Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How long does it take to get 13 and 37 traits?

1. How long does it take to unlock all perks for one artifact?-13
    2. How long does it take to max all perks for one artifact?-37

Deleted
    Is this supposed to be a serious question? It all comes down to time invested.

13 you'll get by the time you ding 110 or very shortly after

37 should take at least 4-5 months i think, ofc this varies depending on how much you play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    13 you'll get by the time you ding 110 or very shortly after

37 should take at least 4-5 months i think, ofc this varies depending on how much you play.
    hm I see, so I guess it would be better to firstly get 13 for main and then 13 for offspec and then continue with main one

You can't "unlock" all perks and then max them. You need to max one trait before moving to the next one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mee View Post
    hm I see, so I guess it would be better to firstly get 13 for main and then 13 for offspec and then continue with main one
    Depending what you do - but the first 13 points is super cheap and I plan on getting 3 artifacts up to 13 points relatively fast, then letting then stay @that point for a while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Depending what you do - but the first 13 points is super cheap and I plan on getting 3 artifacts up to 13 points relatively fast, then letting then stay @that point for a while.
    why would you make them stay at that point?

Traits become prohibitively expensive after 13; you're likely to have all offspec artifacts at 13 for quite a while.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok I don't think you know how artifacts work. You can't put in 1 point into each perk. You have to Max them to move onto the next one...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Ok I don't think you know how artifacts work. You can't put in 1 point into each perk. You have to Max them to move onto the next one...
    actually, I don't think you know how artifacts work, because the way he describes it is exactly how it works

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by daerellin View Post
    Traits become prohibitively expensive after 13; you're likely to have all offspec artifacts at 13 for quite a while.
    then I guess it is good to b demon hunter and have only 2 specs, unless they cost more to balance with other classes? so I imagine people who don't use offspec will get pretty high pretty fast!

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    then I guess it is good to b demon hunter and have only 2 specs, unless they cost more to balance with other classes? so I imagine people who don't use offspec will get pretty high pretty fast!
    You clearly don't get how the artifacts trait system works, try using the artifact calculator on this website.

http://www.wowdb.com/artifact-calculator
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adocul View Post
    You clearly don't get how the artifacts trait system works, try using the artifact calculator on this website.

http://www.wowdb.com/artifact-calculator
    I think I do know how it works. Please read initial post, but thanks for suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    actually, I don't think you know how artifacts work, because the way he describes it is exactly how it works
    No..

If you want to get the next perk on an artifact weapon, if the previous rank before it has 3 tiers, you need to unlock all 3.

Deleted
    As the poster below you post said, it becomes alot more expensive. From point 13 to point 14 however, the AP function changes and the sum of point 1-13 is 6500 and 14 is 68xx (cant remember). Therefore my main artifact will only loose 1.5 points initially (and neglicible in the long run), but making me alot more flexible and can adapt if say if a DPS spec got nerfed, buffed - while also allowing me to tank as my offspec without being insanely far behind.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think I do know how it works. Please read initial post, but thanks for suggestion.
    I did read your initial post, it's basically gibberish.

To unlock all "essential" traits, you must spend 34 points. 13 points in is where the value of the next point costs significantly more. 11 points is the minimum for the first major node.
    Last edited by Space Troll; 2016-08-20 at 11:54 PM.
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

Deleted
    The initial post suggest that you do not know how artifacts work. You can't "unlock" the whole artifact in 13 points, you go step by step maximizing each trait before moving on to the next one and this takes 34 points in total, after that you can spend 20 points on a bonus trait which increases your damage/healing by certain percentage up to 15%.

Just gonna leave this here.... Gives a rough estimate of time it takes... (I did not make this!!)
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Lv0/edit#gid=0

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well this thread died fast. Thanks @Moonfall for the spreadsheet.