Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Got Killed By A Monk, So I Rolled One!

On my lock I have been having lots of trouble with WW/Rogue so I started both .. Outlaw/Assa are really solid team players with amazing control .. hated how I died with no CoS/Vanish so I never maxed it but will continue to play Outlaw as its fun shooting peeps in the arse ..

Next I dusted off my old WW and started playing again .. after the initial +10hours of getting the hang of positioning I started to see why I always get shut down completely when a WW looks at me ...

First off 30% HP self heal (instant) on a 30sec CD
    Quick cast heal that uses resources (good strength)
    Melee interrupt (4sec) on a 15sec CD
    Ranged Incap (interrupt) on a 15sec CD
    AE Stun 5sec (Interrupt) on a 45sec CD
    Karma 6sec transfer all damage
    40 yard port (forget CD) (interrupt)
    40 yard all the way back flying kick thingy with a +70% snare
    Snare 50% that refreshes with melee attacks
    On demand 8sec Root

As a Warlock now I have a new found respect for this build .. Outlaw also with free gouge / kick / ranged stun / cloak .. But WW its pointless to even play the duking game as no matter what I do WW will have an interrupt ready ..

tl;dr

As a DPS caster DO NOT FAKE CAST EVER .. no point, you eat the interrupt this way at least your healer has x1 less interrupt to worry about ..

I personally feel like monks have way too much utility.. get rid of that 15 sec cd paralyze and I'd be fine.

Deleted
    15% every 30 seconds or 30% every minute.
    Quick cast heal that uses resources
    hence it heals for very little
    as any other melee
    lasts only 4 seconds and is the only real CC they have (stuns are used on target)
    like any melee
    On demand 8sec Root
    it lasts 3s on players and breaks on damage (could be 1.5 seconds even don't remember)

-> so they only strenghts we could be complaining about are:

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    as any other melee
    Actually, this stuff needs normalization badly.

Every melee has the interupt on a 15sec CD, but the duration of the spelllock is widly different.

Survival hunters / enhance shaman is 3sec, Monks and a most others melee is 4, for some reason rogue is 5.
    I have no clue why this is still like this. :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noocta View Post

Every melee has the interupt on a 15sec CD, but the duration of the spelllock is widly different.

Survival hunters / enhance shaman is 3sec, Monks and a most others melee is 4, for some reason rogue is 5.
    yeah, I think this is a problem too. they should make it so that every lock out is 3 seconds imo

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    On my lock I have been having lots of trouble with WW/Rogue so I started both .. Outlaw/Assa are really solid team players with amazing control .. hated how I died with no CoS/Vanish so I never maxed it but will continue to play Outlaw as its fun shooting peeps in the arse ..

Next I dusted off my old WW and started playing again .. after the initial +10hours of getting the hang of positioning I started to see why I always get shut down completely when a WW looks at me ...

Quick cast heal that uses resources (good strength)
    Karma 6sec transfer all damage
    40 yard port (forget CD) (interrupt)
    On demand 8sec Root

As a Warlock now I have a new found respect for this build .. Outlaw also with free gouge / kick / ranged stun / cloak .. But WW its pointless to even play the duking game as no matter what I do WW will have an interrupt ready ..

tl;dr

As a DPS caster DO NOT FAKE CAST EVER .. no point, you eat the interrupt this way at least your healer has x1 less interrupt to worry about ..
    As long as you only maintain 1 UA at a time and refrain from dumping shards into him before he uses karma at 110 WW cant kill u, just avoid getting kicked while specced into essence drain and use curse of weakness when he's in peak damage , you do have a 50% heal with HS if you 're forgetting

Kick = fake cast it.
    Stun = trinket the 2nd one, dark pact the first.
    Incapacitate= who cares your dots are still ticking.
    Shield wall on karma and drain to sustain.

PS: the point of fake casting is to make the opponent use his interrupt without locking you, I don't know what sort of world people are living in thinking they should never fake cast so they dont use it on healer. just fake cast so neither you nor your healer can get interrupted.
    Last edited by wholol; 2016-08-20 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebanese Dude View Post
    pun intended?
    Last time I rolled a monk, it was down a hill.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

i've been leveling a monk, but getting fucked over by their openis didn't make me do it.

retardedly strong class, they get everything and damage on top of it. more mobility than a demon hunter, ways remove snares, snares, stuns, and then that ridiculous karma shit.

Shaman and humter are shorter cause ranged. Rogue clearly doesnt need a longer kick though with all thier cc, let alone unreal damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    As long as you only maintain 1 UA at a time and refrain from dumping shards into him before he uses karma at 110 WW cant kill u, just avoid getting kicked while specced into essence drain and use curse of weakness when he's in peak damage , you do have a 50% heal with HS if you 're forgetting

Kick = fake cast it.
    Stun = trinket the 2nd one, dark pact the first.
    Incapacitate= who cares your dots are still ticking.
    Shield wall on karma and drain to sustain.

PS: the point of fake casting is to make the opponent use his interrupt without locking you, I don't know what sort of world people are living in thinking they should never fake cast so they dont use it on healer. just fake cast so neither you nor your healer can get interrupted.
    I love it when people like you think fake casting is equal in skill to kicking. Kicking a 1.5 second cast is mind. Numbingly easy.
    Fake casting when 1 if not more melee are sitting you? Gimme a break. The chasm in skill cap surrounding interrupts is w8der than the grand canyon.

Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    Shaman and humter are shorter cause ranged. Rogue clearly doesnt need a longer kick though with all thier cc, let alone unreal damage.

- - - Updated - - -

I love it when people like you think fake casting is equal in skill to kicking. Kicking a 1.5 second cast is mind. Numbingly easy.
    Fake casting when 1 if not more melee are sitting you? Gimme a break. The chasm in skill cap surrounding interrupts is w8der than the grand canyon.
    Survival Hunter one isn't ranged and it's 3sec. The Hunter ranged one is 3sec but 24sec CD like Mages and felhunters.

DH Havoc one isn't ranged and it's also 3sec.

Feral is 13yard ranged, but it's 4sec, but the DK is 3sec despite having the same kind of range.

There's just no rule, this shit is all over the place.
    Last edited by Noocta; 2016-08-21 at 05:25 AM.

Survival Hunter one isn't ranged and it's 3sec. The Hunter ranged one is 3sec but 24sec CD like Mages and felhunters.

DH Havoc one isn't ranged and it's also 3sec.

Feral is 13yard ranged, but it's 4sec, but the DK is 3sec despite having the same kind of range.

There's just no rule, this shit is all over the place.
    I know hunters is 24 sec which makes no sense really but was typing on phone and didn't feel like adding that. You are correct that there is no clear hard and fast rule but off a bit on some of your points.

Dh is 20 yards, 3 out of 15 sec.
    DK is 15 yards 3 out of 15 sec.
    Rogue, warrior, monk, and paladin are melee range, rogue 5 and others 4 out of 15 seconds.
    feral/guardian is 13yards and 4 out of 15sec.
    Counter spell and spell lock are 40 yards and 6 out of 24 seconds.
    priest only has a flat 5 out of 45 second blanket silence (still very good)
    shaman 30 yards and 3 out of 15 sec
    hunter is 40 yards and 3 out of 24 sec

Rogue has probably the best interrupt, with shaman coming in second because the rage makes it extremely powerful for enhance, as well as making resto the only healer spec with an interrupt. Rogue will always have it's tricks; cloak, vanish, gouge, kidney etc, plus it got new things like vial of blood, but with such a complete bag of skills, it's damage just shouldn't be as high, at least in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    15% every 30 seconds or 30% every minute.

hence it heals for very little

as any other melee

lasts only 4 seconds and is the only real CC they have (stuns are used on target)

like any melee

it lasts 3s on players and breaks on damage (could be 1.5 seconds even don't remember)

-> so they only strenghts we could be complaining about are:
    my friend the heal has x2 charges .. so 30% every 30sec

Uuuuuuhhhhh... It gains a charge every 30 seconds? So you wait 60 seconds for 2 charges.

I would love to understand how you cut the cooldown in half.

Deleted
    It doesn't generate both charges at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    Uuuuuuhhhhh... It gains a charge every 30 seconds? So you wait 60 seconds for 2 charges.

I would love to understand how you cut the cooldown in half.
    Went back and tested it, like I said new to the class, and indeed its a strange one .. WW starts off with x2 charges that can be used any time for 15%+15% BUT the CD's are indeed independent .. So the WW has on demand a 30% heal but once used needs to wait 30sec for x1 charge to return and another 3sec for the other charge to return ..

Confusing, so while the ability to use the 15%+15% heal can over lap the CD will not overlap and will refresh independently.

Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    Your point is? read my post again, do I mention skill in fake casting anywhere? please refrain from throwing random shit at people .

Saying fake casting should be done to avoid being interrupted does not mean I'm talking about fake casting and skill, and fake casting 2 melee on u is something any decent caster can do, unless kickbots are in play.
    Last edited by wholol; 2016-08-21 at 10:57 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy my WW Monk actually feels relevant in PvP again after WoD.

WW is good but far from a top melee. I'd put it at 4th spot under rogue > demon hunter > feral. Note how all 4 top melees are leather-wearers with insane mobility -- I count stealth as mobility!

Meanwhile survival, warrior and DK are the laughing stock of PvP world because they can't get close to anything, they die in seconds, their healing is terrible, AND they do less damage than the leathers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    I'm happy my WW Monk actually feels relevant in PvP again after WoD.
    DK / WW wasn't 'relevant'?