Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Amazing how after 12 years the endless whine of getting ganked is still going strong.

Yer lets not get rid of faction restrictions. We have already lost so many role playing elements.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    If you're talking about the named in Dun Morogh who turns individual players, yeah, whatever. But come on, it's a stretch to take that one named and say that you can be attacked on a PVE server by the opposite faction as if it were a general issue.
    Its is when you joined a PvE realm specifically to NOT have to deal with PvP yet the boss leaves your PvP flag on

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like the horde versus alliance thing hasn't been done well since Vanilla. It always feels like it's tacked on and kept there for the sake of the demented individuals that clamor for it for the sake of their boredom when not doing other activities. World PVP hasn't been good since Vanilla. It seems to me that people aren't having "fun" in world PVP unless they are incredibly overpowered or outnumbering their enemies. That is dumb. The story is talking about all this cooperation BS as in Azeroth versus The Burning Legion and The Light versus The Void.

Op, please think about what you've done and punish yourself properly for it.

These invasions are very well done. Arguably there is more content (and better quality content!) than literally every single pre-expansion event we've ever gotten in this game and you're whining because opposing factions can't group with each other? Enough. Seriously.

I'm to busy drinking tears and swimming in a fat stack of bloody coins. These threads make my cold heart melt.
    There are a million fine looking women in this world but not all of them will bring you lasagna at work. Most of them will just cheat on you.

Its is when you joined a PvE realm specifically to NOT have to deal with PvP yet the boss leaves your PvP flag on
    So that happened to you one time, and then you avoided that mob, right? Problem solved.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    One of the bosses ( a dreadlord ) turns PvP on every time he appears
    That guy outside Ratchet, too? (Or are they the same guy?)

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    That guy outside Ratchet, too? (Or are they the same guy?)
    That is who he is talking about. I however would guess that unless you target and attack an enemy faction player during that, you do not flag. I have dealt with that boss several times on different characters, and never been PVP flagged afterwords. Yes I did get the debuff where friendlies were attackable, but I didn't attack them.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    No you can't. Because I've played a ton of invasions on my PVE server alliance toons and have never once been attacked despite the fact that I'm surrounded by Horde most of the time.
    ive had it happen enough. In gagedzan and Crossroads ive had it happen most but aslo in others

Guys, guys - don't be so hard on gankers. We've all had a horde rogue/hunter (and DH now) when we were thirteen years old and bad in arenas / battlegrounds.

Bitching to bitch haha

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    No. Just....no.

- - - Updated - - -

You shouldn't need guards to do your pvping for you. If you hate pvp so much then "durp" don't play on a pvp server.

- - - Updated - - -

You excepted that risk when you foolishly decided to play on a pvp server. Suck it up or leave.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not lore and no the faction restrictions should NEVER be removed. This is World of WARcraft. Not "Hello Kitty island adventure". The Horde and Alliance are still enemies. The only reason we band together is because "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". We unite ONLY because of greater threats but we still don't like each other. Get over it or move on.
    All this is utter tripe and nonsense bud. go back to school and if you haven't started it yet these responses make sense. I am glad you are happy with things, my comments are still valid, guards are disabled, the experience has changed, and a small group of folks can ruin in particular low levels days during the event with no repurcussions. Its much better at higher level though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Op, please think about what you've done and punish yourself properly for it.

These invasions are very well done. Arguably there is more content (and better quality content!) than literally every single pre-expansion event we've ever gotten in this game and you're whining because opposing factions can't group with each other? Enough. Seriously.
    is borean tundra a pvp server? LMFAO, I would enjoy having the ability to group with aliance in certain conditions to kill players like yourself but your not on a pvp server but have your dumb 2 cents anyways. LOL

7+ Year Old Account
    You guys complain about the dumbest crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearsom1992 View Post
    Bitching to bitch haha
    Was a recomendation.

1. does the theme of the expansion reflect co-operation with the factions? (Yes)
    2. does the prelaunch event enable the factions to work together to defeat a common enemy? (yes)

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are flagged on a PvE server, it means you are inviting the PvP aspect of it. I am going to assume you like world PvP and so flagged yourself. You are a free target.

Also Blizzard's stupid tab target algo seems to like to pick opposite faction flagged people over trash mobs for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    That's not lore and no the faction restrictions should NEVER be removed. This is World of WARcraft. Not "Hello Kitty island adventure". The Horde and Alliance are still enemies. The only reason we band together is because "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". We unite ONLY because of greater threats but we still don't like each other. Get over it or move on.
    if you really want to put lore into the motivations then you are deadly wrong, the players aka adventurers aren't part of the alliance/horde and don't abide to what the warchief/king of the day command. The players are sellsword accepting jobs for a monetary rewards or good equipment.

The only players that can be considered active part of horde/alliance army are those who do rated BG and earn the military titles like warlord/general.

Now i do understand that pvp server need to have 2 faction and i concur that would be dumb to change this, but pve server should be free for all, factions as npc should stay as they are but players guild should be allowed to recruit cross faction, lfr and lfd both automated and no should allow cross faction.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

While I think its incredibly cheap to attack someone that is currently engaged in an NPC during an invasion, its 100% fair in accordance with the rules of pvp servers, and I wouldn't want that changed. But the people who do it should be shamed.

Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    Great invasions feel immersive, everyone working together, even the guards at these places no longer attack the factions.

Yet they don't let u invite the other faction to participate property? The stragglers who wish to gank would be dropped in 2nds by the participating raid.

Instead you have one faction getting griefed by a handful of the other, with no guard support at all.

Am I a whiner: perhaps but whatever I recommended in legion to allow the factions to group together under certain circumstances this seems logical.
    They should have done all the work needed for this and missed out a few Legion raids? Making major changes to computer systems does not consist of sitting there with a can of pop and telling the servers what you want.

It's a few weeks. I sure hope they didn't spend too much time perfecting it.