Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Theory: N'zoth will appear in Legion

Was discussing this with my fiancé a couple hours ago... So far the old gods we have seen are C'thun (Original WoW), Yogg-Saron (WotLK) and the remains of Y'shaaraj (Pandaria).

Notice something with the expansions? Every one of them it's an odd numbered expansion.

Also, in Legion we will visit the Nightmare (That N'zoth is corrupting and it's implied he's in the Rift of Alm, the deepest zone in the emerald dream) as a raid , Azshara herself (Who was transformed into a Naga by him) it's involved in some quests looking for the Pillars and in the pre-expansion chain when we get to Ulduar, Faceless ones (Old gods soldiers).

Someone called Phlynch brought to my attention that:

There are three main things that lead to old god death:

- Odd numbered expansions
    - Titan themed areas
    - Bigger villains as the advertised threats

Legion is an odd numbered expansion set in an area full of titan themed stuff where the advertised threat is the largest demon invasion in history.
    Not sure what else everyone thinks. Just my two cents.

nope don't think so. there was just as much n'zoth lore and azshara lore in cataclysm, and we didn't fight them.

The theory doesn't really hold up that well. There wasn't really any big villain advertised for Pandaria. That was one of Blizzard's selling points, they were happy that players didn't know what to expect. Then there's the fact that there wasn't much of a Titan themed area in Classic. Un'Goro kind of dabbled in it a bit, and there was one quest chain started in the Uldaman dungeon, but that mostly lead to the mystery of Uldum and what was (or rather used to be) in it.

Cataclysm had more of an Old God theme than most expansions. Deathwing was corrupted and empowered by Old Gods, Elemental Lords were lieutenants of the Old Gods and we faced against Al'akir and Ragnaros, Cho'gall is all about the Old Gods, N'zoth was mentioned during Dragon Soul by Zon'ozz and there was a pretty good chunk of the Vashj'ir zone dedicated to the nagas with the questline culminating to an Old God offering them assistance by sending his minions to tip the scales. Yet no actual Old God showed up.

Legion might dabble with it a bit in a few zones, but I doubt they've built this story up for such a long time just to have it be a mid-expansion raid. I doubt N'zoth will appear. I'd imagine you'd first see the actual Azshara (not just her placeholder) as a teaser for things to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirubia View Post
    Ulduar, Faceless ones (Old gods soldiers).
    Well, Ulduar was infested by an Old God once, so those may just be remnants of Yogg-Saron.

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    The theory doesn't really hold up that well. There wasn't really any big villain advertised for Pandaria. That was one of Blizzard's selling points, they were happy that players didn't know what to expect.
    It was well known the Garrosh would be the final boss before Panaria came out. I remember doing Dragon Soul when people were talking about this over vent.

If anything, the story threads we have from various sources are that the legion invasions is defeated, but at the cost of releasing n'zoth
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    The theory doesn't really hold up that well. There wasn't really any big villain advertised for Pandaria. That was one of Blizzard's selling points, they were happy that players didn't know what to expect.
    Rofl, didn't they tell us Corrupted Garrosh was the final boss of the expansion before MoP content, Pandaren, and Monk even became active?

n'zoth is last old god ( i guess) probably blizz will use him for void lord expansion. also i dont think azshara loyal to n'zoth, she always thinks about herself first.
    Last edited by Onvious; 2016-08-21 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onvious View Post
    n'zoth is last old gold ( i guess) probably blizz will use him for void god expansion. also i dont think azshara loyal to n'zoth, she always thinks about herself first.
    I dont think the old gods allow for much in the way of free will.

Malfurion says in the Nightmare raid that they need to defeat the Nightmare to buy time to defeat them Legion then prepare for the "black armies form the depths". N'zoth will be a future expac.
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    I dont think the old gods allow for much in the way of free will.
    Depends on the character. Y'shaarj didn't need to corrupt Garrosh when he was already so war-like and prideful. If they already serve the purpose then there's no need to block free will.

N'Zoth is behind the Emerald Nightmare (he is playing Xavius as his pawn). I think Legion will lead us into an Void Lord/Old God Expansion with N'Zoth as the main villain. I think the Void Lords planned all this to weaken Azeroth to control her and have a powerful physical fighter for their cause that is able to defeat Sargeras. When two dogs fight for a bone, the third runs away with it aka tertius gaudens is the plan of the Void Lords. Bringing the Legion to Azeroth weakens both and then you can strike with the army from the Depth Below. There will be so many faceless ones and many will be corrupted and turn against their friends (I suspect Jaina to be directly corrupted by N'Zoths mad whispers of hate and revenge when her mind became susceptible after the bombing of Theramore).
    Last edited by Kryos; 2016-08-21 at 09:27 AM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Malfurion says in the Nightmare raid that they need to defeat the Nightmare to buy time to defeat them Legion then prepare for the "black armies form the depths". N'zoth will be a future expac.

Depends on the character. Y'shaarj didn't need to corrupt Garrosh when he was already so war-like and prideful. If they already serve the purpose then there's no need to block free will.
    Yshaarj didnt corrupt Garrosh because Yshaarj was already dead.

Yshaarj didnt corrupt Garrosh because Yshaarj was already dead.
    Even his breath (check Dread Wastes) and his still pumping hearth corrupt everything near them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Even his breath (check Dread Wastes) and his still pumping hearth corrupt everything near them.
    The sha "corruption" is a bit different than what I mean since that appears to be pure emotional insanity, Yshaarj himself is not pulling any strings from the shadows. The Dread Wastes actually seems like a good example of that, the Klaxxi aid you in killing the corrupted Queen because shes gone insane -- yet they still worship Yshaarj and join Garrosh after he revives the heart.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The hyman mind has a need to see patterns.
    Was this a typo, an intended typo, or actually what you were trying to say?

Personally, I'd like to establish more of a relationship between the Old Gods and the Burning Legion. The Old Gods have never seemed to have a motivation. Destruction and chaos has always been its end goal. So how does that square with the Legion, who are more about power and control? If Azeroth becomes a Legion world, then the best N'Zoth can hope for is that the Burning Legion views him as a useful slave, rather than an aberration to be destroyed. So I wonder if N'Zoth might actually help us? At the very least, I'd like to see how those two forces of evil would interact. I can't imagine they'd get along very well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekosom View Post
    Personally, I'd like to establish more of a relationship between the Old Gods and the Burning Legion. The Old Gods have never seemed to have a motivation. Destruction and chaos has always been its end goal. So how does that square with the Legion, who are more about power and control? If Azeroth becomes a Legion world, then the best N'Zoth can hope for is that the Burning Legion views him as a useful slave, rather than an aberration to be destroyed. So I wonder if N'Zoth might actually help us? At the very least, I'd like to see how those two forces of evil would interact. I can't imagine they'd get along very well.

I am guessing that you have not read Chronicle Vol 1, which came out a few months back, and which lays out the purpose of the Old Gods in the universe and their relationship especially relative to the Burning Legion. Sargeras is well aware of the existence of Old Gods, and he knows what they are up to and who their masters are. Suffice to say that if Azeroth becomes a Legion world, the Old God power there will completely and utterly cease to exist. Azeroth is a "world soul" world, hosting a nascent titan who happens to be female. Per the destro warlock class quest chain, Sargeras's ultimate goal is not to destroy Azeroth but to make her into a powerful fel titan like himself -- and also, his consort/slave.

Deleted
    Well I believe they will at some point make clear, that the legion is the lesser of two evils. The shadow priest artifact hints a lot into a "demons can be corrupted by the void" direction. Wouldn't be surprised if at some point demons of the legion turn into iron horde and get speed-void0rzied.

The sha "corruption" is a bit different than what I mean since that appears to be pure emotional insanity, Yshaarj himself is not pulling any strings from the shadows. The Dread Wastes actually seems like a good example of that, the Klaxxi aid you in killing the corrupted Queen because shes gone insane -- yet they still worship Yshaarj and join Garrosh after he revives the heart.
    The Sha is 100% originated in the old god Y'shaarj.

The Dread Waste is black, white and purple because that was the breath of Yshaarj when he was pulled out of Azeroth by Aman'Thul himself and Y'shaarj was squished and killed in the process but his heart was still alive and fell back to the ground. This action also wounded the sleeping female Titan Azeroth and her blood and wounds are the arcane wells the elf races later used (Sunwell, Nightwell and so on). That's why Aman'Thul did not remove the other old gods from Azeroths body. He feared that removing all of them with force would kill the unborn titan.

"Y'Shaarj was also known as "the seven headed one" or "the beast of seven heads", and is said to have inhaled courage and breathed fear. When it died, its last, terrible breath manifested as the seven prime sha — Anger, Hatred, Violence, Fear, Doubt, Despair and Pride."

That fear corrupted the Mantid queen.

They worship the power of the old gods since they see that they have this incredible power and they respect power and have no problem with a brutal god. They are a brutal race with little to no emphaty to the weak.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2016-08-21 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirubia View Post
    Was discussing this with my fiancé a couple hours ago... So far the old gods we have seen are C'thun (Original WoW), Yogg-Saron (WotLK) and the remains of Y'shaaraj (Pandaria).

Notice something with the expansions? Every one of them it's an odd numbered expansion.

Also, in Legion we will visit the Nightmare (That N'zoth is corrupting and it's implied he's in the Rift of Alm, the deepest zone in the emerald dream) as a raid , Azshara herself (Who was transformed into a Naga by him) it's involved in some quests looking for the Pillars and in the pre-expansion chain when we get to Ulduar, Faceless ones (Old gods soldiers).

Someone called Phlynch brought to my attention that:

Not sure what else everyone thinks. Just my two cents.
    There are lots of indication that n'zoth will make an apperance, but I think you are going a bit too much illuminati on this, I don't think odd numbered expansions has anything to do with it, might be that they want to space out stuff, cata had lots of old god stuff aswell, not a specific boss, but deathwing and cho'gall comes to mind.

A bit nitpicky here, but its merely a hypothesis, not a theory.