Thread: Black Desert

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Winning is subjective to each individual's personal goals. The moment you stop assuming everyone plays for the same reasons as you, the easier it'll be.
    Just try and grind / farm BDO in areas owned by the cash shop warriors....you say winning is subject to personal goals ? How about not being able to play large chucks of the map unless you chuck large chunks of cash at the shop ? Without doubt the game is B2P P2P P2W

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    That's not a scam. You'll get your item. Buying a boost doesn't guarantee it. Hell you can't even guarantee the warglaives would drop.
    When you are required to pay tripled price to only get one item - that's a SCAM. It's like paying for two items and not getting them.

Stop trying, this isn't a fight you can win.
    There's not even a fight, like there's no try.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Just try and grind / farm BDO in areas owned by the cash shop warriors....you say winning is subject to personal goals ? How about not being able to play large chucks of the map unless you chuck large chunks of cash at the shop ? Without doubt the game is B2P P2P P2W
    There are no shop items that grant special access to specific areas in the game and lock you out unless you purchase these. Let us not start making stuff up.

And if the issue is being forced out from an area, then being pushed out of a grinding area, due to stronger parties, is nothing new in this game.
    - Change channels;
    - Team up with equality as strong players (because people who actually sell items won't be getting items that aren't earn-able in-game, so get grinding and growing strong!) and fight for the spots;
    - Or, in case these two options are not desirable, change to a weaker grinding spot.

If the above isn't working for you, if you are still getting beat by that dude who wasted around 1200 dollars, over the course of several weeks (plus several more weeks to try to snipe it out of the market) to get his TRI: Kzarka weapon, then your issue lies somewhere else other than on the P2W issue.

There's not even a fight
    You got that right. BDO's $ to silver guarantees you can get items.

In WoW if you buy a boost the raid is by no means forced to give you the items you pay for.

If you can't see the difference that's on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    You got that right. BDO's $ to silver guarantees you can get items.
    It doesn't. It guarantees only silver. If you cannot understand that then that's on you.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Sad to see what this thread has turned into. : /

Quote Originally Posted by Æony View Post
    Sad to see what this thread has turned into. : /
    That'll happen when people humor certain people full well knowing they shouldn't.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    That'll happen when people humor certain people full well knowing they shouldn't.
    Yeah sadly feeding trolls also seemed to help to derail kinda.

10+ Year Old Account
    If BDO wasn't p2w for you before and it is now because of the update then you have some screws loose.

Deleted
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfDD_MMFHnA

This guy sums up everything insanely well for anyone interested

10+ Year Old Account
    People should just accept the reality of Eastern MMOs...

I own this game, played my $40 worth and moved on. Its a B2P game, that means you get what you want out of the core game then decide if whatever scheme they come up with down the line to keep their servers running is worth it to you.

I see people ask for refunds or bash games they spend 20/40/60/100+ hours in. Whatever makes you sleep but don't think its far/honest for one to ask for a refund after putting in more than an averages games worth of playing time.

With that said, the direction that BDO has gone is sad, but on the other hand, the core game that attracted people in the first place is still there. On top of that, they did add quite a bit to the world for free.

With that said, the new additions do promote P2W, P2W is always bad in my book but not so bad in an action game like BDO (though I'm not too famility with PVP in BDO).

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post

"It's mandatory to have loot pets, but they are only available for cash"
    "If you wanna grind competitively you must have them, but it's not p2w because even if you buy them everyone is on the same level, you are not better."
    "And now pets can be bought with silver."
    "It's p2w now"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    "It's mandatory to have loot pets, but they are only available for cash"
    "If you wanna grind competitively you must have them, but it's not p2w because even if you buy them everyone is on the same level, you are not better."
    "And now pets can be bought with silver."
    "It's p2w now"
    Yes yes filter out exactly what you want. He was talking about armor being p2w. In any case the fact that perhaps the guy with the biggest BDO youtube coverage and his entire guild is quiting and switching over to fucking WoW over these changes does not bother you is all fine and dandy with me but it's people like you that have killed other games in the past and will kill this game too with your blatant ignorance.

Deleted

That football comparison.. lol..

If player A plays the game and is high level + well geared
    Player B can just flip his credit card and become better

Ok, first of all, there is no way to buy EXP. If player A is level 60, player B who doesn't do anything else except log in weekly to claim his 150€ 100m won't gain levels no matter how many times he does it. Player A would still destroy B because of this reason.

Now, this is one of the items I got (never sold a single cash shop item) IF this "player B" wants to pay 3000€ over the next 20 weeks I honestly couldn't care less. I'll just get 2 more similar items in that time.

My character would be worth approximately 9000€ and that would take over a year of "p2w" every week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes yes filter out exactly what you want.
    That's exactly what his video was about - a contradictory piece of whining. I won't even touch the football analogy with a ten feet pole.
    He was talking about armor being p2w. In any case the fact that perhaps the guy with the biggest BDO youtube coverage and his entire guild is quiting and switching over to fucking WoW over these changes does not bother you is all fine and dandy with me
    How can it bother anyone at all? A jobless prick and his friends can't take it anymore - who cares?
    but it's people like you that have killed other games in the past and will kill this game too with your blatant ignorance.
    People like me, lol. Assuming much? Blatant ignorance, ha, coming from someone who doesnt' know what p2w is and doesn't understand simple "money = time" concept. Not to mention the goode olde "ain't no free"

Quote Originally Posted by N1ppe View Post
    That football comparison.. lol..

If player A plays the game and is high level + well geared
    Player B can just flip his credit card and become better

Ok, first of all, there is no way to buy EXP. If player A is level 60, player B who doesn't do anything else except log in weekly to claim his 150€ 100m won't gain levels no matter how many times he does it. Player A would still destroy B because of this reason.

Now, this is one of the items I got (never sold a single cash shop item) IF this "player B" wants to pay 3000€ over the next 20 weeks I honestly couldn't care less. I'll just get 2 more similar items in that time.

My character would be worth approximately 9000€ and that would take over a year of "p2w" every week.
    ^This! Thanks a lot.

however my issue isn't really that since i played korea and i know exactley where this game is going.
    My personal issue is how this game was bait and switch from day0
    not that i wasn't prepared tbh but you know hope allways dies at last.

Deleted
    That's exactly what his video was about - a contradictory piece of whining. I won't even touch the football analogy with a ten feet pole.

How can it bother anyone at all? A jobless prick and his friends can't take it anymore - who cares?

People like me, lol. Assuming much? Blatant ignorance, ha, coming from someone who doesnt' know what p2w is and doesn't understand simple "money = time" concept. Not to mention the goode olde "ain't no free"
    Wildstar community release day mentality at its finest. They were saying the same thing. Look at where that game is now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wildstar community release day mentality at its finest. They were saying the same thing. Look at where that game is now.
    What does Wildstar has to do with anything here? Especially its release day. Are you saying BDO is of the same quality Wildstar was on release? Or what? Wildstar on release was SUBSCRIPTION game. What the fuck are you even on about?

Deleted
    What does Wildstar has to do with anything here? Especially its release day. Are you saying BDO is of the same quality Wildstar was on release? Or what? Wildstar on release was SUBSCRIPTION game. What the fuck are you even on about?
    You seriously have a very hard time understanding context. I did not mention wildstar to compare the gameplay aspects or the payment models of the 2 games or any similarities in between them. I mentioned Wildstar's COMMUNITY and the way they handled negative feedback back when the game was fresh which ultimately led to the games death due to a mass player exodus and apologists patting Wildstar's back all the way to the ghost town of a game it is today.
    People were saying the same stuff as now.
    "If you don't like it leave it" "lel a guild leader and his buddies decided to quit who tf cares guys?" "casuals stay out this is big kids territory"

And boy did the people do exactly as they were told.
    Last edited by mmoc29acf4d9f4; 2016-08-23 at 06:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You seriously have a very hard time understanding context.
    Oh the irony. People left Wildstar because it had gameplay issues. GAMEPLAY issues. Gameplay ISSUES. GAMEPLAY ISSUES. And was a SUBSCRIPTION GAME.

BDO has no gameplay issues, no subscription. LEAVE. Nothing will change. Devs won't be getting any less money. Do you get that?