Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Varian and Garrosh would compete over getting the most demon kills. That is how good the Horde would be if Garrosh was Warchief, instead an undead high elf. Seeing that final scene where everyone shouts "For the Horde!" and when that undead bobs his head shows you the true extent to which the Horde got altered.

Blizzard has desecrated the Horde by making it a freak faction comprised of the undead, blood elves and the pandas.
    Bit of trump attitude shining through there, garrosh didn't like any other race except his own.

The one thing the broken shore proved was no matter how good a fighter you are, it's pointless standing against an unending army like the legion, because you will die in the end no matter how long you stand, even broxigar died against the legions true forces. The only possible winners in this are those who find other strategies, like khadgar are trying, like Jaina should have tried to do with her ' get all out of dodge' card

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Then remove yourself from it. Simple as that...

- - - Updated - - -

Basically us freeing Gul'dan and him capturing a few of our soldiers and Cordanna giving him help kinda screwed us over.

Seriously, he was bound to the dark portal and completely immobilized, why didn't we smash his head in while he was incapacitated and then we could have dragged the body away from the portal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psyduck123 View Post
    He would of leap in and started to fight all of them only to literately die instantly.
    It would literally be leeroy jenkins.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    "The Shattering" begs to differ. Quit pretending gameplay overrides written lore.
    *Disclaimer* It's currently 3am and I just got back from the bar, so my off-the-top-of-my-head knowledge may be a bit fuzzy at this point.

I do know that's what occurred in-game (the "standing around in the lobby of ICC" was mostly meant in jest), however I also have read The Shattering two or three times by this point, and don't recall anything that suggests that Garrosh himself took the fight directly to the Lich King and ICC. In fact, I don't recall any point in the actual lore -- aside from the aforementioned appearances in Theramore, Dalaran preceding the events in Ulduar, and the Argent Tournament -- where Garrosh actually left Warsong Hold. If you could provide me with an example/source stating otherwise to save me from rereading the book, I would be more than happy to acquiesce that particular argument.

However, I will stand my ground in stating that apart from the failed invasion of the Twilight Highlands -- which was intended to fight the Twilight's Hammer and instead turned into a crash-landing following a moment of "hey the Alliance are there let's deviate and kill them because reasons -- and the subsequent discovery of Sauranok the Mystic's treachery, Garrosh also never took part in any direct action against Deathwing. He was not present at Wyrmrest, he was not present upon The SKyfire, and he was not present at The Maelstrom during any part during the war against Deathwing.

Well considering we kicked the shit out of Garrosh when he was at full power, then we also proceeded to kick the shit out of his hand picked forces then WE got the shit kicked out of US at the Broken Shores, Garry still being around would be a rapid victory for the Legion.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Bit of trump attitude shining through there, garrosh didn't like any other race except his own.

The one thing the broken shore proved was no matter how good a fighter you are, it's pointless standing against an unending army like the legion, because you will die in the end no matter how long you stand, even broxigar died against the legions true forces. The only possible winners in this are those who find other strategies, like khadgar are trying, like Jaina should have tried to do with her ' get all out of dodge' card
    I clearly exaggerated there, it is kinda obvious and that was my point. Regardless, Garrosh would die fighting like Varian did. Sylvannas would still call in her Val'kyr for the rescue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Garrosh would've trivially stopped the legion with his True Horde without the need for any pathetic alliance to help him do it.
    That would imply Garrosh getting out of his basement and actually assault something. Because his best tactic to deal with Alliance and Horde was hiding with all his superweapons down within a basement. I can imagine him doing the same exact thing with the Legion but lasting half the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Well green jesus wont be enter in emo mode, so maybe the horde could battle for a few minutes later but it would be the same ending, with varian and the warchieft death in hands of demons

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Garrosh would die fighting like Varian did. Sylvannas would still call in her Val'kyr for the rescue.
    Varian died fighting only because he was forced to do it. Or did you miss the part where he was fleeing away like everyone else? His sacrifice took place exactly because he had to favor the Alliance's retreat. And yet, you make it sound like Sylvanas did something dramatically different by calling the Val'kyr.

If anything, unlike Varian, Garrosh was too egocentric to even conceive the idea of self-sacrifice, one he indeed never shown to have ever. At the very most, he would have died fighting and forced everyone else to die alongside him because of glory and shit.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    Seriously, he was bound to the dark portal and completely immobilized, why didn't we smash his head in while he was incapacitated and then we could have dragged the body away from the portal.
    This always bugged the hell out of me. Cho'gall and Gul'dan should have had their throats slit, then their bodies dumped off the side of the Dark Portal. In what world is my play when dealing with Gul'dan to free him, then let him teleport off? Say what you like about Garrosh, he didn't tolerate warlocks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Garrosh as Warchief with the players backing him, would be a force to reckon with.

The Alliance and Horde as they are now, are so weak. From surviving all these battles and having nothing to show for it. We brought ourselves to the Broken Isles, but with say Garrosh as Warchief, we'd probably have brought weapons of mass destruction. And blew the hell out of that island.
    yeah, a mana bomb or two at the tomb of sargeras should do the trick!

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    Strong enough to kill Rhonin's plot armor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    Indeed, indeed. Just imagine the unstoppable advance of two goblin baloons slowly flying over the tomb. All those countless aerial units of the Legion would simply bow down before the smartness of the idea and let them pass.

A cool arc for Garrosh would be that he refuse to retreat and, step set aside is hatred for the alliance, he would join the alliance forces to try to kill Guldan.
    Becoming the only main Horde char that would die in broken shore, leaving the survivals with a bitter taste. Although nobody like him he was the only one that stayed.
    So it would end him and Varian facing Guldan alone and dying thought emphasizing more Varian decision of delivering the letter to his son.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh would have just dropped a mana bomb on Gul'dan. See how that little shit likes it.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Varian died fighting only because he was forced to do it. Or did you miss the part where he was fleeing away like everyone else? His sacrifice took place exactly because he had to favor the Alliance's retreat. And yet, you make it sound like Sylvanas did something dramatically different by calling the Val'kyr.

If anything, unlike Varian, Garrosh was too egocentric to even conceive the idea of self-sacrifice, one he indeed never shown to have ever. At the very most, he would have died fighting and forced everyone else to die alongside him because of glory and shit.
    I am not denying that Varian sacrificed himself. I stated that both of them would die fighting.

Garrosh would die fighting on the Horde plateau and Sylvanas would still call for retreat, which would again prompt Varian to try to retreat and sacrifice himself. What I wanted to point out is that Garrosh would go down like a true warrior of the Horde, as that be the only difference between his and the death of Vol'jin.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-08-21 at 11:54 AM.

Again Garrosh is dead he wouldn't of done anything because he would still be dead.

Deleted
    If Garrosh was still Warchief during the Broken Shore then he would be considered a good guy, meaning the duel with Thrall never happened, meaning Thrall never lost his powers, meaning Garrosh and Thrall together would've crushed the Legion. Because you know, Thrall never loses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by djen View Post
    A cool arc for Garrosh would be that he refuse to retreat and, step set aside is hatred for the alliance, he would join the alliance forces to try to kill Guldan.
    Becoming the only main Horde char that would die in broken shore, leaving the survivals with a bitter taste. Although nobody like him he was the only one that stayed.
    So it would end him and Varian facing Guldan alone and dying thought emphasizing more Varian decision of delivering the letter to his son.
    That would be awesome and it would actually bring some complex emotions.

If Garrosh would have won there would likely be no Legion invasion as there would be no AU Draenor and no Gul'dan to open the portal.

The Alliance and Horde would have been erradicated and Azeroth would likely be under the control of the Old Gods

Deleted
    Wow the people in this thread.

If garrosh would be alive he would fucking bomb the whole island with dozens and dozens of arcane bombs until it gets swallowed by the sea.

RIP invasion force.

The only commands Vol'jin gave during the whole scenario was:
    "Gather around Thrall"
    and
    Retreat.

With great remarks like:
    "Thats not an invasion force. Thats an army".

NO SHIT DUDE, REALLY? #worst warchief ever
    Last edited by mmoceb9bfc9bf8; 2016-08-22 at 02:57 AM.

If Garrosh was alive, he would not be Warchief of the Horde.