Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hopefully this won't break range checking - as a healer it will be somewhat of a pain not being able to tell if you're in range of the people you're trying to heal...
    But I can live with not knowing which direction an out-of-healing-range person is - although they might not...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaedis View Post
    Ya, try doing Mythic Archi without a HUD for the Wroughts and Shackles. They've designed too many of these boss fights, particularly mythics, under the assumption that people have access to these position trackers. It's going to be chaos without them.
    You really don't understand that, if they make the addons not work, they LITERALLY HAVE TO NO LONGER BUILD ENCOUNTERS WITH THE ADDON IN MIND?

Ya, try doing Mythic Archi without a HUD for the Wroughts and Shackles. They've designed too many of these boss fights, particularly mythics, under the assumption that people have access to these position trackers. It's going to be chaos without them.
    And they will design bosses around not having add-ons to hold your hand.. this is 7.1 who's going to care about Archie then?

This guy opens his mouth and I get triggered.

Not really.

Now they will design the fights knowing that people will not have them.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

RIP Treasure Goblins

Good riddance to those 3d/radar addons, they're nothing but paint-by-numbers aids that prevent people from developing actual useful skills like situational awareness.

"The new Karazhan is definitely not just updating the old boss numbers. There will be some cool stuff that will blow people's minds, genuinely getting hyped!"

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!! chooo chooo!

If those raid changes break DBM, I'm going to be furious, and call &ull$hit.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    [*]The new max zoom distance wasn't added to the slider because it will increase the number of people that are experiencing the game in a sub-optimal way.[/list]
    And they plan to use the same "argument" to get rid of a the console macro that they have used last time. Sneaky move giving us back a console command but with 12 yards less distance. This way the outcry wont be as big as it was before. Sneeky Blizz.

Their remarks about spec balance make no sense whatsoever. How are players going to regret focusing on one spec if it performs on par with another one? If someone is the type of player to play whatever the numbers tell them to even if they aren't the biggest fan of the spec, they aren't exactly the type of player to be too concerned about what they play anyway. Previous expansions taught them versatility by now. And there shouldn't even be any damn disruptions in the first place. After eons of alpha and beta, not to mention way over a decade at developing this game by now, they should finally git gud at balancing numbers and stop delivering the same messy shit show time and time again because they are too lazy to not suck at their jobs. "They won't keep the game imbalanced for a long period of time". Yeah, right. Except it's the first expansion where they actually acknowledge they may keep it imbalanced, deliberately even, and aren't just bullshitting players with dozens of excuses of how they are going to fix the problems "soon"/the problems fix themselves at X ilvl (that may be irrelevant for progression)/the problems don't exist. In an expansion that can't afford it thanks to Artifacts. Yeah, that should fill people with hope in regards to their competence /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

In Patch 7.1, addons will not be able to access unit position in raids, dungeons, and competitive instances.
    I understand that Blizzard want to remove the 3D assist on addon. But if addon can't access unit position, all healer UI will be broken. We can't anymore see if people are too away for healing or not.... We must try to heal someone to see if that people are in range or not.... It's seem weird and a boring gaemplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    "The intent is for augment runes to be a nice bonus to players in Raid Finder, not for Mythic raiders to feel that it is necessary to run Raid Finder."

Holy fuck they still don't understand raiding at all after all these years.

Thought I suppose the augment runes won't be what forces us to do LFR, given that loot from it will now have a random chance to be superior to mythic gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirakinuki View Post
    I understand that Blizzard want to remove the 3D assist on addon. But if addon can't access unit position, all healer UI will be broken. We can't anymore see if people are too away for healing or not.... We must try to heal someone to see if that people are in range or not.... It's seem weird and a boring gaemplay.
    There are multiple ways to get a distance. The out of range indicator should be safe.

So the from what I understand the addon change is going to break the annoying Circles that move around that DBM added in recently and the /range 10yd 20yd 30yd thing and TomTom(the arrow icon pointing you to a location)? Other than that DBM would still be able to tell timers and general "switch target", "Get away from boss", and "stack" messages right? If so then honestly its not too game breaking at least for tanks and DPS.

Augment runes and the higher stat food are there for min-maxers that want to squeeze every bit of potential out of the system.
    There is also an economic side to this, with raiders selling BoE items from raids and using the profit to finance consumables and repairs.
    Augment runes allows the team to have a baseline solid reward from Raid Finder when you don't win an item.
    Past expansions gave you 28 gold, which didn't make anyone feel good.
    The augment runes can actually sell for a decent amount early on in the expansion, which is a better solution than dropping hundreds of gold and causing inflation.
    The intent is for augment runes to be a nice bonus to players in Raid Finder, not for Mythic raiders to feel that it is necessary to run Raid Finder.
    So the intent is a system that gives consumable rewards for less serious players to then trade for gold to more serious players to make someone feel better for not getting loot. Of which is to benefit the economy from guilds who already spend a lot of gold on consumables supplied by less serious players who then buy gear and carries from said guilds. Of course raiding guilds who have the gold will not feel like they need to run LFR for a consumable when they can buy it.

Seems like a needless additional consumable all to make players feel better about not getting loot.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2016-08-21 at 01:22 AM.

They need to just up and decide what the fuck they're doing. Is zooming out an advantage? Is having every fucking boss ability on a goddamn timer an advantage? Is having a stupid arrow pointing you to a spot an advantage? Either wipe all the shit or leave it alone make up your fucking mind.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like everytime they mention the camera distance, they find a new way at trying to justify the changes that go against what they said previously.

Just give us the old distance on the fucking slider.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keniwa View Post
    We need an answer from blizzard on why Affliction warlock still have 2 Golden Traits with on-death mechanics in the artifact, they are so niche that they will rarely be useful, a golden traits should be cool, not something you can only use in a very specific scenario like scorpiron....
    It was my understanding the weapon used to spit out spirits you would kill to proc them effects. I assume with the change to Reap the Gold Dragons will proc when you reap the souls.

Blizzard thinks it's more fun to have you read every spell a boss is casting and somehow recall that "Enchantment Spring of Torment" causes a deadly wave to pass through the raid. How can I avoid it when the boss's foot takes up my entire screen? Doesn't the simple fact that people have been playing the game with maxed camera distance for years mean that the game is "fun" being played that way?

I like to be personally responsible for my own actions in raids. I want to be able to see when I'm in danger, and move on my own accord, rather than have a raid leader screaming at me to move away from something I can't even see.

This is reminiscent of the days when game designers used to think that mazes were awesome, except in this case, it's "fear" and frustration of the unknown; "We want players to be able to die to shit they can't see, it's more immersive!"

TL;DR: What's so wrong about being proactive during a raid encounter and reacting to the boss's actions in real-time vs memorizing the raid journal and repeating dance steps? Which is more fun? Maybe they're equally fun for different people? Limiting camera distance alienates those who find it more fun being proactive.
    Last edited by Kataroku; 2016-08-21 at 02:14 AM.