Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    of course, transcendence and sound barrier are very ult breaking ults.
    the 20% discord nerf and 30% speed boost nerf wont change much at all.
    But the Mercy buff might mean we'll see more of her, so we have 3 healers rotating instead of the same 2 every time

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    All that's necessary to keep Genji balanced.

Right now, Genji has;

1> Some of the highest mobility in the game, second only to Tracer horizontally, and second only to Pharah vertically
    Which they just nerfed down is my issue on top of his ultimate. Now he's more like a Winston who can wall climb in terms of mobility.

2> Huge burst damage (150+) every few seconds, resetting instantly if you get a kill with it.
    3 shurikens+melee+slash is 159 yeah, but that's just enough to kill only a few heroes, and it also requires perfect reaction/aim. While on the other note, Tracer can do an upwards of 240 with her gun at close range.

3> Massive defenses to 80% of the heroes in his deflect, which has a short CD for its duration and deals enough damage it can not only protect him but secure kills itself
    Which is countered in the most easiest way of just not shooting him for those 2 seconds it's up for. Just melee him instead of anything.

4> An ult that can wipe an entire team more easily than most, since it's not avoidable like most
    Yes, I agree his ult is ridiculous. Especially with someone like Ana in the game now.

There's no real weak point. About the best you can say is that he's not great at sniper range, but his mobility and survival are such that he'd never want to BE at sniper range.
    Except he can't go at a tank almost at all. He gets wrecked by every single one basically, which is my point.

He SHOULD be flanking and picking off loners.

He SHOULD get smacked in the face if he turns a corner and runs into a tank.
    Yet, maybe I'm wrong in feeling this way, but I feel as if Genji is literally the only attacker who can't do anything to tanks really at all. Even Tracer can destroy a tank pretty quickly, while Genji it becomes "Might as well just flee and wait til my ults up"

Right now, imagine if Tracer could do 2-3 times the damage she currently deals, and had a massive defensive CD that meant she didn't have to book it, AND her ult meant that she could slap bombs on people for 8 seconds, not just once. That'd be comparable to current Genji.
    She already can do more damage than Genji though. And she basically does have a massive defensive CD being Recall which is reliably better than Genji's reflect, since reflect still leaves you smack dab in the middle of the fight and requires the other team to fail at awareness. And her ult isn't really comparable to Genji's, since his can't go through things like Transcendence while Tracer's can since it's burst.

I still feel as if it was over the top, the biggest "OP" thing about Genji was his ultimate, not the mobility in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I still feel as if it was over the top, the biggest "OP" thing about Genji was his ultimate, not the mobility in my opinion.
    I agree. Nerfing his mobility is completely unnecessary. He had an ult that was too powerful and a bit too high burst in the form of right click+melee+dash, with those getting toned down, he'll be fine. Nerfing his mobility means he'll be easier to hit, and with a small health pool like he has, he'll go down pretty quickly for someone who's supposed to be close to others to do damage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I agree. Nerfing his mobility is completely unnecessary. He had an ult that was too powerful and a bit too high burst in the form of right click+melee+dash, with those getting toned down, he'll be fine. Nerfing his mobility means he'll be easier to hit, and with a small health pool like he has, he'll go down pretty quickly for someone who's supposed to be close to others to do damage
    He has 200 health like most other heroes. He still has 3D movement, just slightly less. Even though Tracer is quicker, I find her easier to deal with, probably a lot because lower health, but also she's stuck on the ground so it's a lot easier to track where she's going.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-08-20 at 08:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    He has 200 health like most other heroes. He still has 3D movement, just slightly less. Even though Tracer is quicker, I find her easier to deal with, probably a lot because lower health, but also she's stuck on the ground so it's a lot easier to track where she's going.
    I find it a lot easier to deal with Genji, personally. If you can get the Tracer to stand still, she's easier to deal with, but she won't stand still

Which is countered in the most easiest way of just not shooting him for those 2 seconds it's up for. Just melee him instead of anything.
    He is immune to melee attacks while deflecting....
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

10+ Year Old Account
    What i dislike about genji is how many easy counters he has to offensive ults.

I basically need to kill him before i ult on either phara or reaper if they are some what competent players. He also counters soldier 76 ult.

While i don't find the deflection should be removed perhaps more of a delay before it activates can balance it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post

I basically need to kill him before i ult on either phara or reaper if they are some what competent players. He also counters soldier 76 ult.

While i don't find the deflection should be removed perhaps more of a delay before it activates can balance it out.
    Giving deflection a delay would mean he'd no longer counter Bastion as well as he does.
    And I'm fine with Genji countering some ults, D.va does the same. If there's a D.va and you're literally anyone with an offensive ult, you have to get rid of her mech or chances are she'll give her team enough time to get somewhere safe before DM runs out

10+ Year Old Account
    Giving deflection a delay would mean he'd no longer counter Bastion as well as he does.
    And I'm fine with Genji countering some ults, D.va does the same. If there's a D.va and you're literally anyone with an offensive ult, you have to get rid of her mech or chances are she'll give her team enough time to get somewhere safe before DM runs out
    Defense matrix is getting changed however so you can no longer tap into it and gains it strength over a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    He is immune to melee attacks while deflecting....
    Who said anything about doing damage? It helps you feel better!

- - - Updated - - -

Pharah and Reaper sure, if they can react quick enough. Soldier 76 though? Not really, since his ultimate lasts longer and you just have to not target the Genji when you see him reflect. If anything, Reinhardt counters that a heck of a lot more, and without needed a CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Defense matrix is getting changed however so you can no longer tap into it and gains it strength over a few seconds.
    But 4 seconds of absorbing everything is still better than 2 seconds of deflecting everything, for the most part anyway

But 4 seconds of absorbing everything is still better than 2 seconds of deflecting everything, for the most part anyway
    Especially when the range of Defense Matrix is larger than deflect, and you can save everyone with a good Defense Matrix.

Sure, Genji can reflect Pharah's ult and kill her with it, but everyone around him is still dead too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Especially when the range of Defense Matrix is larger than deflect, and you can save everyone with a good Defense Matrix.

Sure, Genji can reflect Pharah's ult and kill her with it, but everyone around him is still dead too.
    Dunno, that deflect hit box is enormous. Was Bastion shooting Lucio earlier, clear space between the two, still all got deflected back.

I wont be able to play with my wife in competitive mode anymore, the only reason I play this game is to play with her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FaithOven View Post
    I wont be able to play with my wife in competitive mode anymore, the only reason I play this game is to play with her.
    If you play with her all the time it should keep you at the same rank

Wow those Genji nerfs! they really went there. Looks good though. I do hope they start tackling defense heroes soon though, especially Symmetra.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope we see another patch before start of second season. Defense heroes need something besides just Mei. If nothing else I would like to at least see removal of Winston's reload, same with Symettra.

They also need to widen the rank gap for comp. I was thinking 10 was alright before, so 100 now.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    I hope we see another patch before start of second season. Defense heroes need something besides just Mei. If nothing else I would like to at least see removal of Winston's reload, same with Symettra.

They also need to widen the rank gap for comp. I was thinking 10 was alright before, so 100 now.
    What the hell? I am genuinely confused by this, this is an incredible buff for Winston, why does he need this?

I don't think you realize just how strong this would be.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2016-08-20 at 07:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    What the hell? I am genuinely confused by this, this is an incredible buff for Winston, why does he need this?
    Moreover, why does Symmetra need it? Her leftclick will 1v1 pretty much everyone else in the game, it doesn't need a buff..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    If nothing else I would like to at least see removal of Winston's reload, same with Symettra.
    Err, why?

His reload is already pretty much completely in-line with his leap cooldown, and he can reload in the air. Leap in, zap people until you need to reload, leap and reload, land and keep zapping. The leap impact adds damage, too, and helps keep you alive longer by avoiding fire.

If you're reloading on the ground in the middle of a firefight, you've probably screwed something up with Winston.