Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Any addon that helps with boss abilities shouldn't function. Either you learn it or react based on visual/audio queues that are native to the encounter.
    I think people who say this stuff either haven't completed a raid on mythic (heroic) ever, or raid entirely in LFR.

I would really love to see any guild complete Archimonde Mythic without an addon tracking the lazers. They would have to run only rogue melee, and all range would have to be wearing stamina trinkets and be spam healed in 735+ ilvl.

Sorry but some mechanics are just too ridiculous. They are designed WITH addons in mind. If you honestly think Blizzard designs their mythic encounters with no addons in mind, you're crazy.

alot of current bosses become impossible because like it or not, blizz makes bosses with dbm in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    A big reason I got sick of raiding was how "game-y" bosses have become. It really takes me out when a boss is saddled with a load of nonsensical mechanics that serve as nothing more than busywork.
    You'd love GW2, where you target a boss and nuke it for 3 minutes until it falls over, not caring at all whether you die, do decent dmg or avoid any ability. The biggest challenge for those bosses is getting to them before they die.

See: Doom Lord Kazzak.

Very good change. Shit got ridiculous exactly at Kormrok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Sarcasm. They said in the interview they will still make fights like Arch and shit (they referenced Gul'dan for this) where you still have to move to a certain spot and shit like with Wrought Chaos.

I'm pretty happy with this change. Shits gonna get a bit harder now.
    like cata dungeons were, and we know how that ended

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post

I would really love to see any guild complete Archimonde Mythic without an addon tracking the lazers. They would have to run only rogue melee, and all range would have to be wearing stamina trinkets and be spam healed in 735+ ilvl.
    It's easily achieveable though, especially with the gear today. Not that different from Ragnaros Heroic last phase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    like cata dungeons were, and we know how that ended
    Dungeons were the only decent thing in Cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    It's easily achieveable though, especially with the gear today. Not that different from Ragnaros Heroic last phase.
    Yes, gear 20 ilvls over the intended design, not to mention a ring that is 70 ilvls over the intended design.

Try PROGRESSING through Archimonde without an addon - its impossible. Your only hope would be a chain of insane luck on the beam placements.

Even then, you would use so many preemptive cooldowns, you'd die in later phases, anyway.

blizzard has to maintain a balance between casual and cor players. hiding information does not make a fair challenge. if they are going to make fights where you need to know the exact location of the 19 other people, than yes addons should be allowed acess to that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eathdemon View Post
    alot of current bosses become impossible because like it or not, blizz makes bosses with dbm in mind.
    Actually in that same stream they said they have no intention to change their designs. So they don't. Things will be harder and lot more players will be failing.

While I don't mind this for the most part, I'm sad about the range meter for small ranges like 5 yards that can be difficult to judge.

Deleted

Sorry but some mechanics are just too ridiculous. They are designed WITH addons in mind. If you honestly think Blizzard designs their mythic encounters with no addons in mind, you're crazy.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    lol

I see an addon displaying numbers, to which they line up on

what is your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I like addons that provide ease of access and better UI, but when addons start becoming mandatory Blizzard needs to step in. Iskar Assist should have been hotfixed non-functional the moment it became mandatory.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that sarcasm or legit?
    That's because the Iskar Orb mechanic was fucking stupid to start with. It's also probably 50% legit and 50% sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    As long as they don't expect 20 people to spread exactly 8 yards in a tiny room then cool whatever.
    While I think mechanics like this are stupid (so hopefully they stop adding them if they're going to disable such position-detecting capabilities), strictly speaking they did once demand that. Chimaeron 25 man in Blackwing Descent required players to be that far apart. Thankfully the floor had a convenient tile pattern.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Deleted
    I think people who say this stuff either haven't completed a raid on mythic (heroic) ever, or raid entirely in LFR.

big fat arrow under character and debuffs on both the player shooting the lazer and the player getting hit by it. yes wow i too would loove to see which guild could pull off this impossible feat without addons...

Quote Originally Posted by neohobeo View Post
    big fat arrow under character and debuffs on both the player shooting the lazer and the player getting hit by it. yes wow i too would loove to see which guild could pull off this impossible feat without addons...
    Someone hasn't progressed Archimonde Mythic

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Good, addons was running out of control and Blizzard had to add more and more complex mechanics to make up for the addons to keep making hard content.
    Agreed. At the end of the day Complex =/= Fun and this is a step in the right direction to cut that from happening. Nothing wrong with complex fights, but it be nice to have one every now and again that relies on intelligence, not just an add on telling you to not be where you are.

We can't fly already and they're gonna remove radars from add-ons too? I'm so gonna quit.

First they tried to fuck up melee with the maxcameradistance (thank god they reverted that), now they're trying to fuck us up even more with this? Running around in a hundred spell effects from the players and some from the boss, that's the definition of fun.

Good. Those addons ruined the fights by making em easy as hell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    We can't fly already and they're gonna remove radars from add-ons too? I'm so gonna quit.
    Since when has flying in raids and dungeons been a big thing?