Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    So you are complaining about having to join a guild.... in an MMORPG? For crying out loud what has the modern "gamer" become?

I'm gonna say this once to people like you: It is not Blizzard that is dumb for gating stuff behind difficulty, it is you that is dumb for playing an MMORPG when you don't have the time schedule or social abilities for it.

You don't join a karting club for 30 minutes a week and expect to drive a Formula 1 car. You don't join a saturday amateur football club and expect to play against Lionel Messi. You don't join a monthly housewives cooking club and expect to win master chef.
    You don't play an MMORPG for 30 minutes a week and expect to get ALL the freaking rewards and see everything.

There's enough games on the market that target a casual audience, heck there's even some MMO's that do that. Please stop trying to cater WoW to your playstyle and ruin it for everyone else. The game was as it's highpoint both content and player numbers wise when it was more hardcore. Ever since the uber-casuals started coming in and claiming they are the majority, it has been going downhill in content and player numbers.
    Thank you, this is exactly my sentiment about the game. If I don't have the time to go hardcore, I certainly don't expect to get the same kind of rewards as a hardcore Mythic raider, but I'm more than content with my small returning group of friends who run mythic dungeons with me.

Deleted
    ME NO WANNA PLAY MYTH DUNGEONS BOO OHH
    ME NO WANNA JOIN GUILD TO PLAY A MMO BOO OOH

Go play Overwatch so

You can PUG anything on WOW atm, from normal raid to myth dungeon or even myth raiding.

If you cant (or just to be real, you dont wanna because you are lazy) im sorry for you but you are just trash and need to change game

Deleted
    "it felt like Foundry came out too soon in relation to Highmaul for a lot of guilds and raid groups. "
    i was pugging and it was too late for me, but lets have the first raid of a exp unlock 3 months after exp release . and the second raid 1 year after !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IntellectuallyChallenged View Post
    It's not Blizzard's fault that you refuse to join a guild and I'm guessing have no friends to play with? WoW is a MMORPG, and that's the concept Blizzard builds most of their content almost completely around. While I also like playing solo because the bulk of the community is rotten toxic to the core, I still managed to find a few people that I can play the game with outside of my pretty much defunct guild. You want to play group content? You're pretty much required to make some friends. All you need are four other people for mythic dungeons. Or get used to PuGs. It's your choice. Otherwise you may have to come to the realization that WoW may not be the kind of game you're looking for.
    The issue isn't that you have to join a guild to do mythic, the issue is you have to commit in order to raid in that difficulty.

Meaning, due to how the gear system works in wow, you have to commit a set number of evening to play and to stick to it in order to play with a guild (else you ll either fall behind your guild or will get benched).You can't play 5 evening a week in mythic raid if you want then the next week 0, then the next week 3, and so on. By joining a mythic raiding guild you loose the freedom to decide how much you want to play WoW.

Generally the serious raiding guild will expect you to guarantee your schedule over several month.

Love that deleted scene.

Deleted
    The team would like to get back to a place where if you are a PuG leader, you are looking at your raid comp and saying, "We could really use a Hunter, let's look for a good hunter", rather than "Let's look for any ranged DPS, especially the flavor of the month that is 2% better and thus is the only viable one". Obviously this isn't the case literally right now, but it is what the team is thinking about and would like to move towards over the course of patches and future content.
    Are you realy taking Hunter for example when you deleted all his "teamplay" spells like aspects (fox and pack), traps in MM and BM, Buffs form pets, ... ?
    Last edited by mmoceb70d40a35; 2016-08-20 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dire87 View Post
    Wings. Like with every other big dungeon in WoW. Blackrocks, Stratholme, Scarlet cloister or whatever it's name was, I believe even Scholo. Some were completely revamped, but others still have the wings afaik.

I am an extreme opponent of locking content behind an arbitrary progression gate. Dungeon Finder and LFR are a blessing for people who just want to experience the content without having to put in a lot of time trying to actively find groups or farming gear to be good enough. Yes, I was 16 once too and had all the time in the world. That is no longer the case. LFR is already a large time commitment, finding a premade group if you are not part of any guild nor have any friends still playing the game, because of said time commitments or other reasons simply means that some people will not experience content that took a lot of time and resources to make. Why? Nobody knows, because you can STILL make a Mythic +(+++++++++) mode for ANY dungeon. There is literally no reason to make a dungeon mythic only. It just doesn't make any sense.

Some people just wanna see the stuff and experience the lore. I stopped bothering about loot long ago...
    Watching tv might be a better use of your time. You aren't entitled to the content. If you buy Dark Souls that doesn't mean you get to experience the whole game and story. You still need skill to beat it. If you're not going to play the game you don't get shit, end of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Watching tv might be a better use of your time. You aren't entitled to the content. If you buy Dark Souls that doesn't mean you get to experience the whole game and story. You still need skill to beat it. If you're not going to play the game you don't get shit, end of discussion.
    I think those kind of people are the same as those who whined that Dark Souls should have easy mode.

Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    I think those kind of people are the same as those who whined that Dark Souls should have easy mode.
    There is an easy mode. It's called Skyrim on Legendary . Also anyone crying about Mythic only then here is your solution. Run it with friends or join a guild to find people to do it with because they won't be changing the way it works because you are crying about actually having to put some legwork in. Also gear wise you have many other sources to farm such as LFR, World bosses, World quests and since the gear has a chance to upgrade to a way higher ilvl now Heroic dungeons.

The team will avoid nerfing a spec from being a little too good to the worst so that you don't feel that all of your Artifact progression was a waste.
    Did Blizzard just admit to being complete imbeciles?

Quote Originally Posted by By the sword View Post
    Classes are balanced against each other without Artifacts or Legendary items.

I have never laughed more in my life till I read this! xD
    Yeah at this point they will say anything with less than two weeks to go for launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    This is how they pushed rated BG's. YOU WILL LIKE RATED BG'S OR WE WILL MAKE SURE YOU CAN'T PROGRESS!

The rest of the quotes are from the page, not you specifically.
    Literally anyone is capable of doing basic Mythic dungeons. It will be no harder than say the original Kara raid.
    Not even remotely comparable to rated BGs which require a high degree of organization and time investment.

You can do basic Mythic 1 in 820-825 gear, Heroic dungeons and world quests. Any uber casual can easily do this.
    Just because you can't hop in in greens and roflstomp it like LFR doesn't mean it is "gated".

Because let's add MORE RNG to unlucky people... that'll do it!
    So in essence you don't want the key mechanic of an MMORPG/RPG, which is hunting loot. You just want it by default. K.

I hope they don't fuck this up, like they usually do, and take the "we can only get a hunter". I'd be happy with "we could really use a hunter" but only if they added "but if we HAD to we could also take a laser turkey or warlock".
    As usual these perceptions come more from the community than actual game facts. He was clearly talking about how the situation of TBC was not something they ever want to return to (ie we only need class X). So no clue how you jump to the fear that this might be the case again.

So long as nothing is ever again like the invasion crap we're seeing now where the melee get roflstomped.
    What in the world are you even talking about. I mean, if you're referring to charging in on BOSSES as a melee DPS and getting oneshot, because they need to be TANKED.....

This would be less of a deal if they kept pumping out content at the same rate. People would get used to it. They stopped making new content and, basically, quite working on WoD and focused primarily on Legion which is what rubbed a lot of people wrong and is also why I don't trust their promise for more content.
    We've literally already got confirmation of more content in the first 4 months of Legion than the entire first year of WoD. I mean, sure be skeptical of what comes after if you like, but facts are facts.

Bullshit. Dragon Soul catch-up dungeons worked just fine and let newer players get an entry into raiding much quicker.
    That wasn't the point of that answer. He was talking about adding new dungeons WITHOUT making the older ones utterly pointless. As was the case with ZA/ZG and End Time dungeons in Cata. With Mythic+ dungeons can be kept relevant for the entirety of the expansion, and you can add dungeons without making them the exclusive 5 man content for that Tier.

I know going Mythic definitely destroyed a lot of competition on Ghostlands. Merging 2x 10-man groups was disastrous and the majority of the competitive guilds died from it. The aftermath turned into no one wanted any harder than normal and occasionally heroic because finding people with the gear for Mythic was a nightmare and gearing people up almost always ended up badly when someone left.
    He addressed this in another answer. They had a choice, they decided affecting the 10m groups more would cause less of an issue than shifting the weight of changing to 25m groups down to 15. In essence, the assumption was that increasing your team size or merging to 20m was baseline easier to accomplish than 15 people having to suddenly form a new team or hope to get picked elsewhere.

You're also quoting an answer about the general success of the various difficulties, but only talking about Mythic raid size.

Bring the player, not the class was a reaction to the hyper regimented raid structure of Burning Crusade where buffs were party based and synergy was more important than anything else.
    That's so not true. TBC turned into "bring the destro lock/BM hunter, not the class" since both performed above everything else through either a single button rotation [destro shadow bolt spam] or single button macro use [hunters]. With how Sunwell ended up providing the Naaru zone wide INT and STA buffs you no longer needed to bring mages and spriests for damage as locks would again perform better due to their inherent shadow resistance abilities that so many bosses [especially Kil'Jaeden] would use.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Did Blizzard just admit to being complete imbeciles?
    How exactly did they admit that?

I saw the interview and it seemed perfectly fine to me.

Its to avoid a situation where someone of.... strong emotional responses such as you would isntantly go /slit their wrists if their spec got nerfed enough to no longer be 0,5% ahead of the rest of that class's specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Yeah at this point they will say anything with less than two weeks to go for launch.
    Indeed but no matter what they willl say, it wont hide the inaccuracy of the comment. Some things are pretty obvious no matter what they will say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dire87 View Post

Some people just wanna see the stuff and experience the lore. I stopped bothering about loot long ago...
    So...why complain about seeing stuff and experiencing lore?
    There is no arbitrary gating to Mythic dungeons except your own unwillingness to use group finder or literally ask anyone you know in your guild or friendlist. Everyone will have the gear required by default simply by doing HC dungeons and world quests.

This is not hardcore content, nor is it gated behind anything. If anything, you should be ecstatic that there will be more content directed exactly at your type of player - more content you can do with almost no prerequisites.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    Blizzard poorly named mythic+ if they wanted players to understand it starts at roughly heroic mode. Why not have just named it heroic+ and had only the base heroic queuable with LFD? Or they could have just disabled stones being used in LFD. Instead, they kept the "mythic" name which many associate with hard, especially when it comes to mythic raiding. It's hard to change first impressions and players already have their first impression of mythic mode with WoD. Just slapping a "+" on it won't change people's impressions.

It's no surprise people are pissed by this. Karazhan is supposed to tie heavily into Legion lore which also has many understandably upset. How is Kara being mythic only different than having Cho'gall be in mythic only Highmaul? Blizzard's finishing a story in content that many likely won't see.

Every time I see something from Legion, it seems to be one step forward and two steps back. Many wanted to see Karazhan again (I wasn't among them but whatever). Now Blizzard's putting a gate on it by saying you have to either make your own group (which many won't do for one reason or another), hope you can get into someone else's group, or just not do it. That's not right. Putting something highly desired behind something that's effectively impossible for many isn't fair. The Grove Warden was just downright insulting after people begged during the 2008 Olympics for a moose. Adding the regular moose mounts in Legion doesn't change the bitter taste left by the Grove Warden (which was originally a store mount).

Also can't say I'm happy Blizzard's effectively going back to "bring the class, not the player". So much for playing the class you want to play. If you want to do something, better hope you're on a desired class. DHs were already screwed due to how many want to play them. Once Legion's out, DHs won't be wanted at all. Then the theoretical worst DPS classes and specs will get kicked to the curb while the best spec for the worst class might only be brought for their utility. The worst healers will likely be ditched in favor of the best DPS spec they have. Same for tanks. Blizzard's making a BIG mistake. I have to wonder how fast they go back on it, but considering WoD ... we're going to be in for a few long and frustrating expansion unless Legion gets cut short like WoD did.
    That is absolutely not what he said at all. He clearly stated that "bring the player, not the class" was something they over-emphazised at a time when the model from TBC was at the opposite extreme end of the spectrum (ie we NEED class X, Y and Z but not two of X).

He very clearly stated that there is a lot of room between that extreme - which they do not want to return to ever again and they find problematic - and homogenizing all classes so class choice becomes virtually irrelevant (bring whatever, it doesn't matter). The goal here is to give each spec/class strengths that are desirable without locking setup choices into cookie cutter setups that cannot be deviated from. And they are continuing to iterate on this in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    That's not my point. as someone who used to raid, I enjoyed it, however I don't anymore, that's fine, raids are optional(LFR is the alternative) but with Mythic dungeons being optional aswell, but there being no other version of that content (which of course is what i'm worried about; content. Seeing as WoD lacked so much of it i'm looking at the big picture of stuff I'll actually have to do come legion) No one wants to do pugs either, they rarely go well so if you want a clean, successful mythic dungeon done you will now have to join guilds etc. It just seems unnecessary and I'm hoping it doesn't backfire too hard for blizzard. From what I've seen, no one wants Mythic only dungeons.
    The problem here is one of perception.

Mythic dungeons are not hardcore content, are not gated behind anything, and are doable in very very low gear levels. Mythic1 in Legion is comparable to Heroics from WoD.

You do not need a guild to do a basic Mythic dungeon - this notion is frankly laughable. It's barely harder than a Heroic in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    nope. how about if you dont like my comments. you just fuck off and ignore it.
    This guy knows what's up.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    The problem here is one of perception.

Mythic dungeons are not hardcore content, are not gated behind anything, and are doable in very very low gear levels. Mythic1 in Legion is comparable to Heroics from WoD.

You do not need a guild to do a basic Mythic dungeon - this notion is frankly laughable. It's barely harder than a Heroic in Legion.
    But I think that's the primary issue here. It doesn't matter how hard or easy Mythics actually are in Legion or that even in WoD now they're not all that much harder than Heroics; the word "Mythic" itself has a certain connotation -- because Mythic difficulty was introduced to give the top tier (or, let's say, better-than-average) players harder content -- and thusly many players have already determined that "Mythic" means "beyond my skill level" and therefore won't even try.

Blizzard is pushing players toward Mythics, and that's fine. But where do they go from here? In the expansion after Legion, Mythic++ because "Mythic+ is only a little bit harder than Mythic"? It's becoming absurd.
    Last edited by Gloriandus; 2016-08-20 at 04:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    But I think that's the primary issue here. It doesn't matter how hard or easy Mythics actually are in Legion or that even in WoD now they're not all that much harder than Heroics; the word "Mythic" itself has a certain connotation -- because Mythic difficulty was introduced to give the top tier (or, let's say, better-than-average) players harder content -- and thusly many players have already determined that "Mythic" means "beyond my skill level" and therefore won't even try.

Blizzard is pushing players toward Mythics, and that's fine. But where do they go from here? In the expansion after Legion, Mythic++ because "Mythic+ is only a little bit harder than Mythic"? It's becoming absurd.
    True, it's an unfortunate aura of exclusivity that has been tied to the term "Mythic" by now - even though Mythic dungeons in WoD were no more exclusive either.

They'd probably be better off striking Heroic or Normal difficulty, or simply finding a better term for Mythic.

However, that's mostly discussing marketing appearances. People that actually play the game quickly figure out what's what for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    mythic only? i knew it.
    so the mythic only shit continues.
    Not Blizz's fault you're too pussy to do mythic dungeons.