Exclamation trading Personal loot post 7.0 and "ninjaing"

So, theres one concern i have about the new PL system post 7.0. In particular it regards being able to trade "downgrades" and stuff like that

if i want to keep the "downgrade", IE If i want the transmog model or want to Vendor/DE/whatever with it. Does that make me a ninja?

I ask this, because since i got the item in the first place from personal loot, as oppposed to old group loot systems, wouldnt it ultimately be my call if i want to trade it or not?

heres a hypothertical scenario,

My Ret pally Main Lightwrath current has the heroic version of the 2handed sword from archimonde
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=124389/c...:1798#see-also

but, ive always wanted the 2handed hammer from Blackhand, the aptly named "The Black hand"

http://www.wowhead.com/item=113979/t...k-hand&bonus=0

but as you see, its more likely than not a downgrade

so, if i got it off Personal loot after getting into a PL Blackhand run on normal or something, and wanted to keep it because i literally wanted the model of the hammer since WOD was announced, does that make me a Ninja looter/Bad person/player?

sorry if this has been asked before, Ive just had this question on my mind since they mentioned being able to trade PL items that are downgrades

though if i won it off Bonus Roll, i dont think i would be able to trade it anyway

thanks for reading

Its personal loot. Your personal loot. To do with what you will. Just as others' will have their own personal loot. Unless you made a prior arrangement with another person, I can't think of any logical situation where you would be a "Ninja looter/Bad person/player" for keeping your own personal loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    noone can tell you what to do with your own personal loot.
    Hi

If it truly bothers you to take it when someone else wants it just tell them you already disenchanted it.

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    Its personal loot. Your personal loot. To do with what you will. Just as others' will have their own personal loot. Unless you made a prior arrangement with another person, I can't think of any logical situation where you would be a "Ninja looter/Bad person/player" for keeping your own personal loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    noone can tell you what to do with your own personal loot.
    There has already been reports, sadly, of players being kicked form LFG/R because they won't trade their items to other players. :S

Really sad it has come to this... Finding more and more reason to not be a part of any chat channels.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

15+ Year Old Account
    What I see happening is in Pug Raids, people auctioning off items they get as a Personal drop.
    Not necessarily a bad thing.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

Won't you still be able to mog if after giving it away, with the new transmog system? Or will you lose it somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by LordAmbrosia View Post
    Won't you still be able to mog if after giving it away, with the new transmog system? Or will you lose it somehow?
    Lose it. You need to keep/vendor/de it for the transmog to stay.

Deleted
    Since this is the pre patch. I'm not too bothered with giving away any downgrades I get. I got some 740 TF boots that I gave away the other night

When Legion hits and someone asks for a downgrade who is not in my guild I'll ask them to give me gold for it. If the item that dropped was a BoE I could slap it on the AH for some gold. If they want the item they can pay for it. Not sure how much but depending on the item 20-25k seems decent.

Deleted
    Imo it would be a good change if chat didn't show what items people receive from Personal Loot. As far as I can think off, there are no benefits to everyone being able to see what other people get from PL, and it would completely solve the problem that has been apparent since PL became tradeable. Am I overseeing something? Looks to me like it would solve this issue without any drawbacks.

In my opinion, it doesnt make you a "ninja", but it does kinda make you a dick... If someone actually needs the gear, especially a weapon and you dont, you should give it to the guy... Transmog is usually low priority for reasons to want an item, where it could benefit his character.

With Group Loot, the other option, friends will roll for friends anyway most likely

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oromiselda View Post
    Imo it would be a good change if chat didn't show what items people receive from Personal Loot. As far as I can think off, there are no benefits to everyone being able to see what other people get from PL, and it would completely solve the problem that has been apparent since PL became tradeable. Am I overseeing something? Looks to me like it would solve this issue without any drawbacks.
    The only reason chat shows the items is because people complained that personal loot didn't feel as good has the other loot forms because you didn't see who got what. Probably face the same problem if they tried to do it again. They've put a lot of effort into making personal loot the unofficial default system, shame some people are abusing it like this.