Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Karazhan 7.1 not a revamp

Ion just confirmed that the 7.1 kara is not a revamp on slootbag stream

EDIT:
    •The new Karazhan is definitely not just updating the old boss numbers. There will be some cool stuff that will blow people's minds, genuinely getting hyped!
    Last edited by mmocb6c41d5544; 2016-08-20 at 09:32 PM.

Well, we've already gathered that from "The original Karazhan will remain untouched"
    They've never revamped something and kept both the older instance in-game too.

We're probably gonna see parts of Karazhan we've never seen before because of this info.

Quote Originally Posted by Zakaryy View Post
    We're probably gonna see parts of Karazhan we've never seen before because of this info.
    Wouldn't expect it but I want to be optimistic.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Deleted
    Well, we've already gathered that from "The original Karazhan will remain untouched"

Yes, and also that it only has 9 bosses, and that the legion is approaching in the trailer. But there were still concerns that it was mostly gonna be the same but that is now denied

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Wouldn't expect it but I want to be optimistic.
    Im pretty sure we will. watch the stream vod for Ions exact words, it was the last question

Deleted
    The dungeon will have 9 bosses and it looks like it will be a dungeon that will be harder than the other dungeons.

There is a lower Karazhan they never used in the lore. It's basically Karazhan except it's upside down and goes far down into the earth. They could use that.

This is pretty awesome. Huge dungeon and not a revamp. I admit that I expected it would be just a revamp. Even that was ok.

Deleted
    I am 99% that the bosses will probably a mixture of the main demons, that were at the end of the broken shore experience, perhaps Jaraxxus will the end boss and a mixture of Kara bosses

If nothing else I'm sure there will be mostly new, relevant bosses to Legion. Looks like Moroes will be back, and it's possible there will be another familiar face or two, but I don't think it's going to be quite like ZA and ZG where it was effectively the same thing converted to 5 man.

Deleted
    edited with exact words from Ion on front page

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    ZG was definitely not the same thing converted to 5man. The dungeon bosses were largely different and with different mechanics than the raid.
    Well, it still had trolls. Practically the same dungeon!

Seriously, though. It was a huge change. It's hardly the same experience across a lot of it.

Except for say... UBRS, Molten Core and Draenor- yeah, sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Kara is pretty huge for a 5man group...

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    If nothing else I'm sure there will be mostly new, relevant bosses to Legion. Looks like Moroes will be back, and it's possible there will be another familiar face or two, but I don't think it's going to be quite like ZA and ZG where it was effectively the same thing converted to 5 man.
    I'm hoping for curator to make a return. I still have great memories of our late Friday night druken kharazan run. For some reason the curator and the archmage got significantly harder when everyone is drunk and wearing their town gear... Pre transmog way of looking fabulous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by Kelraxx View Post
    Except for say... UBRS, Molten Core and Draenor- yeah, sure.
    Old UBRS does not exist any longer. MC was never revamped (anniversary event was a few minor touches to allow LFR). Draenor was the expansion content and wasn't a "revamp" even still.

What was this supposed to even mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    Ion just confirmed that the 7.1 kara is not a revamp on slootbag stream

EDIT:
    •The new Karazhan is definitely not just updating the old boss numbers. There will be some cool stuff that will blow people's minds, genuinely getting hyped!
    ....Doesn't that mean it IS a revamp?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayn View Post
    I am 99% that the bosses will probably a mixture of the main demons, that were at the end of the broken shore experience, perhaps Jaraxxus will the end boss and a mixture of Kara bosses
    that would be fun jaraxxus being a boss again

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine it will use the stuff they used for a couple of the artifact quests.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted

Really hope that this can make it into the game, either via a mod or done by blizzard!

Genuinely excited for Karazhan instance, one of my all time favourite raids!

10+ Year Old Account

Maybe the crypts will make it in