Hy guys i have one questions:

If i have cap of ms (80-90) and no have up Stormbringer, what is better use Lava Lash or first to use one time Stormstrikes, and after use LL

Deleted
    I'd say Stormstrike and wait for 80-90 again and cast Crash Lightning, if I reach 100+ before Stormstrike comes back up and Crash is on CD, then I'd cast Lava Lash.

nevermind I figured it out
    Last edited by Target2; 2016-08-18 at 02:29 AM.

Wordup. thanks for putting the time into your guides. they have been incredibly useful over the past few weeks/months

I thought i would try out your Weak auras setup as it looks to contain most of the things i think i would need

However. It appears to show 2 numbers in every box when using the ability making it hard to track the cooldowns. Did anyone else have this problem? Any views on which config options i need to change to remove one of them (ideally the smaller green numbers that appear at the top of each icon, as they are already hard to read

Thanks and good luck in legion

Ten

Quote Originally Posted by Ten View Post
    Wordup. thanks for putting the time into your guides. they have been incredibly useful over the past few weeks/months

I thought i would try out your Weak auras setup as it looks to contain most of the things i think i would need

However. It appears to show 2 numbers in every box when using the ability making it hard to track the cooldowns. Did anyone else have this problem? Any views on which config options i need to change to remove one of them (ideally the smaller green numbers that appear at the top of each icon, as they are already hard to read

Thanks and good luck in legion

Ten
    Do you have some other CD or timer addon like OmniCC? Weak Auras supports it's own timers in its icons but they also get the duration/expiry countdown from other addons that can show them. You can either turn off those other addons or turn off the duration timers in the weak auras themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkoxa View Post
    Hy guys i have one questions:

If i have cap of ms (80-90) and no have up Stormbringer, what is better use Lava Lash or first to use one time Stormstrikes, and after use LL
    Always Stormstrike. Only use LL when nothing else is usable that costs Maelstrom and you're way above the Stormbringer-threshold (60; 80 with Tempest).
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Personally, I just see Flametongue and Hailstorm as I do the dozens of other DOTs spells.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick
    Yeah as far as I am concerned, Flametongue is just Flame Shock for Enhancement, except you apply it to yourself instead of your enemy (better for target switching, worse for multi-dots).
    It even "pandemics" like a DoT spell would.
    That is an interesting way to look at it but I suppose they are very similar to Dots when it comes to DPS.... the big drawback being that you need to be in melee range for them to "tick".... but they scale well with haste and like you said its good for target switches. I was wondering about Pandemic, as I heard it wasn't working properly in the beta, but thats good if it applies to our wep enhancements too.

Personally I find it a bit boring to have two self-buffs to manage that on activation don't really hit for anything, it's just as unexciting as slice n' dice is for rogues. It would help a lot with how sucky that is if some of the other talent choices could become viable, so you have 1-2 active damage abilities to hit, and then make flametongue and frostbrand last e.g. 30 seconds instead

So you would still have the more active gameplay, but with buttons that feel like they matter when you press them - Hailstorm clearly mattering a lot, it just doesn't feel like that when you press the button itself.
    Yea, I'm not too big on it either. We seem to have alot of various smaller sources of damage that add up.... the weapon enhancements and all these rng procs for various elemental damage like stormlash or doom spikes. Not sure if I like that as it just means less damage coming from our active abilities.... this was a big problem with Enhance in the past which is why they tried to condense our abilities and shift more damage to active abilities.... stuff like Static Shock was removed, but now its back as the LS talent on the L60 tier. I really wish they kept LS as a base ability and put something more interesting in that talent spot cause we really don't need more rng nature damage procs!

I think it may also limit our builds as too many abilities will make it clunky and overly complicated. Perhaps that is part of the balancing tho. Longer duration on the buffs would help some as we could have more time for filler abilities, but if we go along with the comparison that they are like DoT's then the 16 sec duration on FT matches with stuff like FLS 15 sec duration.

I remember reading a suggestion to merge FT with LL, so when you use LL it applies the FT buff for your melee attacks. I thought that might be an interesting idea that would make FT feel more useful then it is now as just a MS dump..... not sure how it would mesh with the rest of our abilities tho since it may require tweaking LL and its cost, and possibly other abilities too (I would assume LL would end up being cheap or free MS cost, maybe even generate MS... and we would need another new MS dump ability but not sure).

Well done bro another well put together post and Video's +1

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    Always Stormstrike. Only use LL when nothing else is usable that costs Maelstrom and you're way above the Stormbringer-threshold (60; 80 with Tempest).
    Mmmm I did that and in Archi MM did 55k DPS with ilvl 732, is good? or should todo more DPS (my ring is in 750 ilvl)

Quote Originally Posted by Potsu View Post
    Do you have some other CD or timer addon like OmniCC? Weak Auras supports it's own timers in its icons but they also get the duration/expiry countdown from other addons that can show them. You can either turn off those other addons or turn off the duration timers in the weak auras themselves.
    No other addons running. I literally only use 3 addons: Weakauras, Skada and Bigwigs boss mods

Thought it was strange

Quote Originally Posted by Darkoxa View Post
    Mmmm I did that and in Archi MM did 55k DPS with ilvl 732, is good? or should todo more DPS (my ring is in 750 ilvl)
    I'm pulling about 40k more than you are with about 10 itemlevels more, so I guess you're doing something wrong. Cant really tell what though, since I've never seen your logs.

*tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

I'm pulling about 40k more than you are with about 10 itemlevels more, so I guess you're doing something wrong. Cant really tell what though, since I've never seen your logs.
    Really this 55k is when we kill the boss, in Pullin I m about 110-95k DPS. I dont Know if i can no down more DPS and to do 60-70, that is more normal. I see guide and streaming of Enhacemnt and dont a lot of that me with 10 ilvl more. I cant try up some logs the next week and can coment us in that wrong

Deleted
    Could be related to strategy though. If their fight is m u ch shorter you obviously blow everything up pretty fast.

And dont forget the AOE component: if the rest has weak aoe cleave you might look better. But youarent better, it is just the different setup.

Too should changue the weapons and changue enchants of haste for mastery. This is my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/es/characte...C3%B4xa/simple

if i use the wa strings, the icons are greyed out .. why? :|

+40 ilvls ring>Ascendance> all-in trinkets>way better weapons
    So we have that your build is for nuking and farming myth, thats why =D

Quote Originally Posted by nonsens021 View Post
    +40 ilvls ring>Ascendance> all-in trinkets>way better weapons
    So we have that your build is for nuking and farming myth, thats why =D
    In regards to my setup: even before I've switched to that nuking build, I was able to pull higher dps with tempest + landslide.
    Not saying that gear and setups as well as tactics arent playing a huge part in that, but look at the first ID log for example that my guild had. We basically didn't play for speedkills or nuking bosses down, it was more of a "get to know your changes"-kind of raid evening, where most people had no idea about most of their changes, and I still managed to get higher numbers than him with Landslide + Tempest chosen (considering his gear too in that case), instead of Stormlash and Ascendance.

As far as I can tell, in his case it's mostly a gear issue. But even then I'd say he's able to pull at least 10 - 15k more dps than he is currently, thats just hard to figure out though without any logs. Its easy to say its a gear issue, but most of the times there is a more underlying issue of missusing abilities etc. I'd say go with Empowered Stormlash, as it eases up the rotation and ressource management by quite a bit and he should be already seeing a huge dps increase in logs.
    Last edited by Darleth; 2016-08-20 at 12:21 PM.

*tips m'fedora*

As far as I can tell, in his case it's mostly a gear issue. But even then I'd say he's able to pull at least 10 - 15k more dps than he is currently, thats just hard to figure out though without any logs. Its easy to say its a gear issue, but most of the times there is a more underlying issue of missusing abilities etc. I'd say go with Empowered Stormlash, as it eases up the rotation and ressource management by quite a bit and he should be already seeing a huge dps increase in logs.
    There are still issue with stormlash, on damage meters it not counts as shaman damage, only logs calculating that right and last alpha of skada.

Quote Originally Posted by nonsens021 View Post
    There are still issue with stormlash, on damage meters it not counts as shaman damage, only logs calculating that right and last alpha of skada.
    Is stormlash supposed to increase the shamans DPS? I thought it benefits group members and their damage.

In regards to my setup: even before I've switched to that nuking build, I was able to pull higher dps with tempest + landslide.
    Not saying that gear and setups as well as tactics arent playing a huge part in that, but look at the first ID log for example that my guild had. We basically didn't play for speedkills or nuking bosses down, it was more of a "get to know your changes"-kind of raid evening, where most people had no idea about most of their changes, and I still managed to get higher numbers than him with Landslide + Tempest chosen (considering his gear too in that case), instead of Stormlash and Ascendance.

I think that Boulderfist/Tempest/Landslide is the way to go right now. It frees up the rotation a bit plus its pretty strong. The main switchable talents for me seem to be between AS or Hailstorm.... not sure which is better or if fairly similar, but Hailstorm is another button to press while AS is a passive that increases MS and stuff.... so when I get bored I use Hailstorm, otherwise usually on AS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning- View Post
    Is stormlash supposed to increase the shamans DPS? I thought it benefits group members and their damage.
    Yes, one of the devs commented on it and said that it was supposed to be attributed to the Shaman as part of their DPS, along with other classes who have similar abilities raid buffing abilities.

It seems that the combat meters are not showing this properly yet. That doesn't mean the ability doesn't work, just that you won't get credit for it and it may seem like your overall DPS is lower vs the other two talents.