes takes away the progression. It works just fine in D3, I run GRIFTS all the Time, and it is mostly the same, over and over again. And it is challenging as fuck, but at the same time, you can do an easy version.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    You're the guy who claims that TBC heroics were on weekly lockouts. You've officially forfeited your right on having opinions and voicing them publicly.
    They are on a lockout just not a weekly one. But hey giving up liek that is another way of saying i am right.

You are welcome

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    They are on a lockout just not a weekly one. But hey giving up liek that is another way of saying i am right.

You are welcome
    TBC Heroics have never been on a weekly lockout. You were just wrong in writing that, don't try to deny it.

TBC Heroics have never been on a weekly lockout. You were just wrong in writing that, don't try to deny it.
    Legion Heroics aint on weekly either.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Senistian View Post
    This will be a long post but bear with me.

I don't think Legion is designed with the current player base in mind. If you think about it, all these changes sound and feel like vanilla and tbc. Things like supporting the expansion for longer, giving more things to do in the world, making dungeons relevant for the entire expansion, the class changes ect.

I think that legion is designed by the feedback of players who quit from cata through WoD. The last known sub number was 5.5 mil? I would bet it is lower now, or got lower then that. If that is the case, it would be a smarter move by blizzard to try to regain the loss subs based on their feedback and let the current playerbase leave. They would probably end with a larger sub number then they currently have.

Its just a thought.
    na blizzard devs are divided in various factions there are those who like many forum users here are blinded by nostalgia and those who are more wotlk friendly and understand the peoples who play wow have changed, depending of who win during the brainstorm debates you see those changes.
    i predict that those mythic only and mythic+ dungeons will have a really low attendance and conversely lfr attendance will skyrocket again and next xpack they will surely make both version for all the dungs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    I love the idea of my dungeons being more of a challenge than they've currently been so I'm all for it as it means content will last longer for me.

Because let's face it regular dungeons are a joke and can be face rolled in 10 to 15 mins.
    then stick to the mythic version and don't do the easy one is that to much difficult to just ignore it?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    They are on a lockout just not a weekly one
    I'm not trying to deny it i'm simply correcting myself.

Stop being such a sissy

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Ion kinda give the answer:

Lfr and lfd are killing those guilds who duel into the bottom/middle of the ladder, peoples still gladly accept less rewards to regain their freedom to play how they want and when they want without being subject to schedules, attendance, dramas etc. That is also why many peoples are extremely salty toward lfd/lfr.

Blizzard is basically trying to reanimate those guilds, they have tested many way, removing mounts/titles from lfr, removing tiers/trinkets, incredible long release delay nothing work peoples showed them the middle finger and leave before going back into those guilds.

Now is the turn of mythic only dung then will be n/h/m raid but the answer will be always the same peoples leave because the fundamental problem is that many many guild are shitty as hell and many gm/rl/officers are terrible and peoples won't touch this crap with a 100mt long stick.
    Limiting player choice usually doesn't turn out well. We've seen the massive backlash every time Blizzard tries something like this. Restricting content to harder difficulties also doesn't generally work, as Wildstar showed us. The entire idea of dungeons that are ONLY mythic is just stupid and short-sighted. Mythic+ already covers the super hardcore crowd, and there's just no reason to not have LFR/LFD versions for people who either don't have the time/effort, or don't want to deal with the hassle.

I get that there's a lot of people out there that get their kicks by feeling superior to someone because they've done harder content. They LOVE this idea of mythic only content. But that doesn't make it good for the health of the game. By sticking this content behind the mythic difficulty, Blizzard is basically saying that casual players aren't important enough to make content for. And that's going to go over REAL well. (/sarcasm)

Mythic-only dungeons, good idea.
    Content to pry people away from LFD, good idea.

Hope they keep this up.

Mythic dungeons are not mythic raids. Don't be scared of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Limiting player choice usually doesn't turn out well. We've seen the massive backlash every time Blizzard tries something like this. Restricting content to harder difficulties also doesn't generally work, as Wildstar showed us. The entire idea of dungeons that are ONLY mythic is just stupid and short-sighted. Mythic+ already covers the super hardcore crowd, and there's just no reason to not have LFR/LFD versions for people who either don't have the time/effort, or don't want to deal with the hassle.

I get that there's a lot of people out there that get their kicks by feeling superior to someone because they've done harder content. They LOVE this idea of mythic only content. But that doesn't make it good for the health of the game. By sticking this content behind the mythic difficulty, Blizzard is basically saying that casual players aren't important enough to make content for. And that's going to go over REAL well. (/sarcasm)
    There is nothing super hardcore about mythic dungeons. Like really. They are now just like heroics where at the start of the expansion.

Could people do heroics in straight up shit gear from leveling fast? Yes. Could everyone? most likely not. Problem? nope. Just gear up a bit

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Next step - Mythic only raids - just like the good ol' times.

Please.

Getting tired of all the recent LFR exaltation.
    mythic only bosses is a thing, its not super common, but mythic only phases is fairly common (combined once pr tier or so.)

mythic only dungeons does not really affect me, but looks like the decision to increase the quality of the rewards from said dungeons, and yes that felt like a thing which makes you want to unlock those dungeons, prior to mythic only they felt pretty lackluster.

There is nothing super hardcore about mythic dungeons. Like really. They are now just like heroics where at the start of the expansion.

Could people do heroics in straight up shit gear from leveling fast? Yes. Could everyone? most likely not. Problem? nope. Just gear up a bit
    The "super hardcore" reference was in regards to Mythic+.

Also, way to completely miss the point. Having mythic difficulty dungeons does not preclude having lower difficulties of the same dungeons. It's not like they're going to run out of space or something. Mythic is not mutually exclusive with other difficulty settings. So what actual benefit to the game is there by not having lower settings? Blizzard saves a relatively small amount of dev time that would have been spent tuning them? Maybe a few guilds get created around doing mythic dungeons?

Deleted
    The "super hardcore" reference was in regards to Mythic+.

Also, way to completely miss the point. Having mythic difficulty dungeons does not preclude having lower difficulties of the same dungeons. It's not like they're going to run out of space or something. Mythic is not mutually exclusive with other difficulty settings. So what actual benefit to the game is there by not having lower settings? Blizzard saves a relatively small amount of dev time that would have been spent tuning them? Maybe a few guilds get created around doing mythic dungeons?
    You may have a different point but that does not mean i cant respond to something else you said in your post.

Mythic+ doesnt start out super hardcore either.

Think of Mythic plus as a new gamemode rather then something super hardcore from the get go.

As for making it mythic only well..

For kara it makes sense because you dont want to sign up for a random Dungeon that gets done in 20 minutes only to get a several hours long(i have no idea how long it would be on hc, but you know) dungeon.

For other potential new dungeons that fit the normal 5 man format and takes below 40 minutes... id ont see why they would ever limit that to mythic only.

Deleted
    You want a challenge? Do the challenging stuff then. Don't know why the option for having not challenging modes takes away the progression. It works just fine in D3, I run GRIFTS all the Time, and it is mostly the same, over and over again. And it is challenging as fuck, but at the same time, you can do an easy version.
    did u even read what I said? because ur reply didnt adresst I said
    Its about creating a sense of progression, not about challenge

honestly if some random casual becomes discouraged to try them because of the name "mythic" and gets frustrated, then the devs deserve that kind of backlash. the whole name system is pretty confusing for someone who doesn't raid that much, since the only mythic they know of is the minority of ppl who raid hardcore. even to me it's pretty dumb the only thing creating a difference between "this is just a heroic dungeon with harder trash" and "this is hardcore 5 man progression" is a fucking +

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kalaratic View Post
    honestly if some random casual becomes discouraged to try them because of the name "mythic" and gets frustrated, then the devs deserve that kind of backlash. the whole name system is pretty confusing for someone who doesn't raid that much, since the only mythic they know of is the minority of ppl who raid hardcore. even to me it's pretty dumb the only thing creating a difference between "this is just a heroic dungeon with harder trash" and "this is hardcore 5 man progression" is a fucking +
    I agree with the naming part. That could have been handled better

There seems to be a ton of confusion as to what a weekly lockout entails, as some people here seem to think that you can only do a particular instance once a week and that's simply not true.

When it comes to mythics, and the LFR system, you can do the dungeons as many times as you'd like in a week. Let me repeat that for you...

You. Can. Do. The. Dungeons. As. Many. Times. As. You'd. Like.

The caveat being that you only have the opportunity to receive loot from each boss once. this can be worked around with the seal system.

Examples...

I can queue for LFR archimonde 100 times in a week, but I am only going to be given the opportunity to receive loot from him once. On any subsequent run I can still use a seal, provided I have them. Note that the triangle with an exclamation point in it is the indicator that will tell you you've already killed a boss.

I can get a group for mythic Skyreach, complete the dungeon killing all the bosses, and then Immediately go and help out my guild in a new fresh mythic Skyreach. The second time around with my guild, I won't be able to get loot off the bosses, nor will they be able to trade any personal loot to me under that new system.

This lockout is more of a "gear" lockout rather than a physical lockout. This system differs entirely from "raid" lockouts which saves you to a particular version of a raid and does not allow you to kill multiple bosses of the same raid, except for on a different difficulty.

If I am saved to 4/13 HFC N and I join a fresh HFC N, my version of the instance will be different than the other members of my group, unless I am the raid leader, in which case the rest of my group will be prompted with the message when they zone in that it is in fact already a 4/13 clear. Note that they will not be saved to my version of the raid unless they actually kill a boss in my raid.

I don't see any reason why blizzard would deviate away from this current system heading into legion, as the system itself is fine.

As for making it mythic only well..

For kara it makes sense because you dont want to sign up for a random Dungeon that gets done in 20 minutes only to get a several hours long(i have no idea how long it would be on hc, but you know) dungeon.

For other potential new dungeons that fit the normal 5 man format and takes below 40 minutes... id ont see why they would ever limit that to mythic only.
    Is there something stopping Blizzard from breaking up the new Kara into wings, exactly like they do with existing raids in LFR?

Is there something stopping Blizzard from breaking up the new Kara into wings, exactly like they do with existing raids in LFR?
    1. Blizzard wanting you to experience the dungeon as a whole and not broken up into 3 wings. Maybe from a lore standpoint or just simply from an experience standpoint.

2. Mythic only allows them to tune the dungeon better, similar to how the mythic raids work now.

3. Karazhan was originally a 1 difficulty raid. Changing that to solely justify its existence within the LFD is a slap in the face to those that played it during BC

Edit:
    4. If they put them into 3 wings, you could end up having to do them out of order and ruin the experience altogether
    Last edited by Chillson; 2016-08-20 at 03:16 PM.

Deleted
    its only Kara thats Mythic only so the thread is invalid - the other two are mythic AND mythic+.
    the kara dungeon gets a special role cause from the sounds of it, its the first time they try a 5man "raid" dungeon