Bought the 3DS originally for Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop and totally bought a N3DS just in preparation for MH:Gen.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

After a bit of a break for FFXIV's summer events i'm back to solo'ing some online stuff just because i like to and just took down my first deviant, the Crimsonhelm Azuros and he spammed his 6 swipe the entire time, i can't imagine how annoying he must be to solo guild style.

http://imgur.com/a/0dium

made this album of some of my better looking / skilled sets. I try to be a functional fashion hunter where I can, pretty happy with how these turned out.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Is it just me or is that USJ Dinovaldo really strong?

15+ Year Old Account
    the last set looks nice would you mind telling me what parts make it up?

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

@Gutler hayabusa feather, ex zinogre mail, ceanataur braces s, storge faulds R, ceanataur greaves S

Uses a sharpness 3 OOO tali iirc.

Welp, solo'ed all of HR3 -and teostra wouldnt drop 1 damn claw let alone 3 for the best bow in the game :/- but now one quest left before i get the urgent for the new big bad.

Capture a Glavenus.

I predict my first failed quest since Blagonga in 2*

- - - Updated - - -

So i did that and then did the urgent and man... great music, cool looking monster but god what a boring timewaster!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Welp, solo'ed all of HR3 -and teostra wouldnt drop 1 damn claw let alone 3 for the best bow in the game :/- but now one quest left before i get the urgent for the new big bad.

Capture a Glavenus.

I predict my first failed quest since Blagonga in 2*

- - - Updated - - -

So i did that and then did the urgent and man... great music, cool looking monster but god what a boring timewaster!
    i feel your pain killed the bastard 10 times and only got 1 claw then on the 11th ALL OF THE CLAWS! now i need a set to go with the bow.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    i feel your pain killed the bastard 10 times and only got 1 claw then on the 11th ALL OF THE CLAWS! now i need a set to go with the bow.

Speaking of my 20th or more Brachydios hunt where i only attack the hands, clearly break them and only get brack marrow, but i need 3 hammers for the bow before making the armour that needs like 5 more....

This was suffering in 4U as it was.

lol, I couldn't get marrow to save my life but have plenty of hammers.

You are breaking both hands and fighting him on low rank right? Cause there's a 60% chance of getting it when you do that. It'd be insane RNG to go 20 hunts without getting hammers at 60%.

The last thing I did in mh4u was hunt around 20 seregios for a lens. The last quest I did dropped 2.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Speaking of my 20th or more Brachydios hunt where i only attack the hands, clearly break them and only get brack marrow, but i need 3 hammers for the bow before making the armour that needs like 5 more....

This was suffering in 4U as it was.
    I lost track of how many times I killed a Brachydios in 3 just for a stupid Brach Gem for my switch axe...

That was genuinely painful.

Also I'm slowly getting done with the village stuff, just read up about how you have to do all the Prowler quests to unlock the honey farm and what not, so I'm working through that now.

How high do the offline quests go though? I saw on the key quest list they only listed up to 6 star, is that just the low rank or what?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I lost track of how many times I killed a Brachydios in 3 just for a stupid Brach Gem for my switch axe...

That was genuinely painful.

Also I'm slowly getting done with the village stuff, just read up about how you have to do all the Prowler quests to unlock the honey farm and what not, so I'm working through that now.

How high do the offline quests go though? I saw on the key quest list they only listed up to 6 star, is that just the low rank or what?
    Its considered low rank but they throw some high rank mobs at you (like zamtrios and seltas queen)

Its considered low rank but they throw some high rank mobs at you (like zamtrios and seltas queen)
    So is there no like 7 star and up Village quests like the past MH? I can't seem to find much but I might just be blind.

Wait, I didn't even know there's no G rank, what the heck

so I'm working through that now.
    You can also just do online stuff, when you get to a certain rank (I forget) it auto unlocks it all.

It's only low rank for the bulk of it, the advanced quests are high rank but you can only unlock them by doing online high rank stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmmmm seems most good bow sets require the barrage earring i never liked doing arenas though

So is there no like 7 star and up Village quests like the past MH? I can't seem to find much but I might just be blind.

Wait, I didn't even know there's no G rank, what the heck
    http://imgur.com/a/XyOsR

That's a picture of my 3DS and you'll see there're normal quests and then "Advanced Quests". As said previously, you unlock them as you play multiplayer on high rank as well as unlock them as your hunter rank goes up. There is no G rank (which kinda sucks) but I believe I saw somewhere there're actually more overall missions than 4U had including G rank. The problem with a lack of something like G rank is that to fill in those missions so that you don't have less actual missions...is you get a bunch of gathering and kill 20 small monsters that are annoying quests instead.

I'm still unlocking stuff with just the other day unlocking an arena quest to fight a gold rathian and silver rathlos at the same time (and they're high rank). Your best items/materials are going to come from hyper monsters which are this go rounds frenzied (but a lot more fun and interesting imo). The only real annoying part (for solo) is that the hyper modifier increases their hp as well.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

15+ Year Old Account
    man the sakura charm farming method sure can make you a lot of zenny.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm how the heck to I lose the connection to a local hub I created myself?

- - - Updated - - -

So another question I guess are charm tables still locked on character creation or no?

So another question I guess are charm tables still locked on character creation or no?
    On character load in, so every time you restart your game.