Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yea, plus they sell boosts for 60 dollars anyway. Stick it to the man!

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    I went 90-92 on my lock in 1 invasion... XP is horrendous.
    Was that rested XP? Because I think I've exhausted all of mine on my five leveling alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    Since Phase 3 is pretty much a waste of time you just do Phase 1 & 2, then server hop to someone in Phase 1 or 2 (there should be enough in the Group Finder at all times) or log out and log back in. You'll be in Phase 1 again. Phase 3 isn't worth it. Just grinding 1 and 2 (or even only 2 if there's enough groups for that) will get you to 100 in like 10 hours.
    Actually,Phase 4 is worse.

Phase 1 and 3 are the best.

1- They are all in one place so is easy to get the exp.

3-The npcs are everywhere but if you plan correctly you can gain 1-2 levels.

Phase 4 you have one boss that most abilities can kill you and make you loss half of the exp gain.
    Last edited by Darktbs; 2016-08-21 at 04:17 AM.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

I would imagine it would be considered an exploit, since he is basically resetting the invasion to farm it for xp again (and the small box you get after the second stage (or is it after the first stage).

Why bother?

The invasions give an insane amount of xp, exploiting it for more xp is just crazy greedy and it is kind of stupid to risk a ban over it, especially with the x-pac launching in about a week.

He deserves a ban for it, just for being dumb and greedy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I lolled with this. So now logging out is exploitative behavior. Like screw logic entirely. Instead of all your bitterness here why don't you just report the bloody thing and tell us the results. Oh wait then you wouldn't have anything to post because oh wait logging in and out of a game ain't exploiting anything.
    He's not "just logging out." Didn't you read the op? He's purposely resetting the event to reap the xp rewards again. Which I imagine would be considered an exploit.

If its not meant to be then why it resets per log out. Or you have many other examples of blizzard allowing such stuff to go on while they re not meant to be? Raids don't reset by log outs. BGs don't reset by log outs. Dungeons don't reset by log outs, NOTHING resets by log out except this. You know why? Because its intended to reset.
    It resets with log outs because it is programmed to put you in a "map" that is at Stage one when you enter the zone. When you log out before the event finishes you trick it into thinking you are just logging into the zone when you log back in. Simple, really. Blizz programmed it this way so you wouldn't have to worry about being late to the party when you travel to the invasion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Logging off at stage 4? Seems like a massive XP loss, but maybe once you get flying, it's more efficient.

I know at lower levels, maximum xp/hour is to log off after stage 2, especially if you're doing it in the Barrens.

You don't get a box ever again regardless how many times you reset. You only get 2 boxes per invasion even if you reset them 1000 times. Get your facts straight please. Also as I said you can zone out for whatever legitimate reason and re-zone and its reset. So how exactly would you prove "exploitation". Seriously man...
    Even if you don't get the box, you get the xp- which is the real bonus. Also, if you read the op, he is constantly logging in and out to reset it until he reaches 100. It should be obvious to anybody looking at it. He also put the info on the net, I am sure Blizz has access to the net. With all that info, how is he possibly going to claim it was legitimate- that basically makes no sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Also if you exit the zone it resets. Show me where it says that "Once a player enters an invasion they are not allowed to log out or zone out or otherwise reset it". Do you understand how ridiculous your argument is? You can log out as many times as you want for whatever reason you want. If the invasion resets its not your problem for logging out.

Phone rings I log out. Log back in oh look its reset lets finish it. Oh wait phone again log out. Oh shit reset again must finish it. Oh the door rang log out. Omg reset again wtf must finish it.

Yeah ok ban me for exploiting. Rofl
    Yeah but he is doing it hundreds of times and he put it out on the net that he is purposefully doing it. Do you read the op?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the issue since you don't gain any additional stage rewards. You are basically mob grinding in a regular zone but this zone gives superior exp.

Yes man I read the OP the problem is you still dont get the message that even if he does it for the purpose of exploiting as you like to call it because of whatever reasons you have, proving that he did it to exploit is impossible.

So to put this behind us: Blizzard knows. If they didn't want it to reset it wouldn't reset. Its not exactly hard to have a player SAVED to the invasion after he finished stage 1. Get it?
    I am sure they do know and we will see what action they take. Blizzard is notoriously slow to ban people, it usually takes them months of investigating it. I do not think he will get banned even if it is exploitive, it is just not worth the trouble. I also personally do not care if he gets banned or not, I worry about what I do- I really don't care what he does, I was just responding to the op.

I also doubt that Blizzard wanted you to log in and out hundreds of times just to level your toon through invasions...... They might not care enough to ban you, but I highly doubt they purposely designed the event so it worked that way. They said they are using new tech for this event (learned through their work on garrisons), I imagine he is able to do this because the tech is new and Blizz probably didn't forsee all that might happen (they are not omnipotent after all). I bet the next time they do some event like this, you will not be able to exploit it this way.

Kind of sad to exploit a game you pay to play. It is similar to cheating in a friendly game of chess- why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I am sure they do know and we will see what action they take. Blizzard is notoriously slow to ban people, it usually takes them months of investigating it. I do not think he will get banned even if it is exploitive, it is just not worth the trouble. I also personally do not care if he gets banned or not, I worry about what I do- I really don't care what he does, I was just responding to the op.

I also doubt that Blizzard wanted you to log in and out hundreds of times just to level your toon through invasions...... They might not care enough to ban you, but I highly doubt they purposely designed the event so it worked that way. They said they are using new tech for this event (learned through their work on garrisons), I imagine he is able to do this because the tech is new and Blizz probably didn't forsee all that might happen (they are not omnipotent after all). I bet the next time they do some event like this, you will not be able to exploit it this way.

Kind of sad to exploit a game you pay to play. It is similar to cheating in a friendly game of chess- why bother?
    So if i reset a dungeon am i cheating?? kek, you are sign worth material son

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    So if i reset a dungeon am i cheating?? kek, you are sign worth material son
    If you purposefully reset it hundreds of times to reap rewards that were meant to be only once per dungeon it would be.

I just love how stubborn (or thick) you are to still use the word "exploit". Ye man everyone will get banned except you the noble guy who didn't use this method to level. Next time you go to farm Firelands don't reset it after you kill the trash because blizzard is slow but they see you and they will get you.

And as I said before but ofc you ignored it: EASIEST thing in the world was for Blizzard to save your ass in the invasion after stage 1. So you log out after stage 1 you log in stage 2. Its a mechanic that exists in wow since 2004.

I bet you wouldn't be so butthurt if the mobs werent awarding bonus exp. Your main problem is people are levelling toons and having some innocent fun with an event that will mean nothing in 10 days.
    I am not butt hurt at all. I don't even really care what happens to the guy. I was just throwing in my 2 cents. It really doesn't matter to me at all. It is just a video game..... calm down lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats why blizzard puts limits of reset when they don't want resets to be infinite. Welcome to wow.
    I guess you think Blizzard is so great that they can't make a mistake.... They are just human like anyone else. They make mistakes all the time. They even accidently sent a player a gm weapon once (and guess what?- he got banned when he used it).

10+ Year Old Account
    If you purposefully reset it hundreds of times to reap rewards that were meant to be only once per dungeon it would be.
    Spoiler alert: You only get the stage rewards once per invasion regardless of how many times you reset it. Resetting it is purely for mob exp.

You are fundamentally wrong, extremely provocative by calling what most people do an "exploit", you refuse to aknowledge plain and simple facts, you can't be arsed to make a ticket if you re so concerned at the end of the day and yet you have the audacity to come here and tell ME to calm down after you have busted my chops x4 mails persisting on a bullshit argument and calling people exploiters you wish to see banned.

Yeah ok dude fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Stop reading internet hoaxes and go level an alt. You will thank me later for this advice :P
    Saying that someone is "exploiting" a video game is "extremely provocative?" You might want to turn off the comp and get out more, you are taking the video games a little too seriously...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonconrad View Post
    Yeah the streamer isn't too bright. He was skipping stage 3 claiming it was a waste of time.
    I honestly have found stage 1 and 2 have been the most XP gains, just go around dot everything in stage 1 and stage 2 there is 2-3 minibosses and then the boss. Stage 3 at low level sucks, because you can't really keep up with the main group with slow flying.

You don't get chests or bonus exp from the stage completions by doing it, you only get exp from killing mobs - which is more than enough to be fair. Logging out has nothing to do with it, it's also triggered just by walking out of the zone and back in. It's because you switch phases and is unlikely going to get you in trouble as it's no different than getting invited by a friend. People shouldn't use the word "exploit" if they don't know what exploiting actually is. It's not a bug.

Im sorry but I don't take advice from people who can't grasp wow basics. Im tired of you and will ignore your blubber from now on. Keep thinking logging out is evul and go get another level of white knighthood while staying level 50 by the end of invasions. And yeah calling legit players "exploiters" is an insult in games. The ones you are too cool to take seriously but too butthurt to see people enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly!!! What if Im getting ganked and leave zone to reset the phase and escape the gankers. Was that also exploit? The guy just doesn't have a clue what hes talking about and tries to bait an argument at this point theres no other explanation noone can be so slow that they won't get it after so much explaining.
    You are a strange man. Do you even read any of the posts you reply to or do you just judge the person and then run with that judgement regardless (don't answer was a rhetorical question, the answer is obvious). I obviously (by the words in my post) do not care if he gets banned or not. I would never consider anyone that cheated at a video game evil- it is just a video game. You are taking video games and this whole issue way too seriously.

In fact, at this point, I think you are the player exploiting this. Why else would you take it so seriously if it was someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    meh crappy tactic...was doing 2.5 mil xp/hour realm hopping westfall stage 2...stage 2 is insane
    2.5 ? i ended up with 5m+ per hour

I would imagine it would be considered an exploit, since he is basically resetting the invasion to farm it for xp again (and the small box you get after the second stage (or is it after the first stage).

Why bother?

The invasions give an insane amount of xp, exploiting it for more xp is just crazy greedy and it is kind of stupid to risk a ban over it, especially with the x-pac launching in about a week.

He deserves a ban for it, just for being dumb and greedy.

- - - Updated - - -

He's not "just logging out." Didn't you read the op? He's purposely resetting the event to reap the xp rewards again. Which I imagine would be considered an exploit.

i hope you understund that i wasent doing this method i wasent exploiting it i was just asking if its legal since i saw it on stream thats all...

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    You don't get chests or bonus exp from the stage completions by doing it, you only get exp from killing mobs - which is more than enough to be fair. Logging out has nothing to do with it, it's also triggered just by walking out of the zone and back in. It's because you switch phases and is unlikely going to get you in trouble as it's no different than getting invited by a friend. People shouldn't use the word "exploit" if they don't know what exploiting actually is. It's not a bug.
    its seems to be right in any case i didnt take the risk didnt do this since i have nothing to worry about grinding its not going to take alot of time anyway its just beeing 100 by 2 days or beeing 100 by few hours
    Last edited by shinedowNn; 2016-08-21 at 06:18 AM.

So many legalists. Do you also thing people who do slightly over the speed limit should be thrown in jail?