Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sabe View Post
    Isn't real game is always the problem? I remember how they advertised SWTOR and what happened on release. They released an unfinished game with bugs after 6 years. The developer had experienced team and funds but obviously they needed another year to finish the game. How much they spent for marketing?
    GTA 5 took 5 years too. They had their team, facilities and funds ready. How much they spent for marketing?

I am OK if SC needs another 3 years to release maybe 4.
    I have had so much fun in 2.5, have you ever experienced a disaster?
    Don't bother feeding the troll, apparently the moderators here don't care about about trolls. The game hasn't even been in full development for 3 years, so the reality is that we may not see universe testing in full swing for at least another year. The fact that CIG has made the game accessible for testing right from the outset should show that there is progress being made. I can deal with a game that is still probably another year and a half from realistically getting out of alpha having FPS issues, and 15 FPS is a fucking stretch since that isn't even unplayable and bugs are what they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't take long for EvcRo to start bugging this thread again. Not even going to bother reading his asinine posts.

As for Gamescom, it looked fantastic. Seeing the planetary landings and on planet fighting is awesome, I'm so excited for what's to come. I've taken a break from the current SC as there isn't much to do once you've flown around enough, and I have enough other games to play. But as soon as 3.0 comes out I will be jumping back on.

Seriously impressed with how far the game has come.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EvcRo View Post
    snip

Does it piss you off that you took all that time to write that long post, and 99% didn't even read the first 5 words.

Really cool preview... the hype is real. Shame it will release in 2022 with all the features they want to implement :P

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Really cool preview... the hype is real. Shame it will release in 2022 with all the features they want to implement :P
    Honestly, there are quite a number of features that I don't expect to be available when the game goes into a live state and will be at least a few months late. We are looking at 2 years before that happens anyway so who knows. I think the biggest thing is once the procedural universe is actually hashed out and all of the mechanics of the base game get finished such as the space combat, ship customization, on foot combat with no gravity and transferring between worlds, the rest of the environment is just a matter of actually designing the planets and the solar systems themselves. Integrating so many different aspects into one game is probably the biggest challenge in this game, while designing planets and what a solar system is going to look like is probably a lot easier.

i posted facts
    The day you post anything even remotely resembling facts, I will eat my own arm.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Shame WoW will release in 2022 with all the features they will ever implement.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Shame WoW will release in 2022 with all the features they will ever implement.
    Don't be too hard on the guy!

It was funny lol
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Star Citizen is a classic scam example. They've been bullshitting their backers since 2013, without ever delivering something finished. I would like somebody to class sue and bankrupting them, as they give a bad name to indie developers who earnestly use fundraising.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Star Citizen is a classic scam example. They've been bullshitting their backers since 2013, without ever delivering something finished. I would like somebody to class sue and bankrupting them, as they give a bad name to indie developers who earnestly use fundraising.
    You guys...

I don't even have any words for this kind of sad bitterness. I pity you.

Quote Originally Posted by sabe View Post
    Isn't real game is always the problem? I remember how they advertised SWTOR and what happened on release. They released an unfinished game with bugs after 6 years. The developer had experienced team and funds but obviously they needed another year to finish the game. How much they spent for marketing?
    GTA 5 took 5 years too. They had their team, facilities and funds ready. How much they spent for marketing?

I am OK if SC needs another 3 years to release maybe 4.
    I have had so much fun in 2.5, have you ever experienced a disaster?
    Yes, if given enough time SC will no doubt deliver on the majority of promised features.

The question is do they have that time?
    a dev team of 300+ in multiple locations burns through money surprisingly fast and I fully expect them to run out well before release.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Yes, if given enough time SC will no doubt deliver on the majority of promised features.

The question is do they have that time?
    a dev team of 300+ in multiple locations burns through money surprisingly fast and I fully expect them to run out well before release.
    is it not a bit naive to think the only money they have is just from fund raising, they will have multiple sponsors and the ability to rent/sell tech they have designed for the game for other uses, next year we should have squadron 42 and not long after that the universe should quickly come together.

The planet gen tech alone looks much better than what elite or no mans sky have done.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    is it not a bit naive to think the only money they have is just from fund raising, they will have multiple sponsors and the ability to rent/sell tech they have designed for the game for other uses, next year we should have squadron 42 and not long after that the universe should quickly come together.

The planet gen tech alone looks much better than what elite or no mans sky have done.
    The scope of the game is simply to big, yes they have funds outside of the fund raiser but the sheer scope is so big you can give an established AAA studio 500 million and tell em to make it they will say "we probably cant".

As for squadron 42 next year. I will believe it when I see it.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The scope of the game is simply to big, yes they have funds outside of the fund raiser but the sheer scope is so big you can give an established AAA studio 500 million and tell em to make it they will say "we probably cant".
    With that mindset they would have already failed. And you're right, most studios wouldn't even try. Heck most of what the AAA studios are releasing are rehashed sequels with minor changes between releases, and a very large portion of their budget goes into marketing rather than actual development.

Will SC ever hit 1.0 release? Who knows. But what they have done so far is quite impressive, and that Alpha 3.0 demo put most other AAA games to shame.

Christ, who was that narrating the Gamescom presentation? "Let's aahhhhh get in the ship and aahhhhhhhh fly to the planet ahhhhhhhh where we will land and aahhhhhhhh walk around." Almost unlistenable.

Anyway, it looks very pretty although the frame rate looked rough. Any ETA on a release?

As for squadron 42 next year. I will believe it when I see it.
    The scope of the game in reality is not that big, they are building all the tech they wanted from scratch so it will work properly with the game, by the end of the year we should have the first iteration of planet tech implemented, as for squadron 42 it will probably only consist of maybe a few planets, planet systems, but mostly its you taking the role of a dog fighter, may involve some marine combat and ship boarding scenarios and such but that is only a small portion of the game, squadron 42 is pretty much a prologue before you start the real game.

What is the point in games these days if a developer doesn't have the imagination to develop something most would not even consider, that's how the games industry develops and stays fresh, lately games are stale and not nearly as exciting as they used to be.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    How can a game in alpha still be finished? Oh wait.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post

Only one of the chapters for Squadron 42 is going to be included, this is where a lot of people seem to think that they are going to run out of money. If chapter one pans out and they price the rest of it right, people will buy them in droves. I figure there is potential for another 20 million in sales just from Squadron 42 expansion chapters.

Deleted
    the truth about SC and gamescom 2015

It's all bullshit. It's staged using an R&D dev branch which was already shown two weeks ago and CLEARLY STATED BY THE DEVS to be in R&D and (I quote): may never be done.

Sources say it was heavily scripted, and even that quest giver animation was done last month specifically for THIS canned/scripted Gamescom presentation.

Even the barren moon used for the procgen, anyone with access to CryEngine can put together in a weekend.

Note that they did this SAME thing ELEVEN months ago when it too was "coming soon". That was the Nyx (https://vimeo.com/137655209) base. Still MIA.

Aside from that, this was 2 clients in a controlled environment on a private local LAN server. Which is NOT indicative of the shit that was being streamed just days before at the show. And THAT version which is the 2.4x kernel, is still largely broken. Which, when you think about it, is hilarious that the 2.5 build they were hoping to use, is somehow a LOT worse than that one; so they couldn't even use it.

It's all designed to show "progress" where there is none. This was more to appease the whales (stuck in Sunk Cost Fallacy), and somehow con new gamers into giving them money because they DO need the new money.

Thing is, if this was 2 years ago, and they hadn't done this SAME SHIT before with various builds at PAX, GDC, E3, Gamescom, CitizenCon, nobody would care. But now, FIVE years - and going into year SIX and $119m later, this is still a pre-Alpha proof-of-concept tech demo that's nothing more than a glorified CryEngine mod.

Then there's Star Marine which they shit-canned months back. I wrote a huge blog about it amid the uproar. Then Chris went on the record and said that he was "annoyed" that people are asking about something that was "already in the game". Yes. With a straight face, he said that SM was already in the PU and being played.

Now that State and Fed officials are looking up their skirt, and given the fact that Star Marine - as a separate module - was PROMISED and PROMOTED for over FOUR years, all of a sudden, it's back again. That's what happens when you start to worry about the legal liabilities of your actions.

Not to mention the fact that the games were due out in Nov 2014. It's now Aug 2016. And neither Star Citizen nor SQ42 is going to be released before year end. So this Nov makes BOTH of them TWO YEARS late.

NONE of this sways my opinion about the game. They can't build it. They don't have the tech. They don't have the expertise. And now they've run out of TIME and MONEY.

Anyone who thinks this "game" is ever seeing the light of day, should just ignore me and go give them money.

To be CLEAR: This is NOT about raging against them for "trying". It's about HOW they've LIED CONSISTENTLY while raising money for a game they KNOW FULLY WELL they can't build. Also, it's not about whether or not it's alpha, pre-alpha, a tech demo or any of that. It's about THIS being WHAT they have FIVE years and $119 MILLION dollars later. Anyone who thinks that's somehow OK, SHOULD go give them money. Long after this shit-show collapses, most of us will just be staring into the abyss where dreams go to die.

It's amazing to me how Shitizens are claiming "victory" over a scripted demo based on wonky R&D. Like the games were suddenly delivered. Even as they conveniently ignore/forget that CIG have done this same very thing many times before and NONE of that is IN the game right now. Shitizens wanted "something" to tide them for the next 6 months. then come Dec 2016, they're going to (again) pretend Gamescom 2016 never happened. Meanwhile, they're completely oblivious to the fact that NEITHER Star Citizen now SQ42 is a 2016 release & BOTH will be 2 YEARS late in Nov 2016
    Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-08-21 at 07:47 PM.

the truth about SC and gamescom 2015
    Source? The inaccuracy of the "article" in incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Christ, who was that narrating the Gamescom presentation? "Let's aahhhhh get in the ship and aahhhhhhhh fly to the planet ahhhhhhhh where we will land and aahhhhhhhh walk around." Almost unlistenable.
    Anyway, it looks very pretty although the frame rate looked rough. Any ETA on a release?
    That would be Chris Roberts himself 'narrating' lol... And yeah, he definitely sounded unprepared this time around. As far as ETA, as he said in the video: he tends to get reamed whenever he brings up hard dates. He said Alpha 3.0 before the end of the year.