Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So long, Ion, and thanks for all the vomit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kataroku View Post
    Blizzard thinks it's more fun to have you read every spell a boss is casting and somehow recall that "Enchantment Spring of Torment" causes a deadly wave to pass through the raid. How can I avoid it when the boss's foot takes up my entire screen? Doesn't the simple fact that people have been playing the game with maxed camera distance for years mean that the game is "fun" being played that way?

I like to be personally responsible for my own actions in raids. I want to be able to see when I'm in danger, and move on my own accord, rather than have a raid leader screaming at me to move away from something I can't even see.

This is reminiscent of the days when game designers used to think that mazes were awesome, except in this case, it's "fear" and frustration of the unknown; "We want players to be able to die to shit they can't see, it's more immersive!"
    that moment when people who don't belong in the mythic raiding scene complain about things that really won't be an issue.

this gives me flashbacks to that one addon that Blizzard completely nullified in ICC. when that addon was taken care of by Blizzard, things ended up being fine. this isn't the end of the world. If you really need to rely on an addon that has arrows which point at things or arrows that tell you where to go in raids, then maybe this kind of raiding isn't for you.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2016-08-21 at 02:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    that moment when people who don't belong in the mythic raiding scene complain about things that really won't be an issue.

this gives me flashbacks to that one addon that Blizzard completely nullified in ICC. when that addon was taken care of by Blizzard, things ended up being fine. this isn't the end of the world. If you really need to rely on an addon that has arrows which point at things or arrows that tell you where to go in raids, then maybe this kind of raiding isn't for you.
    Not sure why you quoted me... I was referring to the max camera distance, not addons which virtually play the game for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vreivai View Post
    "The intent is for augment runes to be a nice bonus to players in Raid Finder, not for Mythic raiders to feel that it is necessary to run Raid Finder."

Holy fuck they still don't understand raiding at all after all these years.

Thought I suppose the augment runes won't be what forces us to do LFR, given that loot from it will now have a random chance to be superior to mythic gear.
    If you feel the necessity to do LFR because of the very very very very very very small chance something will Titanforge to Mythic quality, that is your problem, and your problem alone.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

only things I'll miss is the range bubble in DBM. Was just a nice feature for the stand x yards apart. Gauging distance can be annoying in some zones, but I'll adapt. Really it was nice just to create "perfect" positioning. Wasn't because I couldn't figure out to be away, just it was nice to be as tight as possible.

Also, kind of sad Wraithion is again not very visible. I've been interested to see how he plays into the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madindehead View Post
    He didn't say addons are going. He just said addons that can track your position in raids and basically hold your hand to do stuff are dying. They will then design bosses around the fact that those addons don't exist.
    Basically no one will be able to make another Mythic Archimonde Lazer Weakaura, Which I am alright with it as it made that mechanic completely stupid proof. If your line is red you move, if it is green you stay put. There was no sense of worry or even cordination needed for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post

AVR is the addon your talking about, But it is true those who don't belong in Mythic raiding think this is the end of the world. If anything it will weed out those who are getting carried. An than those who actually have good awareness during raid & not relying on an addon will go on with their everyday lives. Healers I also think are over reacting about healing range. I'm possible that is something that will not be affected in this.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2016-08-21 at 03:22 AM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its ironic that you say "Those who dont belong in Mythic".

Its the Mythic people that made those addons in the first place. They made them to make their lives easier.

I doubt theyll break the range indicator. Itll be merely the Archimonde chains/Kormrok soaking etc that points you where to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post

Its the Mythic people that made those addons in the first place. They made them to make their lives easier.

I doubt theyll break the range indicator. Itll be merely the Archimonde chains/Kormrok soaking etc that points you where to go.
    Well that is exactly that is being broken, but the comment about "Those who dont belong in Mythic" is more about those who think the range indicator being removed is the end of the world & they can't function with out it. When really it is a small thing that really isn't even needed if your someone with good awareness. Most Mythic Raiders will mostly likely not even care or notice unless someone bring it up & that is where the comment comes from.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

And they will design bosses around not having add-ons to hold your hand..
    Suuuuuure they will. Just like they designed all the bosses to be nice and small because they were planning to reduce the camera zoom distance, right? Oh wait...

FFXIV has no addons. dbm in TBC only had timers and a list of people in range of you. Its not the end of the world. Its quite easy to adapt to it but it will def make people worse raiders if they relayed too heavy on them and can't adapt to the new meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Acww52 View Post
    FFXIV has no addons. dbm in TBC only had timers and a list of people in range of you. Its not the end of the world. Its quite easy to adapt to it but it will def make people worse raiders if they relayed too heavy on them and can't adapt to the new meta.
    Has an unofficial dps meter which is allowed as long as you aren't a dick with it. And apparently when ps3 support is dropped they want to implement their own ingame dps meter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post

Yes, made to make their lives easier. Not made to be relied on so raiders can be able to handle mechanics.

With addons like these, you're able to mindlessly handle mechanics. If you were able to, why wouldn't you take advantage of that? The problem is that people who complain and mention the fact that raiding is going to be harder without it is coming from those who probably don't belong in Mythic raiding guilds. I don't think any serious top raider would actually complain about the fact that the removal of this is going to make raiding harder for them. Mythic raiding is supposed to be hard, I don't think anyone should be complaining about anything in regards to difficulty unless an encounter is basically unkillable. I misunderstood the post that @Kataroku made and thought he was referring to the addon, but my point still stands.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2016-08-21 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    The only reason I see for people being against the addin change is either if they are raid leading a mythic guild full of baddies or if they themselves are baddies

Treasure Goblins removed... Blizzard hates fun.

What a stupid thing to break. Does Blizzard not understand that Kormrok, Kromrog, and even Iskar are impossible without positioning? If they want to break positioning, they better not make Mythic fights like those. You can't expect perfect positioning out of even the best groups without addons. Sure, group on raid markers and spreading out are easy, but the precision needed for those fights was dumb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    If you feel the necessity to do LFR because of the very very very very very very small chance something will Titanforge to Mythic quality, that is your problem, and your problem alone.
    He is talking about the need to have Runes as raider and how that forces you to do LFR or buy them, nothing about titanforged gear.

//inb4 discussion about being forced//

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    What a stupid thing to break. Does Blizzard not understand that Kormrok, Kromrog, and even Iskar are impossible without positioning? If they want to break positioning, they better not make Mythic fights like those. You can't expect perfect positioning out of even the best groups without addons. Sure, group on raid markers and spreading out are easy, but the precision needed for those fights was dumb.
    You honestly don't need those. I feel like people are getting carried by these addons. Good to see them go

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    You honestly don't need those. I feel like people are getting carried by these addons. Good to see them go
    That's not a problem at all. Reading through this thread, there's too many smug elitists who don't like certain players stepping foot in Mythic raids. I can't imagine why. Those players don't affect you and are of no concern to you.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    That's not a problem at all. Reading through this thread, there's too many smug elitists who don't like certain players stepping foot in Mythic raids. I can't imagine why. Those players don't affect you and are of no concern to you.
    I have no problem with people trying out mythic? As long as they dont use cheats for it

I really don't think you guys get the true extent of what they are breaking here. They aren't just breaking fancy lines and arrows. They are literally reverting the range checker back to the BC range checker. No radar, no dots. Just a list of names that are 10, 11, 15 or 28 yards away. There is no range 5 or range 6 anymore. it's inspect range, interact range, bandage range, type hacks. and yes those range checkers were hacks at best. Not very accurate and certainly not very customizable. Have to spread out 20 people with range 6? sorry not gonna happen anymore have to use range 10 even though it's much larger than actual requirement because range 6 requires unit positions.

Do you like spam? no, well too bad. Can't check unit positions, don't know if you're on the boat, or the platform. Mogu side or mantid? top of galakras tower or on road. etc. Can't check position, filters are GONE. Can't use smart location checks to go "this player only needs to know what's going on for boat". Now, timers and warnings for ALL yay!.

Their fix is stupid and not well thought out. if they wanted to break arrows and stuff they could have just broke something else like detecting player facing/angle, not breaking unit position checks. This is going to have side effects that are really dumb and a huge step backwards.