7+ Year Old Account

Shadow Bomb Combo Guide

A detailed look at Shadow Priest's burst combo.

A build that works really well not only in pvp but in dungeons, leveling and questing as well.

Enjoy

TL;DW

Shadow Crash + Shadowy Insight, possibly Mind Bomb for reliability for Shadow Crash.
    With Twist of Fate up, you mind bomb -> shadow crash -> mind blast -> void bolt for the pretty strong burst, possibly shadow word death at the 20%. Best used with Void Lord so that you can do this with Lingering Insanity. Pretty complicated but pretty strong.

Also (according to the author) Reaper of Souls creates a bad habit where you cast SW: D too early and the enemy ends up living.

I hate long videos like that. It's 4 minutes talking about talents only. Like geez.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephirdd View Post
    TL;DW

Shadow Crash + Shadowy Insight, possibly Mind Bomb for reliability for Shadow Crash.
    With Twist of Fate up, you mind bomb -> shadow crash -> mind blast -> void bolt for the pretty strong burst, possibly shadow word death at the 20%. Best used with Void Lord so that you can do this with Lingering Insanity. Pretty complicated but pretty strong.

Also (according to the author) Reaper of Souls creates a bad habit where you cast SW: D too early and the enemy ends up living.

I hate long videos like that. It's 4 minutes talking about talents only. Like geez.
    Maybe it was long but I'm glad you got the idea. That was the point. I want people to understand it fully, quickly. Mentioning which talents and why and how it works in a video less than 8 minutes is something I noticed isn't common where guides go for 20 to 45 minutes.

I do appreciate the feedback.

How is it in terms of dps, compared to StM classic build? It's intriguing me!

Also, did you test it live and/or on beta?

edit: i' m talking more about dungeons since spriest won't be that strong in mythic dungeons with classic build
    Last edited by Rainingblue; 2016-08-19 at 03:57 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainingblue View Post
    How is it in terms of dps, compared to StM classic build? It's intriguing me!

Also, did you test it live and/or on beta?

edit: i' m talking more about dungeons since spriest won't be that strong in mythic dungeons with classic build
    All of this is was made on live.
    This build works wonders in dungeons. It's the opposite of stm in terms of you having strong openers and strong medium health packs dps. The best part is you'll have it ready for every trash pull and on live I'm 8 out of 10 times top damage.

I have beta and its still crazy strong in dungeons. I can see this being the way to go on mythic trash, easy.

Thanks for watching it and I'm glad you're hype for spriests ������

I'll try this build asap

Just one more question, related to dungeon/trashes environment: Do you think shadowy insight is still better than the other talents in the row?

7+ Year Old Account
    For aoe i choose San'layn. For st I like si.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainingblue View Post
    I'll try this build asap

Just one more question, related to dungeon/trashes environment: Do you think shadowy insight is still better than the other talents in the row?
    Tried it on the PTR (only PvE), works pretty well. Still not close to comparable to the burst AoE specs but it's an improvement. Shadowy Insight procs a lot with many doted enemies. Stuck with Reaper of Souls purely for the insanity gain. LotV also means a very high uptime on Voidform, I was in VF every other trash pack.

Yea man, thats the biggest downer for me about shadow(and always has been) The lack of any real aoe. I dont foresee myself having the consistent schedule to be able to raid this expansion, and I am really looking forward to the mythic +'s as an alternative. Probably have to play an alt?

Nice video, thanks for sharing.

Mod Note: Videos like this are fine as it's contributing a discussion and you're not just advertising your channel. If other people have videos in a similar vein (Like the priest legendary video up in the spriest gen discussion thread) that's fine to post. I'll be making the legion video thread next weekend before the release of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good vid, bit long winded but whatever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Good vid, bit long winded but whatever.
    A legit question as I'm curious, what did you think of anboniwow's new guide he put up earlier?

And thank you, I won't promise that all my videos be short but I'll make the effort.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

i like how it zooms in on 96k as if thats a lot of damage or something.