Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    As someone who lives around there, do you think Trumps visit upset the rescue efforts?
    I can't be sure. If Edwards had to pull first responders off of their duties, like he said he would have to, then yes. Honestly, Trump's visit was meaningless and just slowed things down, from everything I've heard. I know there were people who were happy to see him there, but he basically used it as a chance to blame Obama for something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I already said it's possible he was criticized for that, but the main thing I remember(as an outsider) was the response getting shit on. His not being there was a minor aspect that some stupid people harped about.
    As someone who actually was there for the Hurricane, it was alllll over the news here.

It has been on their front page for a while now. Maybe you just missed it?
    Yeah, me and everyone else where. We just missed it.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    you mean people have donated alot to HER charity, she then uses 10% of it on people in need....and never americans
    How is it that you trot the same easily disproven lie that's been debunked over and over and over again out as if anyone still believes this.

There are about a billion sites which show how the Clinton Foundation spends its money. Over 80% goes to people in need, not 10%. It wasn't true the first time you lied, it won't be true the 2034093th time you lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    This, i dont fucking get why we all need to be suprised when people who live at or below sea level get flooded out every year or other year. Move the fuck out of there and you wont get flooded. Isnt that hard to figure out.
    This is why you need to actually pay attention... what happened was a 500 year flood (something that has a 0.2% of happening)... not something that happens every year... but I suspect you either ignored that or the media you chose to use didn't bother telling you that...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    He could offer to spur jobs for the local economy by moving operations from China and Mexico, since it's been so completely devastated by these floods.
    He won't do that, hes losing too much money as it is. If he loses the election, which is highly likely at this point, he won't be able to really forgive his debts to people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    http://circa.com/circa-now/happening...iana-next-week

yea i suppose a large donation of physical goods is just exploiting the situation
    note...the media doesnt see fit to tell anyone this
    He could have just sent the donations, and not gone down there for the 49 second photo op that he did. He could have actually listened to the fucking governor and actually have stayed away instead of going down there, unload 2 things, get a picture, and leave. What a waste of fucking time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been aware of the situation just by seeing it on their site since at least the 13th... http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/13/us/louisiana-flooding/
    Sunday night, which was the day the floods got really bad, there was one link 80% down the page under an underwear ad. :-P
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    That is from Saturday and the supposition was they were ignoring it. One of the biggest outlets and they have been covering it steadily for a week. Look it up and you'll find a similar situation from many outlets. But whatever, liberal media evil... Obama worse. Lets make America Trump's again!
    Totally not my point. I don't have an issue with Obama, and I'm glad he stayed away when the governor asked him to.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

The media would care if Harambe drowned in the flooding.

People may be wondering why I haven't responded to being"proven wrong" well the answer is I've been out helping in the Baton Rouge area, so prove me wrong all you want idc.

I admit I may have exaggerated a bit but it was a quick post to hopefully spread awareness to some of the right people of what's happening. Should I have picked a different title/point? sure. But once this became a politics argument I gave up on trying to correct myself in here.

The response of the media was very minimal when it could have made the biggest difference, and that is where my original post came from. Yes, it's everywhere now, no shit.
    Last edited by Kurve1776; 2016-08-21 at 03:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurve1776 View Post
    People may be wondering why I haven't responded to being"proven wrong" well the answer is I've been out helping in the Baton Rouge area, so prove me wrong all you want idc.

I admit I may have exaggerated a bit but it was a quick post to hopefully spread awareness to some of the right people of what's happening. Should I have picked a different title/point? sure. But once this became a politics argument I gave up on trying to correct myself in here.

The response of the media was very minimal when it could have made the biggest difference, and that is where my original post came from. Yes, it's everywhere now, no shit.
    How are y'all holding up down there? I've heard people are already running FEMA scams down there, but that things are getting better.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    How are y'all holding up down there? I've heard people are already running FEMA scams down there, but that things are getting better.
    I haven't personally seen the scams in action, not sure how wide-spread they actually are.

As for the people, the worst has passed for sure but there's a TON of work to be done. I have never been so proud to be a part of this community though, the amount that everyone is helping each other is amazing. I've seen people doing everything from handing out supplies to those that are in need to actually boating to a guy's house to get an urn with his mother's ashes in it. It is incredible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    The media would care if Harambe drowned in the flooding.
    Too soon

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Naaaa, too busy running himself 53 million in debt.

- - - Updated - - -

Not nearly fast enough.
    He's too busy hitting Kim K from the back.

He ain't got time for nonsense anymore. He's got the ass of asses.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    This is why you need to actually pay attention... what happened was a 500 year flood (something that has a 0.2% of happening)... not something that happens every year... but I suspect you either ignored that or the media you chose to use didn't bother telling you that...
    Except iv lost count the amount of times that place has flooded. Go look at simulations, if the water level raises 5m almost the whole southern part of that state is fucked. Its a horrible place to fucking live and people who rebuild rather than move away are just stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurve1776 View Post
    I haven't personally seen the scams in action, not sure how wide-spread they actually are.

As for the people, the worst has passed for sure but there's a TON of work to be done. I have never been so proud to be a part of this community though, the amount that everyone is helping each other is amazing. I've seen people doing everything from handing out supplies to those that are in need to actually boating to a guy's house to get an urn with his mother's ashes in it. It is incredible.
    One of my cousins headed down there mid-last week with a carload of supplies to help in the Baton Rouge. I know others are doing the same. Thanks for the work you are doing!

- - - Updated - - -

Except iv lost count the amount of times that place has flooded. Go look at simulations, if the water level raises 5m almost the whole southern part of that state is fucked. Its a horrible place to fucking live and people who rebuild rather than move away are just stupid.
    Funny thing, it didn't flood during Katrina, Rita, or even the storm afterward. I was there for Rita. It normally doesn't flood - no one has ever seen flooding like this, not even in 1983 (the last serious flooding in the area). So to say that you've "lost count of the amount of times that place has flooded" is dumb. You realize that Louisiana is a whole state, right? These places are spaced out quite a bit.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    The news has been covering the floods though...

Resident Cosplay Progressive

One of my cousins headed down there mid-last week with a carload of supplies to help in the Baton Rouge. I know others are doing the same. Thanks for the work you are doing!

Glad to hear they're helping too it's tough work but none of the people affected deserved this in any way, so I've been doing all I can to help. Unfortunately my classes start back up Monday so my involvement in Baton Rouge ended today. I truly hope that everyone can get back to their lives as quickly as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny thing, it didn't flood during Katrina, Rita, or even the storm afterward. I was there for Rita. It normally doesn't flood - no one has ever seen flooding like this, not even in 1983 (the last serious flooding in the area). So to say that you've "lost count of the amount of times that place has flooded" is dumb. You realize that Louisiana is a whole state, right? These places are spaced out quite a bit.

I tend to ignore the clearly uninformed posts, but it seems that for some reason they keep cascading off of each other here. As is the internet I suppose
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    How is it that you trot the same easily disproven lie that's been debunked over and over and over again out as if anyone still believes this.

There are about a billion sites which show how the Clinton Foundation spends its money. Over 80% goes to people in need, not 10%. It wasn't true the first time you lied, it won't be true the 2034093th time you lie.
    so taking money from warlords and dictators in return for favors is charity to you?
    the clintons only help themselves, and you are the one lying

but i never expect better from sjws, globalists are fans of corruption

10+ Year Old Account
    Baton Rouge is 56ft ASL (>17m), Which is higher than NYC. I know that looking at a map is HARD. You've lost count? Really? Surely you jest. Simulations you say? Show me.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obama's not here because the governor of the state asked him not to come.
    That's what the story was changed to, to cover for his refusal to stop his vacation. Don't kid yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    That's what the story was changed to, to cover for his refusal to stop his vacation. Don't kid yourself.
    Citation needed.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama