Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    The logs I've been seeing in DK forums say this is bull or inaccurate. Or simply so incomplete it's not useful. Do they even have legendaries in the sims yet? Because the FDK bracers are huge.
    That sim is done at 840 ilvl with only 19 artifact traits, without any legendary items and it's for a Patchwerk fight. It's about as accurate as North Koreas space program.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    For the first question, yes

For the second question, we will be updating the APL as the expansion goes on. I know just tonight Frosted was adding the Arcane Mage profile. Once I get Windwalker to a point I feel confortable, I'll start setting up a Brewmaster profile. which just leaves Demo Locks.
    Is blood DK anywhere on the radar? Its the only missing spec which you have not mentioned.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmynickels View Post
    Is blood DK anywhere on the radar? Its the only missing spec which you have not mentioned.
    I'm unsure on the status of Blood DK. I know we don't have a dedicated DK dev so that could be part of the reason.

Can't find 7.0+ simcraft on their website, I want to watch more than just the dps ranking :P

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    My Guild logs are private, but feel free to Google it helps.... Im sure you find some public logs. arguing with delusional Casuals is hard.
    Between Fury Warrior, Havoc DH and Outlaw/Assassination Rogue, who is better atm? I am trying to pick up my DPS class for Legion, since already picked my tanking one (paladin)
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do not look to Sim results at this point for any help concerning your choice for mainspec in Legion. They are inaccurate as hell and totally incomplete at this point, on top of which number tuning is still ongoing.

Look at utility, toolkit, what they bring to the raid. If you've in a guild, look at which spec will benefit your comp the most. And most of all, pick something you really enjoy playing. Numbers are all more or less irrelevant and in flux.
    @papajohn4 all 3 are fine choices and will be among the best melee specs. There is no definitive "best", as they have varying advantages and drawbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    My Guild logs are private, but feel free to Google it helps.... Im sure you find some public logs. arguing with delusional Casuals is hard.
    So is getting Elitist remarks from someone who gets triggered over the simplest of things.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Do not look to Sim results at this point for any help concerning your choice for mainspec in Legion. They are inaccurate as hell and totally incomplete at this point, on top of which number tuning is still ongoing.

Look at utility, toolkit, what they bring to the raid. If you've in a guild, look at which spec will benefit your comp the most. And most of all, pick something you really enjoy playing. Numbers are all more or less irrelevant and in flux.
    @papajohn4 all 3 are fine choices and will be among the best melee specs. There is no definitive "best", as they have varying advantages and drawbacks.
    Mostly I wanna know because of the dev interview

If Fire is way too good, rather than bringing them down to a point where they are tied with or worse than Frost and Arcane, they will take them to slightly too good still.
    You shouldn't regret what you spent your Artifact Power on.
    As the team looks ahead to Patch 7.1 and later in the expansion, there is more flexibility to how Artifact Power can work.
    They won't keep the game imbalanced for a long period of time, but in the short term there is a lot of disruption that comes from players feeling like the time they spent powering up their artifact was a mistake.
    It seems that, when Legion starts it is unlikely things will be changed..so for example, everyone says that fire is ahead now... so chosing frost and hoping for balance will take you long time for it.

btw I find those 3 specs I asked for all equally fun
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Mostly I wanna know because of the dev interview

It seems that, when Legion starts it is unlikely things will be changed..so for example, everyone says that fire is ahead now... so chosing frost and hoping for balance will take you long time for it.

btw I find those 3 specs I asked for all equally fun
    Just because a spec is ahead on a patchwerk fight, or in theoretical DPS, does not mean it will be the overall best for a Tier.
    Fire is an extreme outlier because it is a bit too far ahead in all kinds of situations.

When it comes to melee specs, it's a different matter. Warrior and Rogue, for example, have excellent raid utility that most other melee specs do not. Rogues can still soak very well, Warriors still have Rallying. Typically - and it doesn't seem like that is changing - Warrior excels more at AoE and Cleave, Rogue excels at single target. Warrior is also one of only 2 specs in the game in Legion that has an actual baseline Execute.

Havoc has great burst and priority add damage/cleave, and great mobility. Utility-wise it's eh, like most other melee specs. Darkness is not a great raid cd, it's more or less irrelevant.

If you want to go for the best overall choice I say decide between Warrior and Rogue - which one would depend on what your team has the most benefit from. Do you have too much Plate? Go Rogue..etc.

Deleted
    Hi there! Any one knows about HPS? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Just because a spec is ahead on a patchwerk fight, or in theoretical DPS, does not mean it will be the overall best for a Tier.
    Fire is an extreme outlier because it is a bit too far ahead in all kinds of situations.

When it comes to melee specs, it's a different matter. Warrior and Rogue, for example, have excellent raid utility that most other melee specs do not. Rogues can still soak very well, Warriors still have Rallying. Typically - and it doesn't seem like that is changing - Warrior excels more at AoE and Cleave, Rogue excels at single target. Warrior is also one of only 2 specs in the game in Legion that has an actual baseline Execute.

Havoc has great burst and priority add damage/cleave, and great mobility. Utility-wise it's eh, like most other melee specs. Darkness is not a great raid cd, it's more or less irrelevant.

If you want to go for the best overall choice I say decide between Warrior and Rogue - which one would depend on what your team has the most benefit from. Do you have too much Plate? Go Rogue..etc.
    Thanks a lot for the info I am 80% going for Fury warrior. I just love the spec since the free whirlwind and animations are also very good. Overall feels very good playing it.

What's the difference between the 2 Shadow Priest lines?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selacia View Post
    The top one is playing with surrender to madness, bottom one isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Selacia View Post
    A talent, Surrender to Madness (S2M) with and without it. Its is basically the only viable t100 talent we have so I have no clue why the other line is even there.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    Sims are just "rough ideas". It will also change regarding what artifact traits you got.
    Yes it can be helpful to use when figuring out what stats you should prioritize (if you are in any doubt).
    I know some will flame me for this, but simcraft is not very useful for good players..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Sims are just "rough ideas". It will also change regarding what artifact traits you got.
    Yes it can be helpful to use when figuring out what stats you should prioritize (if you are in any doubt).
    I know some will flame me for this, but simcraft is not very useful for good players..
    While you shouldn't rely on sims right now for anything really, the statement that "simcraft isn't useful for good players" is utterly and completely wrong. Apart from resimming yourself as gear progresses to determine your best possible upgrades and talent choices, it also helps determine the best possible rotation. Or did you think that came from nothing but thousands of theorycrafters spending months with realtime trial and error?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmynickels View Post
    Blood DK is Tank o.O

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Between Fury Warrior, Havoc DH and Outlaw/Assassination Rogue, who is better atm? I am trying to pick up my DPS class for Legion, since already picked my tanking one (paladin)
    overall DH for burst AOE and good Single followed by Fury, personaly dont like Rogue tho... Ass AOE is garbage and Outlaw is a RND spec, if you roll 6x youre super saiyajin if not well youre nothing.

I'm pretty sure the Shadowpriest module has issues. Not only does it sim Haste as the lowest stat (when it is actually the highest prio) it also consistently times out because of the priest dying to S2M.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    If it is somewhat correct, there are some huge outliers

I mostly hope fire gets a nerf or two, it seems ridic strong in all cases and still dominant on ST.
    yet outlaw is ok?

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is ppl are griping about sims...when most of them are very inaccurate since most profiles are still being worked on constantly.