Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    why are people hating on cata?

it had more content than the two expacs after it combined.

it also had one of the best raid tiers of all time, admittedly one of the worst too

plus it brought competitive 10man raiding which was awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frandaero View Post
    I really love WoW. But I'm still pretty happy about Blizzard losing subscribers. They are not giving the same amount of content like they used to.
    You're such a fool. You want WoW to die basically. you think Blizzard gonna put more efford in a dying game? Grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    why are people hating on cata?

it had more content than the two expacs after it combined.

it also had one of the best raid tiers of all time, admittedly one of the worst too

plus it brought competitive 10man raiding which was awesome
    Cata stumbled out of the gates and then recovered.

I know they burned a lot of bridges with WoD. I would expect more a trickle in if it ends up reviewing well and living up to the hype.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are definitely coming back. I play on 3 different servers and I've noticed a huge jump in activity in all 3 of them. Hell even Tanaan was jumping with activity. Before I was pretty much by myself but now it's taking longer to complete the missions because there's so many people now. Just look at invasions there at least always like 50 people there participating.

I think the people who were hyped for Legion are too busy playing the actual game rather than coming on here and making a pointless thread about why they are returning or some shit. Some people use this site as like some kind of blog and it's just like man, either play the game or don't, no one cares why you're coming back/quitting.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    You're such a fool. You want WoW to die basically. you think Blizzard gonna put more efford in a dying game? Grow up.
    I want Blizzard to pay for their mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Cata stumbled out of the gates and then recovered.
    Did you even play Cata? Because it did the complete opposite.

It surged out of the gates then completely fell on its face by the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frandaero View Post
    I want Blizzard to pay for their mistakes.
    You need get over it. Whatever grudge you're holding against Blizzard is probably something stupid and minuscule and you're probably one in a handful of people that are still butt hurt over it whatever it is. It's time to grow up and move on. I agree that WoD was a mess and super disappointing but from the looks of Legion they are making up for it big time. It's looking and feeling great so far (aside from the few bugs here and there) and we're only in the pre-patch.

Wanting Blizzard to fail is just childish and stupid. You don't have to like the content but to keep some kind of pathetic grudge against Blizzard for something stupid is just a waste of time and energy. If you claim to "love" WoW so much you would be saying that you want them to improve not "pay for their mistakes".
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-08-18 at 10:12 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

My friends won't be coming back...they played some beta and absolutely HATED how destroyed the classes were. That was the #1 reason.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    Usually when pre-patch is about to hit the hype train starts and people start flooding back to WoW. We have less than a week till pre-patch and I don't see any signs of people returning in droves like usual. Makes me wonder how big Legion will actually be.

Did WoD really turn people off this much? This is first time I've ever seen pre-patch not be super hyped up.
    You must not have many friends that quit or your battle.net friends list consists of less than 10 people. :P

I just came back almost a month ago, right before 7.0... and so did TONS of my friends. I mean tons. I'm seeing so many fellow MoP or WoD quitters coming back, it's pretty intense. Hell, I ran into someone who was still wearing his old 372 first tier of Cataclysm raiding gear from when he and I both quit then...

The hype is there, you're just not noticing it. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    I think it is pretty hyped, since most people dont really look behind the smokescreens.

fx talents removed just so they could slap them on artifacts instead of per lvl etc.

but i heard the raids and story are cool, and thats what i care about, so i have hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    You need get over it. Whatever grudge you're holding against Blizzard is probably something stupid and minuscule and you're probably one in a handful of people that are still butt hurt over it whatever it is. It's time to grow up and move on. I agree that WoD was a mess and super disappointing but from the looks of Legion they are making up for it big time. It's looking and feeling great so far (aside from the few bugs here and there) and we're only in the pre-patch.

Wanting Blizzard to fail is just childish and stupid. You don't have to like the content but to keep some kind of pathetic grudge against Blizzard for something stupid is just a waste of time and energy. If you claim to "love" WoW so much you would be saying that you want them to improve not "pay for their mistakes".
    I love Legion but Blizzard and all videogame companies should pay when they make mistakes. That's the best way to improve, to have consequences for your mistakes. They have to understand that throwing shit at us gives them less money, they can't get away with low content and bad decisionmaking.

Example: In the future if I ever have a son and he is disrespectful to people I'll ground him, I'll make him suffer the consequences for the greater good but I still love him. He'll learn how to behave and he won't be a spoiled little brat.

Also, I can think whatever I want mate. Part of growing up is accepting that other people can have a different opinion about a subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Did you even play Cata? Because it did the complete opposite.

It surged out of the gates then completely fell on its face by the end.
    It didn't surge out of the gates...it had a lot of problems which caused mass people to quit at the start.

From my perspective there are hordes of people returning. Me and some friends formed a guild and we've gotten over 30 people we know to resub.

Quote Originally Posted by Denied View Post
    For me this is the first expansion where the hype for me is at 0% , it was really low for WoD aswell but now its just gone completely.

I thought this would never happen but i actually went ahead and removed my collectors edition pre-order for Legion... i just cant feel any motivation to play WoW anymore...

There is nothing i like about it anymore, i want the grindy vanilla style so im gonna try to find a MMO with that kind of gameplay, where i feel like i actually accomplished something when i get something done.

This is a sad day for me.
    It happens.

Personally, as long as raid or die and Mythics! are here to stay don't expect the game to improve.

I am re subscribed currently (2 Months) I just plan on leveling alts to 100. I had legion pre ordered 4 months ago but I requested a refund.

Majority of dissatisfied players accuses WoD (Pandaria) because there no new content for long time. Its true, but all of these players really finish content or they just want new raid every two-three months to LFR it 1-2 times, and say "Meh - content sux".

There always many things to do, if its not fun, not interesting for you? so just not play then maybe? Or you can unsub until next content, what a problem with it. Im enjoy the game in current state. Finished content in 2015 with almost casual raiding time. Continue raiding 1 day per week. Have time do to so many other things (like achievs, pvp, toys, pets, alts etc) but always only if i have fun. Nothing compulsory and i like it!

My breaks were: in Sunwell whole guild was tired from hardcore raiding, in Cata we were annoyed and displeased with 10-20ppl balance disparity and retired. In Pandaria my guild was not raiding, i leveled 90, try LFR, and say like "Wtf it was - im done". But when friend call me and say they want come back. In weeks we were raiding in ToT, and it was like old times!

Now players are not cling to guild, social interactions are weak between them. Community is some ephemeral thingfrom past, chats full of toxic random jerks. And it hurts me to see it.

I say trivial thing: the team is very important. Collective and friends, real people first of all. Do not forget to drink a beer with them or ride bike whatever, so pixels farming just part of fun. Dont forget positive attitude is always helps. You? your words and actions can do this game better.

Based on activity increases I've seen in game, I'm willing to bet a few million players have already returned.

Tbh I hope its not like WOD....2 thousand person queue's for people who quit 2 weeks later is the worst thing ever. Less people coming back = smaller queues, just fine with me. If the game is good it will add people as it goes along through its own merits.

There are people who just play the leveling experience and only return when the catchup zone starts now.