Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    Complaining about getting too much xp...this community never ceases to amaze me.
    I wasnt whining, just thought this might be a bug or something. No no im really liking this!

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Timeless Isle.
    Below the Pirate boat is a cave with chairs.
    If you sit in them you can click the campfire and you're in Gorgrond.
    From there you can fly to your Garrison and just do the five minute quest to set it up You can completely ignore the Tanaan intro!

If you cannot fly you can swim to the Iron Docks and talk to the Flight Master, he can fly you to your garrison.
    Wow, what the actual fuck??

I just did that, since when is this possible?

Question: I've read about some method of repeating stages 1-3 (for the mob-killing XP, not for the stage bonuses). How do you do that? Do you exit the zone and relog, or can you relog in the zone? Or is there some other method of doing it?

I keep getting Tanaris on my lowbies (low 50s, not quite up to flight yet), and that's not conducive to getting much XP. Even though I'm hearthed to the Shrine, by the time I get to Gadgetzan, stage 1 and 2 are over (and last time, just as I was reaching Gadgetzan, a portal erupted into existence right where I was, killing me). So I wouldn't mind being able to repeat the same easily-reachable zone again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    Wow, what the actual fuck??

I just did that, since when is this possible?
    Been there since almost the beginning I understand.

You can also just have a mage port you to Stormshield and water strider/fly/swim across... no fatigue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    Question: I've read about some method of repeating stages 1-3 (for the mob-killing XP, not for the stage bonuses). How do you do that? Do you exit the zone and relog, or can you relog in the zone? Or is there some other method of doing it?

I keep getting Tanaris on my lowbies (low 50s, not quite up to flight yet), and that's not conducive to getting much XP. Even though I'm hearthed to the Shrine, by the time I get to Gadgetzan, stage 1 and 2 are over (and last time, just as I was reaching Gadgetzan, a portal erupted into existence right where I was, killing me). So I wouldn't mind being able to repeat the same easily-reachable zone again and again.
    It's not actually resetting.. you are being zoned into a different scenario... the zones will ALWAYS be the same... after you relog... because that is their assigned location.. .after X amount of people join the scenario starts.. and the next bunch of people are loaded into a different scenario.

What people are doing with the change zone - relog is cheesing the system and next time you enter the zone it should put you in a fresh one... if not you are zoning back into your original instance... it's possible they will or already have hotfixed this.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post

With the new phasing system you get put in whatever group to fill it up. Sometimes can be a fresh one sometimes an already started one. If you go in with a group you have a better shot at a fresh one. If you go in on a started one as long as you back out of the and before it finishes a stage of the invasion you can come back to a new one. But if you finished a stage you are locked to that invasion. Now if you back out you need to wait some time 5 to maybe 15 minutes depending what stage that invasion was in for a new one to start. Depends how quickly that group is going thru the stages.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Been there since almost the beginning I understand.

You can also just have a mage port you to Stormshield and water strider/fly/swim across... no fatigue.
    I'm just surprised how flavorful this is.

Or is there another reason why they implemented this very specific teleport? And people just abuse it to skip the Tanaan intro?

Being impatient, I bought about 6 of those 300% potions to get through level 90-100 quick, and top off my 11th level 100 on my server (my 12th is a level 10 banker... must not level banker... must not level banker). I really regret buying those potions, even though it was hellishly fast. I should have been more patient! Now I'm poorer.

Considering using this to get an easy opposite faction DH on another server, though, using a DK, before it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    With the new phasing system you get put in whatever group to fill it up. Sometimes can be a fresh one sometimes an already started one. If you go in with a group you have a better shot at a fresh one. If you go in on a started one as long as you back out of the and before it finishes a stage of the invasion you can come back to a new one. But if you finished a stage you are locked to that invasion. Now if you back out you need to wait some time 5 to maybe 15 minutes depending what stage that invasion was in for a new one to start. Depends how quickly that group is going thru the stages.
    You get no xp if in a raid

Think I went from like...65? today, to now 90 I saw 80-81 being done in 5 mins...2.7 mil xp/hour as my top.

Westfall stage 2 <3 Tried other invasions but westfall is 100% superior...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Think I went from like...65? today, to now 90 I saw 80-81 being done in 5 mins...2.7 mil xp/hour as my top.

Westfall stage 2 <3 Tried other invasions but westfall is 100% superior...
    Is Westfall better than Kharanos? If so, why?

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Could be that they have three lieutenants, and if you can mange to get all three, some good XP?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm getting awesome XP, now that my lowbies have flying. (Only first-stage flying, so I typically come in at the end of fights with the mini-bosses. Not necessarily a bad thing. :-)

But I'm starting to realize: I have 5 lowbies (60-65) to level. And with rested XP already exhausted, I'm only getting about 1 level per invasion. That's roughly 200 levels I have to get, at maybe 2 invasions (and levels) per hour played.

No way I'm getting those lowbies to 100 in time for Legion. Oh well, it happens.

Maybe I can get them to 90, and bypass Outland, Northrend, Cata, and Pandaria.

Pity about the shard vendors are almost certainly not going to be available, when I finally am high enough to be able to spend the shards. (No cloak/necklace/ring/trinket, and no extra coalesced fel.) But I figure that a 650-670 will be enough for Legion.

You get no xp if in a raid
    not true I have been doing it in raid groups and getting xp. try to talk about things you know about please

Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    Complaining about getting too much xp...this community never ceases to amaze me.
    there has always been a significant amount of players who want longer leveling periods not sure what's amazing about that.
    be that as it may the xp you get now is pretty retarded but well I am not going to complain I had a shitton of chars left to more or less afk level.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    on my 95 dwarf and I was still only getting like 200 exp on mobs...Without help I am still only getting around 5k-8k.
    I was getting that before the hotfix. But now i get around 2k assisted and 10k solo per elite mob.

yep its way better. Khan tarren I do like 1.1 to 1.5 mil...westfall I do easy 2 mil not even trying hard.

Also I dont risk dying much...in tarren and dun I die a lot more imo.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    not true I have been doing it in raid groups and getting xp. try to talk about things you know about please
    I was getting xp for killing mobs but not for the stages, so hes not wrong completly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    I was getting that before the hotfix. But now i get around 2k assisted and 10k solo per elite mob.
    Yeah I think it got fixed after I posted that comment because I noticed the exp gains were like 1k, 2k, 5k, all the right numbers. I guess I was on before the patch or something. Got like 3 level 90 characters to 100 thanks to these invasions.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I am hoping that my last 4 alts (that I plan on leveling through invasions) can make it to 100 in the last 8 days. It seems to be dependent on how many raiders remain interested, what other XP changes are made, and how life interferes.

If things continue as they are, I'll get those 4 to 100, through the scenario and both (?) quests. Maybe with enough time left to push my 10 existing 100s so their weapons are 725.

But I'm not getting my hopes up. I'll settle for getting them to 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    I'm just surprised how flavorful this is.

Or is there another reason why they implemented this very specific teleport? And people just abuse it to skip the Tanaan intro?
    I always figured that was the way Garrosh entered Draenor. There aren't any NPCs in the cave that give any info, nor is there a quest related to it.