Deleted
    I have few positive PvP memories of BC. They are drowned out by the absolute horror of SL/SL locks and Rdruid/war in every 2v2 game.

Oh and mana burn. Being hit 3 times by mana burn, going oom and then having your seal dispelled so you couldn't even afford to put on seal of wisdom. Then having no options but to vainly autoattack things until you died. Or Viper's Sting, either of those was a complete nightmare.

The only really good times I had in BC was playing Shockadin in 2.4.3 - now THAT was fun.

Love the Kamelot song in the first video though, my favourite band for over ten years now.

Deleted
    Classes are balanced against each other without Artifacts or Legendary items. The Artifacts and Legendary items are then balanced against each other separately.
    have a look at this sentence and tell me again that I´m too negative. While you lot work on your apologies I will enjoy a well deserved bath in salt.

Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    have a look at this sentence and tell me again that I´m too negative. While you lot work on your apologies I will enjoy a well deserved bath in salt.
    perhaps this might ease some misunderstandings:

*snip*

- - - Updated - - -

Found this gem:

In Mythic+ dungeons melee do really well thanks to their cleave and mobility compared to casters that have to stand still.
    Please refrain from posting meme or meme-like images. - Malthanis
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2016-08-22 at 08:07 PM.

When they're talking about "mobility" there they don't mean "ability to quickly and repeatedly cross to a target or location that is far out of range" like it means in PvP. They just mean we can move from bombs and fire and not delay our strongest attacks while doing so. Whereas if you get one of those affixes a Mage will have his Ice Floes charges up for maybe one out of four pulls. As for cleave, I don't think anyone is under the illusion that there is any other build for dungeons but FV+Zeal+DH, so.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

I would argue DH , though.
    It is awful, it's virtually weaker than BoWrath and delays next Divine Storm immensely due to reduced HoPo gen.
    I see no upsides to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyons View Post

The only really good times I had in BC was playing Shockadin in 2.4.3 - now THAT was fun.
    Ha I remembered that, I played shockadin for PvP a few weeks in 2.4 too XD
    Protection paladin PvP gear with spell dmg, the shield for shamans with spell dmg and spell crit and Holy/Ret talents for lowering Judgement CD and gain crit.

I remember doing Judgement of Righteousness for like 6k dmg when DPS healthpools with season 2 and 3 were 9-10k. It was OP and really weird, but for hell's sake, it was really fucking fun.

Talking about Cata ret, it was maybe better than actual ret but inquisition hurts me so bad that I actually prefer even actual ret's nonsense than Cata ret.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    I would argue DH , though.
    It is awful, it's virtually weaker than BoWrath and delays next Divine Storm immensely due to reduced HoPo gen.
    I see no upsides to it.
    I find FV+Fires+DH better if you aren't going left on the artifact talents first. After getting it lvled up go FV+Zeal+BoWrath. Just my opinion and playstyle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anardel View Post
    Ha I remembered that, I played shockadin for PvP a few weeks in 2.4 too XD
    Protection paladin PvP gear with spell dmg, the shield for shamans with spell dmg and spell crit and Holy/Ret talents for lowering Judgement CD and gain crit.

I remember doing Judgement of Righteousness for like 6k dmg when DPS healthpools with season 2 and 3 were 9-10k. It was OP and really weird, but for hell's sake, it was really fucking fun.

Talking about Cata ret, it was maybe better than actual ret but inquisition hurts me so bad that I actually prefer even actual ret's nonsense than Cata ret.
    \

I played double shockadin 2v2, just keeping each other alive until the burst macros were back up then globalling someone from 100%, was amazing fun ^^. I also enjoyed protribution when it was a thing.

As for inquisition, I disliked it, but not enough to throw out everything else for the sake of losing it, it's fairly similar to slice and dice/savage roar and a few other maintenance buffs some classes have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Found this gem:

In Mythic+ dungeons melee do really well thanks to their cleave and mobility compared to casters that have to stand still.
    totally missed that! this will save ret! we will be awesome waddling behind the group doing near unlimited dmg while doing so! we will be the most sought after spec for dungeons. I condemn all my saltiness I put you through and will serve repentance by glorifying Blizzards wisdom everyday until the launch...

Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    totally missed that! this will save ret! we will be awesome waddling behind the group doing near unlimited dmg while doing so! we will be the most sought after spec for dungeons. I condemn all my saltiness I put you through and will serve repentance by glorifying Blizzards wisdom everyday until the launch...
    Hah people will take prot dps over ret!

Deleted
    Well if turning off righteous fury was a thing and compensated for lets say 5% damage would really see a gladiator like specc rising lewl

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyons View Post

I have a new idea for Paladin mobility, abolish Hand of Hindrance, abolish Holy Pony, abolish Seal of Light. NO ability to slow, no ability to sprint. Then makes Ret completely immune to roots and slows, a spec passive, unstoppable justice.
    justice is swift... this aint a ret, but a wet fantasy :D

actual ret has blockbuster sciatica, without pony, HoH the kite would be real

Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    Well if turning off righteous fury was a thing and compensated for lets say 5% damage would really see a gladiator like specc rising lewl
    I would much rather see a Holy avenger caster type spec for paladin. I mean I don't care too much as long as we get another dps spec so we don't have to solely rely on Blizzards amazing balancing skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I would much rather see a Holy avenger caster type spec for paladin. I mean I don't care too much as long as we get another dps spec so we don't have to solely rely on Blizzards amazing balancing skills.
    Yeh, i wouldnt mind to have a shoko-din type of dps spec for Paladins, so that like every other dps class in game (other than DH/Shadow) we can have more than 1 DPS spec to go to, when one sux, and given the history, Ret almost always will be an underdog. Besides it will give a new range dps spec to game, where melee is not really wanted >.<

Deleted
    you know what later became gladi stance was once hatched in the ret forums. I fondly remember blizzards announcement to provide warriors with yet another dd spec instead of allowing paladins at least a second dps option.
    But yeah such talents could work for holy and for prot the first making ret basically a range dps caster, a bit like the diszi priest now, while the second would allow for dps prot where the later would only need some kind of aggro ->dmg conversion

Deleted
    paladin range spec, an appriopriate (sarcastic) answer to the "new" class fantasy, me lold, cuz u r joking, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Avenging Wrath View Post
    paladin range spec, an appriopriate (sarcastic) answer to the "new" class fantasy, me lold, cuz u r joking, right?
    You don't seem to offer anything other than "lol" and "r u joking" so, so far it seems like a range spec would work. If you can offer anything better id love to hear it.

I'm being serious, not sarcastic. Ranged are always wanted and having 1 dps spec is a shitty situation to be in because Blizzard is so talented with balancing, right? It'd be a good outcome as long as it's fully put together and not a shitty half done job. Again though, if you have anything to offer that's better than that I seriously would love to hear it.

Deleted
    You don't seem to offer anything other than "lol" and "r u joking" so, so far it seems like a range spec would work. If you can offer anything better id love to hear it.

I'm being serious, not sarcastic. Ranged are always wanted and having 1 dps spec is a shitty situation to be in because Blizzard is so talented with balancing, right? It'd be a good outcome as long as it's fully put together and not a shitty half done job.
    no, just no.
    (not exclusively "because bli$$ is so talented with balancing", that (quality) second dps spec is realistic, but class fantasy? ret as vanguard of light is always frontline, range weapons prohibition is common tru all interations (D&D, FFXIV).
    my suggestion is to quit the retirement-agenda of xpacs of agony and adapt to engage a new (shitty, cuz immobile, but viable) playstyle to reign surpreme?
    holypa as example is designed to be a melee healer (plate), prot is melee per role, a fourth spec or which of the former should be deleted?) itz painful 2 imagine ret as a plate mage, cuz priests, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Avenging Wrath View Post
    no, just no.
    (not exclusively "because bli$$ is so talented with balancing", that (quality) second dps spec is realistic, but class fantasy? ret as vanguard of light is always frontline, range weapons prohibition is common tru all interations (D&D, FFXIV).
    my suggestion is to quit the retirement-agenda of xpacs of agony and adapt to engage a new (shitty, cuz immobile, but viable) playstyle to reign surpreme?
    holypa as example is designed to be a melee healer (plate), prot is melee per role, a fourth spec or which of the former should be deleted?) itz painful 2 imagine ret as a plate mage, cuz priests, right?
    Yeah, I get what youre saying. Would be too much like a priest in plate. Either way, I still would love to see a fourth spec without stepping on rets toes thats dps. Ill take anything that doesnt feel like a half assed attempt at creating a new dps spec just for the hell of it.

I dont think reiterating ret is a good idea either. It needs some changes, but not a complete reiteration making it a new spec. We just need another dps spec in general.

I mean, a range dps on the front lines isnt exactly a bad idea. It could happen and it could still uphold the fantasy a vanguard of the light has. I actually like the idea of a melee caster, could be kind of cool. It could also have reworks of exorcism and such. Like having exo have a cast time that deals damage to enemies blah blah blah. Not gonna go over all of my ideas now, but I really do think it could work. Either way though, another dps spec would be sufficient.

Id like to point out that in WoD Ret was pretty much range in Plate, i could solo hunters and mages without ever touching them with my melee swings. So will it be a really faaaaar stretch to make Shocko-din a viable 2nd dps spec?