Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Step 1: Gain some self control
    Step 2: Move on with your life
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Profit

Well I've unsubbed, uninstalled the game and deleted my addon settings so it will be a pain in the ass for me to come back. Refunded legion too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sismofytten View Post
    all i gathered from this thread was "waah waaah waaah i don't have enough self control to stop playing a computer game i don't enjoy, waah waah i go to the gym, waah wahh, it's gonna be so hard, help me guys, waaaah!

btw i go to the gym! i work out! acknowledge me!"
    Sounds like you're projecting honestly
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The DNC is a private organization, and they're free to "collaborate" to elect whoever they like to the leadership of their party. There's literally nothing illegal or shady about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post
    I'm asking you guys to help me with quitting wow for good. I've done it all. I've levelled every class. I've been a casual player, a hardcore raider, a mediocre pvper, a gold maker, etc.

I've had realm firsts, top 5 parses on some fights, bis gear . I've been playing for 8 years now and just don't want to play anymore. Tonight I saw some one post a picture of their 5500 hours on Dota and instantly thought "what a loser"and then I realized I have around 9000 hours on the wow.

I've tried quitting half a dozen times. In cata I quit for 4 months. I quit for almost the entirety of mop but I came back at the end to sell cm with some Australian friends. I was quit from August 2015 to December basically. A few other breaks here and there.

It's negatively impacted my life for sure. Countless hours wasted on a digital treadmill that I wish I could get back. No longer go to the gym as much as I used to.

I know it's as easy as just giving away all of my gold and deleting my toons but it's so hard. The game has been such a major part of my life whether I like it or not and it feels like I'm deleting a part of my self.
    You do know you're just going to fill the void left behind by WoW with something equally if not more meaningless, right?

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    You have a lot to go, 9000+ hours isn't very much.

The WoW gods are not yet satisfied with your unfitting sacrifice of your time, effort, and ability...
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    You think you do, but you don't.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Well I've unsubbed, uninstalled the game and deleted my addon settings so it will be a pain in the ass for me to come back. Refunded legion too.
    Insufficient... You know that you can simply resume playing tomorrow if you felt like you wanted to... Installing the game, setting up addons, repurchasing the game. you can do all of that in a Sunday afternoon without a second thought.

If you want to never return, destroy your characters: Every item - no matter the value, strip them of all gear and items, give away all your gold, then delete each and every character then flush your authenticator down the toilet and scramble your password or have someone else make it for you so you are permanently locked out of your account.

If you remove the temptation then there can be no desire.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    You got the crap talk down alright, now how about stopping being addicted to a video game, champ. Time to grow up.
    Which is a bit rich coming from you.

10+ Year Old Account
    dont do it man youll regreat it later just try to do other stuff and youll balance things nicely

9000 hours is like 375 days. I think ive afk more than that since 2004.

Just remember how good this game used to be, and compare those memories with the current state of the game.
    Polish doesn't make a broken nail automatically fix itself. It just makes it less ugly and hides the inherent flaws within.

I too enjoy the train track MMO that the game has turned into.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Give me your computer, and your bnet password. If you are serious I'll expect a pm and it overnight shipped.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Deleted
    Dear Invrlose,

since most people here enjoy being a smart ass so much they can't give you a serious reply maybe i can help

I know how you feel, i've done the things you have and spend so much time in wow i'm afraid to type /played. Games are addicting and cutting lose is a bitch especially in a game like WoW where you invest so much time into it. Don't think of your time as wasted. I'm sure you had fun playing, and that is the only thing that matters with games, not your achievement points and not your realm firsts or your gear, its the fun while playing. If you have lost your fun with WoW then it's really time to quit.

You can do 2 things.
    1. Go cold turkey and find something else to occupy your time with. Spend time with your girl/boyfriend. Learn another language. Take up woodworking or archery or any of a million things people do for fun and/or relaxation. Maybe go try out any of the other hundreds of MMO's out there and discover a brand new universe full of wonder. just make sure you do something you enjoy as it will make quitting much easier. i can recommend doing any of this with a friend, it makes it more fun, and creates a bit of an obligation to not just give up after your first day. If you do this, then like alot of people have said before me, you need to stick to your guns. Don't log in anymore. If someone asks or begs you to come back, say no, don't let anyone drag you back down. stiffen your spine and suck it up. You want to quit. you're doing it for yourself.

2. Think of why you started playing WoW, what made you enjoy it so much it got you addicted to it. I did this, turns out i play now because i don't want to lose the friends i made in WoW. whatever your reason is, it might be good to take a step back, stop thinking what people expect of you and do that and ONLY that which you enjoy, it's not always bad to be selfish. I used to log in every single day to advance my gear, get higher arena rating, raid. It sucked the fun out of everything as i felt i had to do these things. now i only log in if i see my friends are playing. it made me cut back on my playing time by about 80% and i actually enjoy the game again. If you take this option i highly advice you to not Raid hardcore ever again, this is the one thing that forces you to keep your gear up to date, to sit at your PC at set times for X hours. you need to be able to log in when you feel like playing and log back out when you're not having fun anymore.

Please keep in mind that hours gaming are not wasted, they are for enjoyment, relaxation and sometimes satisfaction. recharging your battery's in that way is in no more a waste of time then going to a gym(a gym gives you no lasting results, same as a game) ,reading a novel or watching a series. it's just another form of relaxation, all gamers know this. It's why we play. just because most people can't understand this doesn't make it a waste.

Before you quit, make sure you really want to, if you only want to quit because you think playing for 9000 hours is something to be ashamed off then all you're doing is lying to yourself. Enjoying your time is nothing to be ashamed off. Others may spend those 9000 hours going to a gym, playing a sport, watching tv, reading magazines and many other things. these things are in no way the superior way to spend your time with, they're just different and you better believe they do these things because they enjoy them.

I know it's a bit of a rant, but there you go.

I hope this helped and best of luck

Just try to get other things to do in your live than only wow. And if u well have other stuff to do, wow automatically fades, and at some points u will totally be not playing for several month, but sometimes u will get in mood / dont have anything to do and will log back in and do stuff in wow.

Modern WoW is not really time investment needed, i had over a year played in classic, and only 500 days played since than. i had approximatly 2 years of no subscription since wow release in europe, and dont log in daily (well with the 7.0 patch, i do right now, and i will for awhile until the dust from legion start settles down).
    I cleared every mythic content minus 2 raids i was unsubscribed for job reasons, and have nearly all achievments (minus pet battles), but there are phases were i play (am online, but from my played time like half at least is afk idling and doing stuff irl up to 15 hours a day, and there are phases were i dont.

Just try to get your life fixed, and dont blame it too much on wow. Wow is fun and good entertainment, but dont let it become your "main" job in life.

Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imenion View Post
    Dear Invrlose,

since most people here enjoy being a smart ass so much they can't give you a serious reply maybe i can help

I know how you feel, i've done the things you have and spend so much time in wow i'm afraid to type /played. Games are addicting and cutting lose is a bitch especially in a game like WoW where you invest so much time into it. Don't think of your time as wasted. I'm sure you had fun playing, and that is the only thing that matters with games, not your achievement points and not your realm firsts or your gear, its the fun while playing. If you have lost your fun with WoW then it's really time to quit.

You can do 2 things.
    1. Go cold turkey and find something else to occupy your time with. Spend time with your girl/boyfriend. Learn another language. Take up woodworking or archery or any of a million things people do for fun and/or relaxation. Maybe go try out any of the other hundreds of MMO's out there and discover a brand new universe full of wonder. just make sure you do something you enjoy as it will make quitting much easier. i can recommend doing any of this with a friend, it makes it more fun, and creates a bit of an obligation to not just give up after your first day. If you do this, then like alot of people have said before me, you need to stick to your guns. Don't log in anymore. If someone asks or begs you to come back, say no, don't let anyone drag you back down. stiffen your spine and suck it up. You want to quit. you're doing it for yourself.

2. Think of why you started playing WoW, what made you enjoy it so much it got you addicted to it. I did this, turns out i play now because i don't want to lose the friends i made in WoW. whatever your reason is, it might be good to take a step back, stop thinking what people expect of you and do that and ONLY that which you enjoy, it's not always bad to be selfish. I used to log in every single day to advance my gear, get higher arena rating, raid. It sucked the fun out of everything as i felt i had to do these things. now i only log in if i see my friends are playing. it made me cut back on my playing time by about 80% and i actually enjoy the game again. If you take this option i highly advice you to not Raid hardcore ever again, this is the one thing that forces you to keep your gear up to date, to sit at your PC at set times for X hours. you need to be able to log in when you feel like playing and log back out when you're not having fun anymore.

Please keep in mind that hours gaming are not wasted, they are for enjoyment, relaxation and sometimes satisfaction. recharging your battery's in that way is in no more a waste of time then going to a gym(a gym gives you no lasting results, same as a game) ,reading a novel or watching a series. it's just another form of relaxation, all gamers know this. It's why we play. just because most people can't understand this doesn't make it a waste.

Before you quit, make sure you really want to, if you only want to quit because you think playing for 9000 hours is something to be ashamed off then all you're doing is lying to yourself. Enjoying your time is nothing to be ashamed off. Others may spend those 9000 hours going to a gym, playing a sport, watching tv, reading magazines and many other things. these things are in no way the superior way to spend your time with, they're just different and you better believe they do these things because they enjoy them.

I know it's a bit of a rant, but there you go.

I hope this helped and best of luck

I give you an A for effort but the OP doesn't care.
    This was a simple "I want to ePeen post"
    He is a Tool... a narcissistic tool, but a tool none the less.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

The best time to quit is during a content drought. So it's not an ideal time right now, but it would probably be must easier to quit now than after Legion hits.

Deleted
    If you feel you are addicted to the game you should go and seek some proffesional help. If not you should just make the decision to quit and stick with it, it is not as hard as you think it to be.

I'm asking you guys to help me with quitting wow for good. I've done it all. I've levelled every class. I've been a casual player, a hardcore raider, a mediocre pvper, a gold maker, etc.

I've had realm firsts, top 5 parses on some fights, bis gear . I've been playing for 8 years now and just don't want to play anymore. Tonight I saw some one post a picture of their 5500 hours on Dota and instantly thought "what a loser"and then I realized I have around 9000 hours on the wow.

I've tried quitting half a dozen times. In cata I quit for 4 months. I quit for almost the entirety of mop but I came back at the end to sell cm with some Australian friends. I was quit from August 2015 to December basically. A few other breaks here and there.

It's negatively impacted my life for sure. Countless hours wasted on a digital treadmill that I wish I could get back. No longer go to the gym as much as I used to.

I know it's as easy as just giving away all of my gold and deleting my toons but it's so hard. The game has been such a major part of my life whether I like it or not and it feels like I'm deleting a part of my self.
    You could always take up heroin.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Deleted
    OK. I'm going to take the thread at face value and assume that it's not trolling or anything like that.

Here's how I "quit" (still playing, but very casual). There are 3 steps (will detail below)

1. Look at it and realise that most players are complete and utter tools. I'm not just talking about their "skills", I'm talking about their .. social skills too. Look at their lives.
    2. Look at all the "rare" stuff you got (if you got any) over the years and realise that it's worthless. I'm talking "imba" loot, "rare" mounts, "hard" achievements, all of that.
    3. Improve your REAL life.

Now, for details (will help other people troll me later, I guess).

I was in a similar situation. Actually, much worse - I was playing close to 14 hours per day (I was playing at work too, not just at home). Hardcore raiding - when raiding was "hard" (harder than now, anyway). Hardcore PVP (we're talking High Warlord here).

I got "lucky". I got a much better job AND a serious relationship at the same time AND I just suddenly realised what a waste of time WoW is. I had the high warlord title - worthless. Suddenly, that was meaningless - "arena it's where it's at". Comps, mirror matches, ratings etc. All the time poured into that High Warlord thing in Vanilla - for nothing.

All my "hardcore" raids. Tier1,2,2.5,3 - I'm amazed vendor bought those items, can't imagine why, a level 65 mob would have better gear.

All my "hardcore" "guildies" (top 20 world). Every raid, one of them (or several) would die in a fire. "Oh, sorry" - there you go, 10 more minutes wasted, wipe recovery. But these people didn't just lack "wow skills", they were shit at social skills as well. I suspect the peak of their social skills was not shitting themselves in public. Hopefully. Most of them had SERIOUS problems as well. My GM had a brain tumor, constant horrible headaches (basically not allowing him to get a job or any basic stuff, really) and a 50% to become a vegetable if he tried to get an operation. One of the officers was somehow "allergic to sun". I shit you not, I don't know what was going on, but basically she wasn't allowed to leave the house during daytime. As such, she had no friends or anyone to go out with in the evenings either. 90% of them were SICK, SICK people.

So one day I just took a long, hard look at them, at WoW and at myself. I realised I didn't want to be like them at all. I didn't like them. I didn't like the "treadmill" you're talking about - finally complete that set of gear, endless raids, dkp, loot council, whatever - only for it to become vendor trash 3 months later. I wasn't sick. There was nothing keeping me from getting a better job. A serious gf (and like I said, I somehow got lucky and got both at the same time). There was nothing forcing me to stay inside. There was no reward for showing up on time, getting stuff done, not dying in fires etc. And I realised IT WAS ALL POINTLESS.

Nowadays I play wow "casually". What I used to call a "scrub". I ended up using bots - I was selling stuff for gold and I don't know even know why, I really didn't and don't need the gold. There are no hardcore repairs with hardcore repairs to pay (not for me, anyway). I get a battleground done, a CM gold run etc. None of those things require gold - hell, I get more gold from doing a random heroic than I need for repairs. I even got banned and the best part was I realised I couldn't care less about the ban - 6 months. People were lying about getting banned for something they "had not done" (there was a banwave) My reaction? "LOL, perfect, more time this summer". I didn't even try to get unbanned (some people tried it, some were successful in claiming they had been hacked etc; I didn't even think about doing that)

If I needed something - something that implied spending a lot of time in game - I'd just bot. Even though I know I'd get permabanned. Or an 18 months ban, I don't even care which. Even though I know what "could" happen, I just don't give a damn. The only reason for which I'm not actually botting now is that...I don't need anything. I do a couple of arenas here and there (already done with CM gold a long time ago, no point in doing it now). Maybe a random heroic. Maybe help a friend level (although invasions took care of that part). Maybe a casual raid at times - not LFR though, I'd need drugs to survive that.

That's it. I wouldn't bother with a serious raiding guild if they begged me. I wouldn't waste time "selling CM gold" - I'm better off spending that time learning more about my job and getting a more stable and higher income that way.

Once you realise it's all pointless, once you understand everything you get is just as worthless, you'll "let go" too, like many of us have done. Trouble is, you first need to make real life more attractive, somehow. If your real life consists of a shitty job (or no job), low income, shitty friends/losers, no gf or a lousy one, then you won't quit WoW - it will still be more attractive than real life. But if you "fix" your real life, WoW will just...go away, seemingly by itself.

Most people find it hard to quit because real life is not attractive. For many, the alternative to WoW is watching downloaded series or whatever. Of course WoW ends up looking like the better choice in that situation. Once you fix your real life, like I said, WoW will just go away without you having to do anything about it. So work on that.

It's tough man. I unfortunately didn't come to the thread to offer any great advice, all I can offer is 'good luck'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by randomforum View Post
    Trouble is, you first need to make real life more attractive, somehow. If your real life consists of a shitty job (or no job), low income, shitty friends/losers, no gf or a lousy one, then you won't quit WoW - it will still be more attractive than real life. But if you "fix" your real life, WoW will just...go away, seemingly by itself.

Most people find it hard to quit because real life is not attractive. For many, the alternative to WoW is watching downloaded series or whatever. Of course WoW ends up looking like the better choice in that situation. Once you fix your real life, like I said, WoW will just go away without you having to do anything about it. So work on that.
    This is really the best summary of why it's so hard to quit WoW for so many people. (myself included)

Truth is, all of the times I stopped playing WoW for long periods of time... it was never because "I quit". I just stopped playing because things happening in my life were more interesting. WoW isn't the problem sometimes, it's just the band-aid fix to the bigger problems with your life. It's just a psychological escape from a crappy life and power fantasy when you feel powerless.

The thing is, there's a point when it becomes a downward spiral. You initially go back to WoW to escape. Which normally is fine temporarily, but since you're essentially running away from the problems, they don't get fixed. And life gets worse. And WoW becomes much more attractive. So you stay there.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Gotta break the cycle. Cold turkey quit. Go for a jog/do something different. Find some new friends. Occupy your mind/stay busy.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2016-08-20 at 08:57 PM.