Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Hard to disappoint when you aren't making very much
    But easy to disappoint when he's a fifth overall pick who plays like he should have been picked in the sixth round.

10+ Year Old Account
    A reality of the game. Some people never develop into they were projected to. Its worse if you are put onto a bad team. Yakupov is one example. The guy who went second in that draft is another.

It also happens on teams that have depth as well. They never really pan out or crack the line up and are stuck as great AHL players.

There have been worse busts, with better picks - at least we got something super useful out of him (JVR).

Yeah I know, just disappointing to think back to how horrific management had been at drafting before Reilly and Schenn is a reminder of that to me.

World Cup Schedule for anyone who hasn't seen it yet:
    https://www.nhl.com/news/espn-world-...le/c-281272594

The only thing about this that I was looking forward to was watching Team Canada play Team North America. That might not happen at all. So... that sucks.

Yeah I believe the only way that happens is if they both go to finals, but I'm happy to see hockey back in a month or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reg must be elated at the fact the Rangers got Vesey.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Reg must be elated at the fact the Rangers got Vesey.
    And the rest of the league breaths a collective sigh of relief. Honestly, after Schultz, I take the hype surrounding any unproven college player with a grain of salt. And to be honest, is it sad that Tyler Bozak is probably the best player to come out of college.

10+ Year Old Account
    Johnny G is a college kid as well. But teams have to be more realistic with college free agents.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think he means unsigned college guys because surely no one would think Bozak is better than Toews, Wheeler, Gaudreau, Eichel, ect

10+ Year Old Account
    Tyler Johnson fits the undrafted free agent. Shultz isn't a bad player. Just way oversold on his abilities. He got himself a ring.

Toews never did go to college. Went from CHL to NHL.

- - - Updated - - -

Errrr, I had no idea where I was going with Johnson.

Can honestly say, I hope the kid has a disastrous career and is out of the league before the end of his first contract. Loyalty my ass, him and his dad are full of shit.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tyler Johnson fits the undrafted free agent. Shultz isn't a bad player. Just way oversold on his abilities. He got himself a ring.

Toews never did go to college. Went from CHL to NHL.

- - - Updated - - -

Errrr, I had no idea where I was going with Johnson.
    Toews played 2 years at ND then went immediately into the NHL, never played CHL at all actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Toews played 2 years at ND then went immediately into the NHL, never played CHL at all actually.
    So weird for a player who is basically the greatest Captain of all time.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    So weird for a player who is basically the greatest Captain of all time.
    Well, that can be debated until we are blue in the face. Messier is still the most winningest captain in NHL history and he made the guys around him better on and off the ice. He was a premier impact hockey player and a good leader. I think the Hawks need to win a couple more Cups before I am ready to anoint Towes as the greatest captain in NHL history. Of this generation though, there is no doubt.

Messier only won 2 Cups as captain (1 with Oilers, 1 with Rangers). Not sure who won the most, but there have to be a few with at least 4 or 5, I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Can honestly say, I hope the kid has a disastrous career and is out of the league before the end of his first contract. Loyalty my ass, him and his dad are full of shit.
    If I were given the option of where to play, I'd probably pick Nashville if I'd suffered a Gary Busey-like motorcycle accident the day prior.

Monahan siiiiigned, fucking finally. Now time for Gaudreau to sign, probably by wednesday. My guess is 6.7-6.8 over 4-5. Doubt he'll get more AAV than Giordano.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Messier only won 2 Cups as captain (1 with Oilers, 1 with Rangers). Not sure who won the most, but there have to be a few with at least 4 or 5, I would imagine.
    I think Beliveau is the gold standard. Then Toews and Messier.