Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    And I doubt that'll be the case. They have 3 raids for the first tier in the xpac and you think we're only getting 2 tiers again.

Like, you're an idiot. Plain and simple, an idiot. You use no logic.
    Oh hey there blizzard whiteknight fanboy calm down a little. I guess you still defend blizzard for all the content they cut from WoD even if they said it would be there, but I guess its just no logic. And when Blizzard said for the 3th time there would be no content drought I guess you called everyone not beliving them idiots aswell, even after 14 months of HFC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Oh hey there blizzard whiteknight fanboy calm down a little. I guess you still defend blizzard for all the content they cut from WoD even if they said it would be there, but I guess its just no logic.
    He is talking about Legion.

I dont know what kind of logic you use to make the assumption that him stating facts about legion equals him talking about content you think was cut from WoD.

I usually expect more from my viking neighbors

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    A 7 boss raid won't keep you entertained for 4 or 5 months (just remember TotC or even DS).

@ Defend: Where'd you get that information from? Gamescom?
    sure it will. highmaul was cut way too early, and brf was released too soon. sure it had been cleared by some, but most guilds never got to margok on mythic mode, this will allow for a bit more people to see the content, and for them to not run out of content too quickly
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    The amount of stupidity in this thread is pretty saddening.

Some people clearly lack any sort of comprehension.

EN will be released sometime near the 20th of september (dunno the exact date). Then there will be 7.1 with the Stormheim raid. Then - IN THE SAME TIER - will come NH in January.

Making the FIRST TIER lasts 5-6 months. (well prolly more)

It's exactly the goal they wanted to achieve.
    But instead of the entire tier being given to the players at the start, allowing them to choose what they want to raid a given day (like in BC/WotLK/Cata), the raids are spread out in time. Timegated, if you will. So for about 4 months we are going to be raiding a 7 boss raid that won't even have tier sets in it.

Sure this is their goal, sure they will achieve it. As for me, my entire guild felt apart before BRF even came out, partly due to killing the same 7 bosses for gear that wasn't even good in the tier they were in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    But instead of the entire tier being given to the players at the start, allowing them to choose what they want to raid a given day (like in BC/WotLK/Cata), the raids are spread out in time. Timegated, if you will. So for about 4 months we are going to be raiding a 7 boss raid that won't even have tier sets in it.

Sure this is their goal, sure they will achieve it. As for me, my entire guild felt apart before BRF even came out, partly due to killing the same 7 bosses for gear that wasn't even good in the tier they were in.
    If your guild fell apart before BRF came out it would have fallen apart a month later if BRF had come out at the same time as HM.

ITs a BS excuse that it fell apart because the gear wasnt good enough. Thats literally the worst excuse i've heard for a guild falling apart ever.

Why are people so hell bent on believing that there will be 2 raid tiers? Just because WoD had 2 does not mean that it has somehow become the norm. 3 raid tiers are not supposed to be a fuking miracle. MoP had 3.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt how your guild survived the end of previous xpacs if your guild fell apart from just doing a couple months of 1 raid. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q16u...youtu.be&t=344

Chilton said they have 2 more raids planned after EN+ NH, one for 7.2 and one for a patch after that.

So emerald nightmare is the only raid instance at launch? With Stormheim raid coming soon after? Sounds right to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    When did I even say anything about a patch? Stop with this shit ass argument of entitlement.
    Oh, sorry, I thought you would've been referring the actual new information that we got instead of stuff that we've known about for quite some time now.
    And regarding exact dates, EN exact dates have been floating around for quite some time, and we've known for almost a year that they wanted to put a few months between EN and NH. The exact date regarding NH release date is irrelevant until we get closer to it.

The difference between this and WoD is that:

A.) in WoD after the first few weeks of the expansion, all content other than raids became obsolete because they no longer offered relevant gear. So the only thing to do for those 2 months was Highmaul. In Legion, there is Artifact Power and gear scaling, so you have World Quests and Mythic+ dungeons to do on top of Emerald Nightmare.

B.) There is the Stormheim raid that is being release in between Emerald Nightmare and Nighthold. On top of that there is Kara, which is basically a 5 man raid and new World Quests.

So 4 months isn't too bad when you have all of that to do before Nighthold releases.

It will be hard to consider EN a 'real raid' since it won't have tier sets, and Nighthold will only release 4-5 months later.

They should just create a tier set for EN, make it a separate tier, and release Nighthold as 2nd tier 6-8 months later.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I doubt how your guild survived the end of previous xpacs if your guild fell apart from just doing a couple months of 1 raid. lol
    Well, somehow it did. Admittedly it was mosstly due to the fact that WoD was terrible, but having a "full package" at the start wouldn't hurt. When there was only 1 small raid up, and the rest of the game wasn't that fun, people just quit. If BRF was out at the same time, the variety would keep it up. Cata was a good example, since even without much to do, 3 different raids you could visit kind of held people together.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    The difference between this and WoD is that:

A.) in WoD after the first few weeks of the expansion, all content other than raids became obsolete because they no longer offered relevant gear. So the only thing to do for those 2 months was Highmaul. In Legion, there is Artifact Power and gear scaling, so you have World Quests and Mythic+ dungeons to do on top of Emerald Nightmare.

B.) There is the Stormheim raid that is being release in between Emerald Nightmare and Nighthold. On top of that there is Kara, which is basically a 5 man raid and new World Quests.

So 4 months isn't too bad when you have all of that to do before Nighthold releases.
    Sadly, we don't know that stuff yet. While I'm hopeful, it might happen that all this hypermarketed stuff like World Quests, Artifact Leveling and Mythic+ will become obsolete or redundant very quickly. It might happen, just like it happened with Garrisons - maybe Blizzard thought that doing Garrison chores would keep players in the game, and they were wrong. They can be wrong one more time, let's keep that in mind. That's why I'd rather compare the amount of raids at start to WotLK/BC/Cata than WoD.

Oh god what have I started, maybe the word "Delay" was a poor choice because in this community it seems to have a negative connotation to it, let me be clear, crystal with this one. Just replace the fact that I said Delay with Stagger, that fits better, its my bad really. I REALLY do not mind them staggering the raids like this, as some people have mentioned above, my guild only barely got into mythic Highmaul before BRF came out, so it basically killed any notion of doing Highmaul, so I believe this is a good change, I never said anything bad about it, in fact the contrary, the stormheim raid in between sounds cool if we are being honest, was just letting people know about the staggering of Nighthold before it was on the front page, no shitpost was intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Defend View Post
    Oh god what have I started, maybe the word "Delay" was a poor choice because in this community it seems to have a negative connotation to it, let me be clear, crystal with this one. Just replace the fact that I said Delay with Stagger, that fits better, its my bad really. I REALLY do not mind them staggering the raids like this, as some people have mentioned above, my guild only barely got into mythic Highmaul before BRF came out, so it basically killed any notion of doing Highmaul, so I believe this is a good change, I never said anything bad about it, in fact the contrary, the stormheim raid in between sounds cool if we are being honest, was just letting people know about the staggering of Nighthold before it was on the front page, no shitpost was intended.
    Lol, yeah. It started out as a seeming shitpost/wording argument, then turned into a shot show with people that don't understand how the raids tiers are numbered. And then toss in some people not understanding how the raids are actually patched in, and you have a party started!

Sadly, we don't know that stuff yet. While I'm hopeful, it might happen that all this hypermarketed stuff like World Quests, Artifact Leveling and Mythic+ will become obsolete or redundant very quickly. It might happen, just like it happened with Garrisons - maybe Blizzard thought that doing Garrison chores would keep players in the game, and they were wrong. They can be wrong one more time, let's keep that in mind. That's why I'd rather compare the amount of raids at start to WotLK/BC/Cata than WoD.
    As thing are on the beta currently. It takes months to cap out your artifact weapon. So as long as you can acquire artifact power from world quests, you will want to continue doing them.

Mythic+10 gear is equal to the gear in Heroic Emerald Nightmare, and the weekly chest you get gives gear equal to Mythic Emerald Nightmare gear (if you complete Mythic+10). So, unless you have Mythic Emerald Nightmare on farm in the first weeks of it's release, you will want to continue to do Mythic+

There is also the Titanforge system to consider as well.

Anyways, the rewards you got in WoD for Apexis dailies and dungeon were a fixed Ilvl, which was lower than the gear you could get from even Normal Highmaul. So after people started getting gear from doing Normal/Heroic/Mythic Highmaul, there was no reason left to do other content. Artifact Power is important no matter your Ilvl and gear is no longer at a fixed Ilvl. Unless Blizzard changes things from how they are currently on beta, this content will not become obsolete anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Lol, yeah. It started out as a seeming shitpost/wording argument, then turned into a shot show with people that don't understand how the raids tiers are numbered. And then toss in some people not understanding how the raids are actually patched in, and you have a party started!
    THANK YOU!, someone who understands me *sniffle*

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    All they said is what they want to do. They could have told us dates, and they still haven't a week before launch causing threads like these to be made and most people are confused. Do you not understand how skeptical people are with how bad wod was?
    I know people are skeptical, but it seems when you mix skepticism and stupidity together threads like these go to a whole new level.

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    sure it will. highmaul was cut way too early, and brf was released too soon. sure it had been cleared by some, but most guilds never got to margok on mythic mode, this will allow for a bit more people to see the content, and for them to not run out of content too quickly
    In the end it's still a 7 boss raid. Even if many guilds were not able to fight Margok or some of the later bosses on Mythic it can't keep you entertained that much, simply because there are only 7 bosses.

Highmaul always felt like some "imperfect" raid due to the lack of Tier Sets or any greater meaning to the whole expansion. It just was off in some way. The same will happen to EN. I don't know why Blizzard is doing this bs. They should release EN and Nighthold at the same time like they did back in TBC, WotLK or Cataclysm - both should drop Tier Sets as they are the same tier. It doesn't make any sense to delay it.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2016-08-21 at 09:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    In the end it's still a 7 boss raid. Even if many guilds were not able to fight Margok or some of the later bosses on Mythic it can't keep you entertained that much, simply because there are only 7 bosses.

Highmaul always felt like some "imperfect" raid due to the lack of Tier Sets or any greater meaning to the whole expansion. It just was off in some way. The same will happen to EN. I don't know why Blizzard is doing this bs. They should release EN and Nighthold at the same time like they did back in TBC, WotLK or Cataclysm - both should drop Tier Sets as they are the same tier. It doesn't make any sense to delay it.
    probably because it's fucking hard to think of new raids/boss mechanics. and if they both release at the same time theyll be cleared within a month and everyone will complain. blizz is fucked either way, no point in non sensical complaining
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Deleted
    Like it matters, 200-300 guilds will only have probably cleared mythic EN by then.