How is BRM fairing vs other tanks? My raid leader doesn't want one because he thinks they seem to be the worst tanks in Legion right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaflip253 View Post
    How is BRM fairing vs other tanks? My raid leader doesn't want one because he thinks they seem to be the worst tanks in Legion right now.
    Worst at what? It's going to be heavily situational based for which tanks are "the worst".

Brewmaster certainly wouldn't be the worst at most situations, middle of the pack in most tbh. Brewmasters make great meat shields with less valuable utility in a lot of situations. Don't have the overall tankiness of a Guardian druid, and don't have some of the better utility in the game like protpal and vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by arcuro View Post
    afaik it doesnt procc at dummies. on everything else it procc as it should, and now it also crits correctly
    It does proc on dummes. I was practicing the other day to test out the SD crit rates.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaflip253 View Post
    The current state of tanks is War>>>>>>>>Druid=Monk=DK=Paladin>>>>>>>>>DH. The four in the middle aren't actually equal but they're close enough that it's not going to affect your progression picking any one of them and the overall best is going to come down to legendary drops.

Warrior is grossly overpowered, comparable to BrM in Blackrock Foundry and if you're actually going to reroll a tank for progression it's the only choice. Cutting edge guilds will almost all use dual Warrior, it's that far ahead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post
    The current state of tanks is War>>>>>>>>Druid=Monk=DK=Paladin>>>>>>>>>DH. The four in the middle aren't actually equal but they're close enough that it's not going to affect your progression picking any one of them and the overall best is going to come down to legendary drops.

Warrior is grossly overpowered, comparable to BrM in Blackrock Foundry and if you're actually going to reroll a tank for progression it's the only choice. Cutting edge guilds will almost all use dual Warrior, it's that far ahead.
    Is your assessment based on live or beta/110? And if its both then I still fail to understand why they haven't nerfed/tuned Ignore Pain to appropriate numbers. Its fundamentally Guard and can be talented to have similar effects to resolve, wtf? Weren't they trying to move further away from this shitty mechanic? I barely bother with shield block because of Ignore Pain superiority.

Furthermore it scales with AP so it just gets better as you progress. The least they could do for BRM is to add some kind of baseline effect for our purify.
    Last edited by mmoc7d379d05b4; 2016-08-20 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fallenheaven View Post
    Is your assessment based on live or beta/110? And if its both then I still fail to understand why they haven't nerfed/tuned Ignore Pain to appropriate numbers. Its fundamentally Guard and can be talented to have similar effects to resolve, wtf? Weren't they trying to move further away from this shitty mechanic? I barely bother with shield block because of Ignore Pain superiority.

Furthermore it scales with AP so it just gets better as you progress. The least they could do for BRM is to add some kind of baseline effect for our purify.
    Also remember that Ignore Pain stacks with itself so if you're taking little/no damage you can just keep pushing the button and then have a 10+ million HP shield available for when you taunt the boss again.

Oh, and 3% Leech for the whole raid. For free. As in, just by bringing a Prot Warrior you get half an extra healer. The other tanks are jokes in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by fallenheaven View Post

He has been saying this on the forums for awhile, and I'm pretty sure he is the only dude who thinks Prot War is in a better spot then Guardian Druid.

In fact I can fill up 1 hand naming serious progression wars who are rerolling Guardian.

Ignore Pain is strong, except for when it's not. I think prot wars are in a good spot but no where near what this guy claims.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taygai View Post
    If you've had the chance to, do you know if there are a lot of magic heavy fights in raids? That's my biggest concern is being weak in magic heavy fights, my co-tank will be a DH and we're concerned magic heavy fights are going to stall us for a bit until we out gear the fight.
    BrMs can now stagger non-physical damage (I think that even includes armor-piercing damage) with 50% efficiency. If you are not specced into High Tolerance, you stagger 17.5% of all magic damage (due to our passive Stagger) and with Ironskin Brew up you stagger another 20% of said damage. That might not be quite as effective as DHs with their passive + Empower Wards in all cases, but it is still pretty good. A BrM won't hold your raid back due to heavy magic damage.
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    He has been saying this on the forums for awhile, and I'm pretty sure he is the only dude who thinks Prot War is in a better spot then Guardian Druid.

In fact I can fill up 1 hand naming serious progression wars who are rerolling Guardian.

Ignore Pain is strong, except for when it's not. I think prot wars are in a good spot but no where near what this guy claims.
    Dude, just read the prot thread on the Warrior forums. Even they were amazed Ignore Pain wasn't nerfed harder in the last patch.

Guardian Druid has insanely strong base stats but their active mitigation is really, really weak compared to other tanks. Ironfur is 45 Rage for 6 seconds of 20% physical DR which is hilariously weak compared to what basically everyone else has.

I recommend not picking a tank because it's overpowered. Pick a class based on enjoying the gameplay

There will be tuning patches at the start of Legion, there always are

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    I recommend not picking a tank because it's overpowered. Pick a class based on enjoying the gameplay

There will be tuning patches at the start of Legion, there always are
    Indeed. Pick 2-3 now and get familiar with them and make the final choice a few weeks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post
    Indeed. Pick 2-3 now and get familiar with them and make the final choice a few weeks in.
    For most people leveling, gearing and crafting for 3 toons in the first few weeks of the expansion is not happening so I don't think this is good advice in the least.

As it stands now if you want the safe pick, Guardian and Prot War is that. Brewmaster, Blood and Pro Pal are all good enough from the testing we have done and are all viable depending on how hardcore your guild is. Vengeance was bad when I last played it in raid testing, but I'm not sure how much the recent buffs change that. The demon spikes change probably resulted in a massive bump to physical defense.

You misunderstood me, I will elaborate once I get to my desktop.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Deleted
    Evening Fellers. At 110, how is monk Threat compared to other tanks? Im slightly worried about aoe threat, only having keg smash every 6 secs unless you spec into RJW. Do we suffer any problems in Aoe? cheers.

On a side note, how is our Dps compared to the other tanks? cheers.

Our DPS(specifically aoe) in lackluster compared to most other tanks. It will probably be the first area BRM gets any buffs in, if they do at all.

Our aoe threat is a non issue though. You could literally do nothing but hit keg smash on CD and no dps is ever going to pull aggro off you. If you have people in a group being bad and pulling adds you have a few options to establish threat on them between statue, exploding keg(if not on cd), keg smash(if not on cd) and RJW. RJW probably being the absolute worst option as it's threat is even worse then Dave's pulse in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachyne View Post
    Evening Fellers. At 110, how is monk Threat compared to other tanks? Im slightly worried about aoe threat, only having keg smash every 6 secs unless you spec into RJW. Do we suffer any problems in Aoe? cheers.

On a side note, how is our Dps compared to the other tanks? cheers.
    You probably won't have AOE threat over another tank unless you're good with Black Ox Statue/Provoke/Exploding Keg/Keg Smash type of shit.

You should never lose agro to a dps in any situation.

I think we basically have to take RJW for any frequent multi-mob scenarios, like dungeons. With RJW we're in a decent place, I just think it's a weird missing part of our kit without the talent.

SD is fantastic damage, but it's getting so iffy if there's trash incoming. Really came to like SD/BoC, going for face palm relics instead of hot blooded ones should be ridiculous ST damage, if that 60% for 1800% TP damage is correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meob View Post
    SD is fantastic damage, but it's getting so iffy if there's trash incoming. Really came to like SD/BoC, going for face palm relics instead of hot blooded ones should be ridiculous ST damage, if that 60% for 1800% TP damage is correct.
    Last I checked the damage bonus of Face Palm stopped at 3 traits (300% of normal). So extra relics only increase the chance. But I didn't really test it so it can be just tooltip error.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    Last I checked the damage bonus of Face Palm stopped at 3 traits (300% of normal). So extra relics only increase the chance. But I didn't really test it so it can be just tooltip error.
    Face Palm is 30% chance for 300% damage, on beta currently at 110 with 3/3 Face Palm damage is pretty good.

On the PVP realm @ 110 with all traits unlocked, no relics so 750 ilvl weapon vs 112 Training Dummy.

Base Tiger Palm hits for ~22k
    Tiger Palm and BoC hits for ~56k
    Face Palm TP hits for ~66k
    Face Palm and BoC hits for ~169k

Highest Critical Hit I have seen in the brief 20 minutes testing I did was 397k from a single Tiger Palm with BoC + Face Palm proc.

FYI Face Palm seems to proc pretty frequently.
    Last edited by madmossy; 2016-08-23 at 01:19 PM.