Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    However as every Englishman instinctively knows, the actual answer is The Great Escape.
    http://gb.imdb.com/title/tt0057115/?ref_=nv_sr_1
    I, as an Englishman would agree with you, if it was not shown every single Christmas without fail. No seriously, it is. It's like the Queens Speech, Absolutely guaranteed to be shown on one of the main Terrestrial channels. And it's not even a blood Christmas film!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good, bad, and the ugly
    Force 10 from Navarone
    Full metal jacket (boot camp and sniper scene only)
    dirty dozen
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    I, as an Englishman would agree with you, if it was not shown every single Christmas without fail. No seriously, it is. It's like the Queens Speech, Absolutely guaranteed to be shown on one of the main Terrestrial channels. And it's not even a blood Christmas film!
    We used to get Jason and the Argonauts without fail too, boy I miss that film at Christmas .

10+ Year Old Account
    Saving Private Ryan. Hands down. The Omaha Beach sequence . . .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Saving Private Ryan or Black Hawk Down.
    Yeah, and honorary mention to Black Hawk Down.
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    Inglorious Basterds! lol
    You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have the love of Humanity in your hearts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What exactly was the bet I made with the Klingon sex workers?

I hope someone doesn't sig this post...

Can't pick a favorite off the top of my head, but Zulu is a great film. Michael Caine's first movie, about the Battle of Rorke's Drift, which was basically Great Britain's Alamo, except they actually win.

Inglorious Bastards would probably be my pick. Incredibly entertaining and fairly sharp in commentary despite being comical fiction.

I really have a fondness for Paths of Glory and The Thin Red Line though. The former being incredibly transfixing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Saving Private Ryan. Hands down. The Omaha Beach sequence . . .
    ooh, I haven't watch it since getting new sound system and screen. Time to annoy the neighbours!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So what's your favorite war movie? Mine is We Were Soldiers. The amount of detail and accuracy that they put into that movie was amazing. They actually used the names of people who died in vietnam for some of the characters. You can find the names of most of them on the wall in Washington DC.
    The one that comes to mind is Red Cliff.

Oh boy war movies is amongst my favorite genre and i cant list them all but i can list some.

Braveheart
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Gladiator
    Apocalypse now
    Platoon
    Black Hawk Down
    Fury
    Alexander
    Saving Private Ryan
    The last Samurai
    Spartacus (serie)
    Rome (Serie)

Quote Originally Posted by DocHibb View Post
    Inglorious Basterds! lol
    I'd argue Inglorious isn't really a war film.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd have to echo Saving Private Ryan and throw in Thin Red Line and Taegukgi. Koreans make a lot of good war movies to be honest.

R-Point is another great film but it's more of a spooky ghost story than a war movie. Still check that shit out if you can find it.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2016-08-20 at 07:50 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

If mini series count, Band of Brothers.

Otherwise, Saving Private Ryan.

I love war movies and it is hard picking one. For pure "historical" I would have to say: Saving Private Ryan. Probably best depicted combat, even thought the story was fictional. For my so called accurate war films my list:

Saving Private Ryan: The opening beach scene is epic. Spielberg probably remained the most accurate of any WWII film.

Platoon: Showes a more convoluted side to war and especially Vietnam. I also remember buying this on ebay for like $60 plus because it was discontinued. I had to have it

Glory: Great telling of the 54th Massachusetts, an all black regiment during the Civil War. Matthew Broderick is solid in his role and Denzel and Morgan Freeman are very good. Great soundtrack and final battle scene.

Then Longest Day: Star studded cast that unlike most movies at that time that had some type of love interest or whatever. This film just stuck to making a movie about D-Day. Loved they used German speaking actors for of course the German roles. We Americans really like to cast British actors many times for these roles.

Patton: Just a great performance by George C. Scott. Accuracy is out the window but a super patriotic film. It is surely an a "America, Fuck yeah" film

Das Boot: Wow what a great movie about lives of German submariners. It was excellent in making you feel what it must have been to be in a WWII sub.

Black Hawk Down: Entertaining. Tried to show a good account of what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    just the bootcamp part, after that it was kind of meh to me
    You talk the talk... but do you walk the walk?

- - - Updated - - -

Glory, 300, and Black Hawk Down for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================