Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    So many legalists. Do you also thing people who do slightly over the speed limit should be thrown in jail?
    No they should get a fine, but yeah this is probably the most "exploiative" thing Ive done in game. Hopefully they dont care but they can ban more freely now cos they know people can just buy legion and get two lvl 100 easily

Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    You don't get the the massive XP from doing Stage 4. So, I don't get the point of anybody doing what he's doing.
    Killing 1 elite in stage 3 or any of the quest mobs in stage 2 give you more then the completion xp for stage 4. If you have a small group go with you, you can run around one of the larger legion crystal bases, kill all of the mobs and shut down the building and that will get you a level by itself if you have boa gear on. You can do a few of those and tag a few skull marker bosses during phase 3. I have picked up 5 levels in a wave a few times, it is all about tagging the right mobs and taking advantage of large elites in areas with lots of action.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    If you purposefully reset it hundreds of times to reap rewards that were meant to be only once per dungeon it would be.
    Are you really saying that if I reset a dungeon to farm the drops I want off 1 boss, I'm a cheater? That's really grasping at straws.
    Last edited by Lime; 2016-08-21 at 09:25 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    By the fact, he's logging out, to return to a reseted event, multiple times. Which isn't how the mechanic is meant to be.
    Then maybe they shouldn't have designed it so that it's not possible.

hes basically boosting every other group to stage 4, sacrificing completion per stage exp and lootboxes for mob exp thats all it is and this worked since day 1 but exp was shit if more than just you tagged the mob

they WANTED to get people to actively help the invasion progress and this is basically all he is doing
    Last edited by giniyo; 2016-08-21 at 09:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonconrad View Post
    Yeah the streamer isn't too bright. He was skipping stage 3 claiming it was a waste of time.
    Because stage 3 and 4 are a waste of time.

Let compare, shall we?

Barrens

Stage 1 - After 30%, 3 bosses spawn nonstop until stage 2. After you kill the third boss, new bosses spawn to replace them. The faster you kill them, the more strong elites that spawn as well, which is even more exp. Small area, so very easy to tap all 3 and due to all of the people, all die very quick.

Stage 2 - 2 beefier bosses spawn a strong boss spawns

Stage 3 - Run around the entire area hoping to tag the even fewer than stage 1 bosses. You have to take travel time into account. You get screwed over if the zerg splits and goes for two different bosses.

Stage 4 - 1 Megaboss with some untuned abilities that can deal 100k+ damage to a level 10 and being dead means no exp. Gives a nice chuck of exp, but not a whole lot more than some of the other bosses.

Right there you can see that the first half is far more efficient then the second half.

That being said, this is if he was farming in the Barrens, which seems to be the most XP/hour. Take Dun Morogh for example, during phase 1, bosses won't spawn until 70%, making it a much different experience. It should also be worth noting that unless you have flying, stage 3 will never be worth it, regardless of area. Maybe Dun Morogh if you're fast enough and grab one of the machine gun spider tanks, but even that is a big maybe.

Of course, I could be misreading what you're saying. When you say that he's skipping stage 3, I assume that you mean that he relogs right after stage 2? If you meant that as, "He joins a group and joins stage 4 (which skips stage 3)", then that's something else entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by giniyo View Post
    they WANTED to get people to actively help the invasion progress and this is basically all he is doing
    They want people to help in all stages not just first 2, but if they really want to fix this they can easily.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    but if they really want to fix this they can easily.
    Stay in this one ^.
    Also they could ban people if they wanted...if they made an announcement and say "we think this is abuse of a non-intended mechanic so we warn you that people would get banned if they use it till we fix it" ... or track you and message you in game that you are not supposed to do that and warn you.
    If they don't people assume that is an intended mechanic and use it in their favor... you can't blame them.
    It's like DH "flying" with flags in WSG ...people use it because they permit it...shouldn't they if it gets them closer to victory?
    Or even better... they do permit realm hopping for years, people farm rares etc. because of it... (rares that can drop you exp. pots or items you can sell for thousands)... did they do something about it? Or call it as not permitted action? If tehy don't permitted they can use a personal save, as they do with dungeons etc. and restrict it...
    Ban people for what?
    For exp faster? if they didn't want us to exp faster they would cut off the exp first thing..."go play dungs and do quests, that's end game event" for example...

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Are you really saying that if I reset a dungeon to farm the drops I want off 1 boss, I'm a cheater? That's really grasping at straws.
    Why do you think you can only loot each boss once a day? Because Blizzard does not want you to infinitely reset each dungeon continuously to farm for a drop...... I guess Blizz is "grasping at straws" too.

Deleted
    it seems pretty much everyone participating in invasions is doing this now, its too godo to not use

15+ Year Old Account
    I would say there is nothing wrong with it. This happen to me just taking a flightpath to an invasion zone. Basically Hillsbrad as Alliance means you have to fly through Hillsbrad to Hinterlands/Western Plaguelands then run back in which causes you to maybe get through phase 1 and 2 on some occassion while on the flightpath then when you run back it's on phase 1 again.

Eitherway the only thing they are skipping with this is the wait time between invasions, the actual time spent during invasions would still be the same. It's like running the same dungeon over and over for the XP and not the loot.

Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    2.5 ? i ended up with 5m+ per hour
    no you didn't :P I need a screenshot from a addon to belive that. Personally I use Titan panel to track this myself.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Considering when the heavy lag was occurring and getting kicked off from D/C reset the stages that's a lot better than D/C and losing out. I say leave it. The mechanic is MEANT for catch up mechanics. If someone wants to juke the system it's not the end of the world. They do not get more loot. They simply get to grind out more instead of just completing all 3 and waiting with their hands up their ass for an hour and a half.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    no you didn't :P I need a screenshot from a addon to belive that. Personally I use Titan panel to track this myself.
    its maybe possible with RaF and/or heirlooms

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    I don't recall the XP values, but I believe it's around 400k per level (going up by ~20k) past 85? Repeating stage 1/2 over and over for me yields about 80% of a level in about 5 minutes, which is 320k x 12 or nearly 4 million XP an hour (It took me a little over 10 minutes to go from 85 to 87 on a lock). I wasn't really doing it super efficiently by logging out and back in (was just using group finder) so my process was slightly slower. Also I don't have any of the heirloom rings, which if you have both of them you can get an extra 10% XP.

5 million XP an honor is a lot, but it's certainly possible. Depends on the invasion zone too, some of the invasion zones have the clusters of mobs in P1 spawn far more spread out than other ones. Personally I found Azshara one of the better ones for Horde as the mobs in the first phase are usually 40 yards a part if you're range and put yourself in the most center location. No LoS issues either like in the Barrens.

Throw in XP pots (MoP, WoD) or RAF and the XP is absolutely crazy. If done right I think you could probably get to 100 in 4 hours, maybe less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Why do you think you can only loot each boss once a day? Because Blizzard does not want you to infinitely reset each dungeon continuously to farm for a drop...... I guess Blizz is "grasping at straws" too.
    Do you even play WoW? There's this thing called normal mode dungeons where you can constantly get loot. They are not on a daily lockout. In fact, if you don't enter one of them within 10 mins, it auto-resets.

But you show just how desperate you are to grasp at straws with that last statement of yours. You do realize that you don't get loot for resetting invasions, right?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you even play WoW? There's this thing called normal mode dungeons where you can constantly get loot. They are not on a daily lockout. In fact, if you don't enter one of them within 10 mins, it auto-resets.

But you show just how desperate you are to grasp at straws with that last statement of yours. You do realize that you don't get loot for resetting invasions, right?
    If you use group finder you can endlessly do heroic dungeons as well.

Resetting the invasion was never about loot. It is about xp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exploiting would be the camera API glitch where you could zoom out ad infinitum.

This is not exploiting. Nor is it a nuisance. Honestly it doesn't impact anyone.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

So i can rinse and repeat two phases and only get mob kill xp after the first reset (no loot or phase xp is awarded for reset phases) or keep flying all over the map and do them the "correct" way and keep getting loot and phase xp.

What is the problem exactly?

I honestly can't see Blizzard giving two shits about it, it's not like anyone is gaining an unfair advantage like making a buttload of gold or loot for example, if anything it's benefiting others as it ensures participation, and considering the amount of people actually doing this right now, specially since it's been posted here and everyone and their mothers is at it, I very much doubt any action beyond a hotfix, if Blizzard deem it necessary, will be taken.