Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Out of curiosity, has anyone attempted much in the way of soloing content since Legion? With skill changes/losses are some of the strats even possible for soloing some bosses?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Out of curiosity, has anyone attempted much in the way of soloing content since Legion? With skill changes/losses are some of the strats even possible for soloing some bosses?
    I have tried MSV 25 HC, before i could kill everything but Will of the Emperor ( get it to 50% only) now i can't kill the first boss, the dogs.
    I admit i haven't tried with leech trinket but the loss of Flame shock healing glyph and change of resource consumed by Healing Surge hindered our chances in hard soloing environment. Will try more once legion starts, prepatch is a dark time to do proper soloing.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

msv 10 normal is doable as ele, but 25 is pretty hard, its not worth the time investment, and hc is not doable since the patch any more. Up to Mop i didnt see anything not doable, heart of fear 10 is still doable up to embershaker, terrace is NOT at any reasonable pace doable without the dispell glyph. Healing and dmg has been like quartered in pandaria raids, its mostly not worth the time. For nalak / galleon i need to spec resto because of the dmg they deal and the loss of healing abilitys as ele. 15 minutes of resto doing its 15 k dps on nalak sucks btw, im back to looking for some people to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Evermaw View Post
    I have tried MSV 25 HC, before i could kill everything but Will of the Emperor ( get it to 50% only) now i can't kill the first boss, the dogs.
    I admit i haven't tried with leech trinket but the loss of Flame shock healing glyph and change of resource consumed by Healing Surge hindered our chances in hard soloing environment. Will try more once legion starts, prepatch is a dark time to do proper soloing.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Well in Legion we'll be more than 14 levels above Mists content, so we'll be able to breeze though pretty much anything from it just like we can now with all raids from Vanilla through Dragon Soul. The fun part will be starting to try and solo WOD bosses.

Well in Legion we'll be more than 14 levels above Mists content, so we'll be able to breeze though pretty much anything from it just like we can now with all raids from Vanilla through Dragon Soul. The fun part will be starting to try and solo WOD bosses.
    I have to obligatorily remind you that there is no plan (that I know of) to apply any sort of trivializing buff to MoP simply because we are outlevelling it.

In case you are referring to the fact that a 20 level gap comes with a huge ilvl gap - well, yes, things will probably be easier, although I wouldn't be too sure about it. I still remember wiping on LK (as a mage, to be fair) when I was a newly-minted level 90, back before the stat squish.
    Likely, things will still be hard if your ilvl isn't sufficiently high (say, a measly ilvl 800 will probably struggle with some harder bosses.)
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Quote Originally Posted by isaac2314 View Post
    I have to obligatorily remind you that there is no plan (that I know of) to apply any sort of trivializing buff to MoP simply because we are outlevelling it.

In case you are referring to the fact that a 20 level gap comes with a huge ilvl gap - well, yes, things will probably be easier, although I wouldn't be too sure about it. I still remember wiping on LK (as a mage, to be fair) when I was a newly-minted level 90, back before the stat squish.
    Likely, things will still be hard if your ilvl isn't sufficiently high (say, a measly ilvl 800 will probably struggle with some harder bosses.)
    Classes without self-heals - which, I suppose, is most of them now - are at a disadvantage to be sure, but I thought the trivializing "buff" to damage triggered as long as the mob levels were grey, regardless of actual expansion?

Classes without self-heals - which, I suppose, is most of them now - are at a disadvantage to be sure, but I thought the trivializing "buff" to damage triggered as long as the mob levels were grey, regardless of actual expansion?
    According to the patch notes
    Character progression is one of the defining characteristics of a role-playing game. Naturally, that means that we're continuously adding more power to the game for players to acquire. After 4 expansions and over 9 years of this growth, we've gotten to a point where the numbers involved are no longer easy to grasp. And worse, much of the granularity that's available is tied up in tiers of older content from Molten Core to Dragon Soul, none of which are really relevant anymore. It's no longer necessary for Borean Tundra quest gear to be nearly twice as powerful as Netherstorm quest gear, even though the two zones are only a couple of levels apart.

In order to bring things down to an understandable level, we've reduced the scale of stats throughout the game, back to as if they continued scaling linearly through questing content from levels 1 to 90. This applies to creatures, spells, abilities, consumables, gear, other items... everything. Your stats and damage have been reduced by a huge amount, but so have creatures' health. For example, your Fireball that previously hit a creature for 450,000 out of its 3,000,000 health (15% of its health), may now hit that same creature for 30,000 out of its 200,000 health (still 15% of its health). In effect, you will still be just as powerful, but the numbers that appear will be more easily parsed.
    It's important to understand that this isn't a nerf, and we have special handling in place to preserve players’ existing ability to solo old content. Players will deal bonus damage against lower-level creatures from past expansions, and will take reduced damage from them.
    To use the official graph:

(and ignore the part between 90 and 100 - our player power hasn't actually been reduced past level 90.)

As you can see, previously (high-tier/SoO mythic) level 90s are very overpowered compared to (low-tier) level 85s, and (high-tier/DS Heroic) level 85s compared to (low-tier) level 80s.
    (It's a graph for player power, but it's really player/monster power, since a monster's power is usually adjusted with regards to a player's power of the same level.)
    It's similar to how we're going to have 2M health in 110 while Feng the Accursed 10N only has 4M health (as a comparison, Lei Shen 25H has 40.9M, Mythic Thok has 33.5M, and Mythic Paragons has around 36M health combined [but effectively a little bit more, what with Korven and his amber]; not too much, but not too easy either for a newly-dinged 110.)

After the squish, a level 90 is very much not overpowered compared to a level 80. Obviously, that will make soloing impossible (for us non-tank scrubs), because soloing is based on a huge difference in power/item level, so Blizz gave us a modifier in old raids.
    It's probably relevant to mention that this is actually a significant buff - most people back then (at least those who have low ilvl; think of those ilvl 610 or 640 people who beg to be accepted into a Mythic SoO run) wipe on many Cata raids, but they can run them smoothly after the stat squish; it equalized things since it is your level that matters now in old raids, not your item level.

Many of us presumed that, since the reason for this modifier is to handle the stat squish, MoP raids would not be affected since our stats hasn't been squished since MoP, so our power relative to MoP stuff has always been the same.

Obviously, these are all guesses. Blizzard can - and maybe will - give us a modifier in 110 against MoP stuff.
    If only because I foresee an ocean of protests and threads about the injustice of it if they don't, although I bet there will be people who wipe to Mythic Garrosh anyway even with such a modifier.

(I've no idea why I wasted an hour on this, but I am putting this in my signature so I don't have to write it again next time.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Anyone attempted 25m mop raids yet? I just went and did HoF 10n and the bosses had same hp as level 110 rares. Couldn't be any easier.

Deleted
    Guess it's on for legion now. I've solo'd MSV 25hc easily since it's nerfed now, and ToT was relatively easy too. I had trouble in SoO 25hc due to Immerseus requiring lots of healing and I was just spamming everything as enhancement, but I made it before enrage. I tried on mythic but that required too much healing. I haven't made it past Galakras yet because I haven't found a buddy to help me out with the cannons, but everything besides that was easy at 823 ilvl (857 ilvl doomhammers) and shit trinkets with no actives.

Oh, sorry for not reading earlier - was busy with everything, especially my own mage soloing activities.

When you said ToT was relatively easy, do you mean you killed every single 25H boss there? And by what you said, I assume you successfully killed Mythic Immerseus, Fallen Protectors, Norushen and Sha of Pride?

Thanks!

Tried Grand Empress 25 yesterday. No go. No way to avoid the fear and/or 5 stack MC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
    Tried Grand Empress 25 yesterday. No go. No way to avoid the fear and/or 5 stack MC.
    I solo'd 25HC Grand Empress damn easy.

Quote Originally Posted by mherlevl View Post
    I solo'd 25HC Grand Empress damn easy.
    Great, mind telling us how?

Deleted
    It's been two weeks since when i attempted ToT 25 HC, got stuck on drumuru, ironic because during WoD i remained stuck on It untill i got enough gears, but from clearingToT 10 Hc during WoD i can affirm hardest boss will probably be Iron Qqor (untill we outgearbit by a lot )

It seems http://www.wowhead.com/item=132466/r...f-shaladrassil is the get go Legendary for soloing content ;D. Only Doing Mogu'shan 25Heroic but I don't loose any health whats so ever very funny (when your pinned by an arrow and can't die ;( )

will of the emporer 25Heroic was pretty easy (ilvl866 + roots of shaladrassil)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evermaw View Post
    It's been two weeks since when i attempted ToT 25 HC, got stuck on drumuru, ironic because during WoD i remained stuck on It untill i got enough gears, but from clearingToT 10 Hc during WoD i can affirm hardest boss will probably be Iron Qqor (untill we outgearbit by a lot )
    how did you get passed amber-shaper-unsok, he just one shots you when he casts reshape life, and i have ilvl865 and was unable to brute force him down ;(
    Last edited by Hirork; 2016-10-14 at 08:06 PM.

I soloed up to Pride in mythic SoO at ~863 ilvl. Pride required a group of at least 3 though because of the prisons. The fight ends immediately when he drops you in a prison, so it was impossible to solo. On Normal the only fight that can't be soloed is Galakras, because you need 2 people on the cannons to knock the dragon from the sky.

Immerseus enraged before I downed him, but the damage was manageable with self heals and bursting him down to limit the time he has to do damage. The fallen protectors took 3 attempts to take down because it's a long fight, and half of it is spent in CC, but it was doable with proper CD use and self healing to ensure I had enough HP to survive when CCed. I'd guess you need 2 minimum for Galakras for the cannons, but everything after should be fairly easy to solo on mythic.

Updated - nice job guys, and don't forget about Highmaul/Blackrock Foundry!

Quote Originally Posted by isaac2314 View Post
    Updated - nice job guys, and don't forget about Highmaul/Blackrock Foundry!
    Heart of Fear 25 Heroic till amber-shaper-unsok is possible, but amber-shaper is currently a dps race with ilvl865 it wasn't possible ;(

Terrace of Endless Spring 25 Heroic, everything but Sha, 66% Phase the Add that spawns just one shots you if it reaches the player, lightning bolt alone does not destroy it and due to boss mechanics its impossible to move

Ok with the 2nd submerge after 66%, it's possible with higher ilvl if one can burst sha of fear down, otherwise 2 adds spawn and you can kill one add but the other just one shots the player ;(

Edit did Durumu today... (25heroic) fucking dps race @865 with 2 potions of Deadly Grace + Bloodlust and insane proc luck i downed him... just 3 seconds short before he could kill me

http://imgur.com/a/uK0lF

Also got the Clutch of Ji-Kun

Ok... no Idea how to do Dark Animus 25 Heroic.... you just get one shot by the small adds oO

nope impossible to many small adds and http://www.wowhead.com/spell=138453/acceleration-link does the rest

maybe as Elemental nope the Maelstrom windup takes way to long...
    Last edited by Hirork; 2016-10-16 at 12:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirork View Post
    Heart of Fear 25 Heroic till amber-shaper-unsok is possible, but amber-shaper is currently a dps race with ilvl865 it wasn't possible ;(

Terrace of Endless Spring 25 Heroic, everything but Sha, 66% Phase the Add that spawns just one shots you if it reaches the player, lightning bolt alone does not destroy it and due to boss mechanics its impossible to move

Ok with the 2nd submerge after 66%, it's possible with higher ilvl if one can burst sha of fear down, otherwise 2 adds spawn and you can kill one add but the other just one shots the player ;(

Edit did Durumu today... (25heroic) fucking dps race @865 with 2 potions of Deadly Grace + Bloodlust and insane proc luck i downed him... just 3 seconds short before he could kill me

http://imgur.com/a/uK0lF

Also got the Clutch of Ji-Kun

Ok... no Idea how to do Dark Animus 25 Heroic.... you just get one shot by the small adds oO

nope impossible to many small adds and http://www.wowhead.com/spell=138453/acceleration-link does the rest

maybe as Elemental nope the Maelstrom windup takes way to long...
    Congrats on the mount! For dark animus you gotta stand in the corner furthest away from the boss, and nuke all the small adds you can. When the boss comes close you pop everything, offensive and defensive and keep nuking everything around you. If done fast enough then you don't die instantly.

Own progress:

I almost nuked Butcher 10N but get stomped around 10% with his frenzy.
    Killed Kargath easily along with Tectucs. Just saved CD's for when Tectus splits into 8.

I facerolled through Glory of the Draenor Hero too and only need the one in Auchindoun where u gotta carry the buff in a team.

I'm 849 now with 840 Chrono Shard and 835 Shock Baton. LvL 23 Artifact Wep.
    Last edited by mmoc168d078880; 2016-10-16 at 01:31 PM.

I'd like to say that I have killed Sha of Fear 25H on my enhancement shaman, I was about ilvl 854 at the time I believe.
    Last edited by Archov; 2016-10-22 at 05:56 AM.