Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    People exploit ... Blizz reacts ... and it changes how the rest of us play the game because events need to be structured in such as way that people like him can't exploit them any more. Pretty simple really. It's his prerogative to exploit and my prerogative to think he's an asshole for doing it.
    It is simple. If Blizzard decides that this is an exploit then they'll find a solution which has no impact on the vast majority who sit through four events and move on to the next invasion. It would be downright stupid for them to take what a fraction of players are doing and stamp a "one size fits all" nerf because some folks are leveling up quicker than others in an event which has been already tweaked to death to fulfill such a purpose thanks to their scaling tech.

Until Blizzard comes out and says that this is an exploit then the backseat moderators really need to put their pitchforks down until it's either acknowledged as such or no one gives a shit anymore because we'll be in Legion.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Didn't they hotfix this recently? Someone in my guild said they did.
    On a personal note, it seems that Blizzard has because I did DC once as stage 3 ended and when I got back in the stage 4 boss was dead and I had the lootbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    On a personal note, it seems that Blizzard has because I did DC once as stage 3 ended and when I got back in the stage 4 boss was dead and I had the lootbox.
    the guy i mention at the start of the post done it today for around 3/4 hours straight to 100 from 74+- ,so this didnt get fix or change until this moment

I switch between regions to reset the invasion, nothing wrong with it. I don't get extra chests, I don't get bonus xp after completing a stage. Sounds fair.

And seriously people should just relax and try to enjoy the invasions. Now with all the hotfixes they finally created an enjoyable, memorable event. Seeing 50+ people fly from Super Elite to Super Elite like a locust swarm is a sight to behold.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    What got hotfixed was being rewarded the stage XP over and over.

All this is, is relogging while based on the current rules its not bannable. But Blizzard can ban people for it or really anything if they want. The thing is in 10 days the event is over so I highly dough they give any fucks.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    By the fact, he's logging out, to return to a reseted event, multiple times. Which isn't how the mechanic is meant to be.
    Um, no. That is actually exactly how it is supposed to be.

The invasion starts for your character when you enter the zone. If you stay all the way to the end, you get the rewards. If you then X-realm to a different realm, the invasion restarts again (and will continue to do so until the duration timer on that particular invasion runs out). However, you can never get the ""major" rewards from a particular invasion more then once.

And if you leave the zone before the invasion finishes, it resets back to phase 1 again. It has always done this. Honestly, I am not really sure why he logs out and back in, other then it may just be easier to do then leave the zone and come back. Either way, he isnt really exploiting anything, just farming the mobs for exp.

And in the grand scheme of things, I doubt blizzard will touch this anyway, as Invasion frequency is supposed to ramp up 300% or so every week till legion launches. In the end weeks, all 6 invasions are going to be up full time, so not like whatever he is doing is going to make a significant difference.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2016-08-20 at 11:01 PM.

I accidentally went out of zone while gathering mats on my demon hunter(whose 100 so no exp) and had the invasion reset so if you wanna do this but your worried I'd suggest gathering mats and pretending you accidentally went out of zone.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    I accidentally went out of zone while gathering mats on my demon hunter(whose 100 so no exp) and had the invasion reset so if you wanna do this but your worried I'd suggest gathering mats and pretending you accidentally went out of zone.
    That's really all it is. This is ment to happen and logging out is just faster.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by shinedowNn View Post
    well i done this method 2 times then saw ppl saying its ban worthie so i stopped and just doing normal invasions every hour or so hopefully i wont get punish for what i did before

in any case the guy who streamed it was 74 few hours ago and he 97 so the method is rly effective

what he doing is log out during phase 4 loging in and its reseting it and he kill the mobs again in phase 1/2/3 then reset
    I don't think you will get banned for doing it yourself, but actively encouraging others to do so is I feel something more problematic in the long run.
    Blizzard wanted the xp to remain attractive so that players would participate actively.
    If that is inflated even more, then I wouldn't say that is serious enough on its own to warrant action against players for utilising it.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-08-20 at 11:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    who cares really?

people playing the game? better ban them...
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    who cares really?

people playing the game? better ban them...
    you win!!! (10 characters)

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Yeah he will probably catch shit hen blizzard sees this. But the boss mobs give fuck tons of xp. Last night i was getting 100k+ for some of them on my 87 paly. Went 87-91 in a couple invasions.
    I went 90-92 on my lock in 1 invasion... XP is horrendous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    So how do you actually do it? Just log out on phase 4?
    Since Phase 3 is pretty much a waste of time you just do Phase 1 & 2, then server hop to someone in Phase 1 or 2 (there should be enough in the Group Finder at all times) or log out and log back in. You'll be in Phase 1 again. Phase 3 isn't worth it. Just grinding 1 and 2 (or even only 2 if there's enough groups for that) will get you to 100 in like 10 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    I went 90-92 on my lock in 1 invasion... XP is horrendous.
    2 levels in 1 invasion and it's horrendous? You mean horrendous as in so much, or what? You expect to be 100 after one invasion or what?

10+ Year Old Account
    You can do the invasions the normal way, fight/tag mobs in each phase and get a ton of XP. I logged in last night at 90 on my priest, did a couple of invasions, was 91. did 9 more and I'm well into 95. That's 3 sets of 3 invasions a couple of hours apart so I'm not uber-focused on WoW every minute either. I've logged off between the invasions to do things, etc. so, yeah, he might be faster but I can't really complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Lixo View Post
    2 levels in 1 invasion and it's horrendous? You mean horrendous as in so much, or what? You expect to be 100 after one invasion or what?
    Guess he feels entitled to more xp per.

Who cares? It's not like the gear is good, and you can just buy level 100 anyway if you want to
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

people were doing this since day 1 for nethershards.

who gives a shit?

Intended, will basically have constant invasions on Tues anyway

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    people were doing this since day 1 for nethershards.

who gives a shit?
    My thoughts exactly, racing to 100 through normal or mechanic abuse has been around forever. It's not like grinding NPCs for EXP really leads to ANYTHING but hitting the cap. The only thing I could imagine Blizzard giving a shit about is hopping between invasions and quickly clearing them for boxed loot, and selling it non-stop. If there was say, a reliable way to get boxes constantly and infinitely... Yeah, I can see the problem.

But the gear sold from the boxes aren't worth THAT much for the time spent doing these things. There are much better ways to grind gold out.