Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    THEY JAY WILSON IT XD 1 MIL XP/HOUR TODAY FROM 400-600K YESTERDAY! Fuck I could maybe get 1.5 mil
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

They made it all too lucrative. I mean, I'm not complaining, but when something feels OP it's usually because it is OP.

Right now I feel like I'm cheating with the xp I'm getting. Same I felt as when I was one-shotting elites because of the Holy Power buff, except I knew that was gonna get fixed super quick (and it did).

I really feel like they just didn't want to deal with peoples complaints over a very minor matter (alt leveling in the last three weeks of an xpac lol), so they reacted to the complaints with over-buffs and are just washing their hands of it.

All that being said, I'm gonna see if I can get from 98 to 100 in a single invasion on some alts here ... lol
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    They made it all too lucrative. I mean, I'm not complaining, but when something feels OP it's usually because it is OP.

Right now I feel like I'm cheating with the xp I'm getting. Same I felt as when I was one-shotting elites because of the Holy Power buff, except I knew that was gonna get fixed super quick (and it did).

I really feel like they just didn't want to deal with peoples complaints over a very minor matter (alt leveling in the last three weeks of an xpac lol), so they reacted to the complaints with over-buffs and are just washing their hands of it.

All that being said, I'm gonna see if I can get from 98 to 100 in a single invasion on some alts here ... lol
    Haven't seen an official post anywhere, so are you saying their buff has gone live? Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    Haven't seen an official post anywhere, so are you saying their buff has gone live? Thanks in advance
    They posted they were being pushed, but I'm not sure if they ever posted about them being fully live.

But lots of people are reporting in their experience that they're live, including me, so.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

It is definitely live.

Now it is best to stay with the pack and go from mini-boss to mini-boss (green skulls on the map) they give 60k (with heirlooms) EXP.

Tag EVERYTHING and drag mobs to the mini-boss.

Rince and repeat to as many mini-bosses as possible... can get 5-6 usually... so 300k-400k + the 100k+ for the stages + the adds exp... pretty sweet again. Before I was just AFKing for free EXP... now I am back to participaitng 100%.

I bet you Blizz nerfs AGAIN! Because it's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Hence why I shall be no-lifeing it to hit 100 before maintenance. Already have 180 unopened chests banked for the occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    It is definitely live.

Now it is best to stay with the pack and go from mini-boss to mini-boss (green skulls on the map) they give 60k (with heirlooms) EXP.

Tag EVERYTHING and drag mobs to the mini-boss.

Rince and repeat to as many mini-bosses as possible... can get 5-6 usually... so 300k-400k + the 100k+ for the stages + the adds exp... pretty sweet again. Before I was just AFKing for free EXP... now I am back to participaitng 100%.

I'm doing this too. Went from AFKing to actual participation, and it's actually not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    First, we'll have to disagree on what represents the variable in this scenario. Second, I never suggested that driving was "strictly" for anything. You are welcome to alter the context of what I actually wrote, but that does not make you correct in this argument. Broaden your mind and embrace the 'spirit' of what I said, which is that "in most cases, driving is for utility and in most cases gaming is for entertainment".

I understand that you feel embarrassed after being called out, but my original point stands and you have said nothing to change that. You also don't seem to be adding anything new to the discussion, and for that reason I'm going to take my leave and move on.

Good luck with your PhD and never forget the old adage, "those who can't, teach". I'll let you connect all the dots on that last comment.
    Wow....took you a couple of days to come up with all that? LOL...foh

Starting on another alt soon

So currently the best way for exp is to get tags on as many mobs and bosses as possible?

What happened to the kill % participation, and lvl 100s tagging?

Also does it work if you are in a party, and someone in the party gets the tag on a mob and it dies before you can tag it too, still getting exp?

Deleted
    We've been running a 4 man group all night, all warlocks just tagging everything we come across. 1 - 100 in just under 7 hours by logging out and resetting it after stage 2. Makes the 100 boost look slow. It seemed like a valid plan so we had to test it out. I'd imagine they might fix that a bit though it seemed extremely overpowered. But at least I got alt number 19 to 100 with very little effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fled View Post
    Wow....took you a couple of days to come up with all that? LOL...foh
    Some people don't sit here 24/7 typing out replies. Maybe he deemed it not worth his time to reply to you asap. Who knows.

Seems like you got triggered though?

Quote Originally Posted by Adanyt View Post
    Some people don't sit here 24/7 typing out replies. Maybe he deemed it not worth his time to reply to you asap. Who knows.

Seems like you got triggered though?

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    I'm doing this too. Went from AFKing to actual participation, and it's actually not that bad.
    Given the alternative. I think they prefer this rather than having players sitting AFK. Lesser of the two evil. Besides, it is only for a few more days. I think they can live with that. So people will have more alts at max level. Nothing hurting the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fliida View Post
    We've been running a 4 man group all night, all warlocks just tagging everything we come across. 1 - 100 in just under 7 hours by logging out and resetting it after stage 2. Makes the 100 boost look slow. It seemed like a valid plan so we had to test it out. I'd imagine they might fix that a bit though it seemed extremely overpowered. But at least I got alt number 19 to 100 with very little effort.
    You do realize that you are actively exploiting, which can easily result in a ban, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Darometh View Post
    You do realize that you are actively exploiting, which can easily result in a ban, right?
    Just like people were banned for using the buff a few days ago? Oh, right, they weren't.

People have been resetting invasions since they started, Blizzard has hotfixed a ton of stuff about the invasions, and you can still reset them, they have nothing against it. If they don't like people farming stage 2, they'll nerf the experience from it and encourage participation for stages 3 and 4. They won't ban people leveling in the most efficient way available.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You don't even have to do that. Just join a group finder hosted event, leave after P2 finishes and normally it pops you back into P1 again. If not look for a posting that is doing P1 and P2, and just do those over and over.

The best XP gains (from my view) is doing P1 and P2 over and over again, although P3 is pretty lucrative if you have a fast flying mount.

I'd hardly consider it an exploit that's bannable. It's effectively grinding mobs. You don't get multiple chests and you don't get phase completion XP more than once. People have been doing this for 2 weeks to farm shards, now they are doing it to farm mobs. You're crying exploit because people are basically farming mobs and making the event go faster for other people. To me it seemed more like a problem that people were AFK in the sky, which certainly isn't 'exploiting' but it's far more disruptive and not in the spirit of the event than just tagging/killing mobs over and over.

Again, people are complaining because people are FARMING mobs. Say that to yourself multiple times and realize how ridiculous that sounds.

I don't speak for Blizzard but to me this is a far better solution than AFKing for rewards and XP as it makes people actively participate. Besides the invasion is going to ramp up again next week, to where it's likely every zone will be active and the reset on each zone will be an hour. Even if they fixed it so you can't do multiple phases over and over to 'cheese' XP, people would just do rounds of the 3 easiest to get to zones over and over again as by the time you finish 3 you they would be about to reset again.

It's really not an issue. it makes a limited event lucrative which is honestly probably what Blizzard wants. I've seen plenty of old faces come back in the last couple months who haven't played in years and the prospect of getting multiple characters to max level in a limited 3 week event is pretty appealing to them.

With quick grinding to level 10, and ~3 MoP XP pots and probably 4-5 WoD XP pots, you can probably hit 100 in 4 hours right now if you do it properly. I leveled my warlock to 28 before doing this event (an hour played) and used the MoP pots to 85, and my combined play time is 4 hours at level 87. I haven't used WoD pots, but I bet if you were super efficient right now and used all the XP pots available you could get a level 100 character in probably 4 hours.

TLDR; not something that will be bannable, and completely moot in two days anyway when you have 6 invasions every hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Just like people were banned for using the buff a few days ago? Oh, right, they weren't.

People have been resetting invasions since they started, Blizzard has hotfixed a ton of stuff about the invasions, and you can still reset them, they have nothing against it. If they don't like people farming stage 2, they'll nerf the experience from it and encourage participation for stages 3 and 4. They won't ban people leveling in the most efficient way available.
    Are you srsly comparing the buff abuse with exploiting the invasion to get the green chests, shards and xp over and over again? That is something entirely different

Are you srsly comparing the buff abuse with exploiting the invasion to get the green chests, shards and xp over and over again? That is something entirely different
    You don't get green chests after the first time. They designed invasions so that they would reset if you went out and came back in (they could have tied you to that instance instead of going to a new one, it probably would have been easier even), they designed rewards around that, and they can tweak which stages will be more efficient by resetting if any.

They've been monitoring these for weeks, and they haven't done anything against resets.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Well, it's just the case that in WoW, you are going to have to do some things more than 3 times, if you are going to get where you want to go.

Hell, that's the case in life, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    - - - Updated - - -
    Changed my mind. Not even worth a reply.
    Welcome to my ignore list.
    Some people are going to have their expectations dashed later on. Maybe sooner.