Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Messier only won 2 Cups as captain (1 with Oilers, 1 with Rangers). Not sure who won the most, but there have to be a few with at least 4 or 5, I would imagine.
    But he has won more Cups than Towes regardless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I think Beliveau is the gold standard. Then Toews and Messier.
    Pretty hard to argue with that logic, even though I never saw Beliveau play.

No love for Yzerman in the "best captains" nominations???

Only 3 cups but he spent 19 years with the organization, 6 in the pre-Bowman era when they were absolute fucking garbage but he still put up 6 straight 100+ point seasons from 87 to 93. Longest tenured Captain in NHL history still at 19 season and 1303 games.

Denis Potvin too.

4 straight cups from '80-'83, and it's pretty apparent how important the dude had been considering when he retired in '88 the Islanders went to fuckin' shit for almost 30 years.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the red wings fans are dead, Yzerman would be my pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    If I were given the option of where to play, I'd probably pick Nashville if I'd suffered a Gary Busey-like motorcycle accident the day prior.
    Yeah cause being one of the best young teams in the league, in a city on the rise, in what is considered to be one of the best atmosphere's to play hockey in, is a bad place to be.

Messier only won 2 Cups as captain (1 with Oilers, 1 with Rangers). Not sure who won the most, but there have to be a few with at least 4 or 5, I would imagine.
    5 Jean Beliveau Mtl
    4 Wayne Gretzky Edm
    4 Denis Potvin NYI
    4 Maurice Richard Mtl
    4 George Armstrong Tor
    4 Yvan Cournoyer Mtl
    3 Steve Yzerman Det
    3 Scott Stevens NJ
    3 Sid Abel Det
    3 Syl Apps Tor
    3 Jonathan Toews Chi
    According to: http://www.sporcle.com/games/bjleona...ns_stanleycups
    Messier only one to captain more than one team to a cup.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Yeah cause being one of the best young teams in the league, in a city on the rise, in what is considered to be one of the best atmosphere's to play hockey in, is a bad place to be.
    As a team I like the Rangers better than Nashville and (other than signing with Toronto) I'm glad he went there. However, I imagine a winger like him is going to regret having any of Nashville's D behind him when he messes up rather than any of Rangers D besides McD or Klein (no idea if McIlrath is decent yet). I'd also rather have Johanson as my centre rather than any of Rangers'. All Nashville really needs is for Rinne to pulls his head out of something to be a very competitive team. Hopefully Lundqvist starts next season back as himself rather than the shell who played in his last 2 games against Pittsburgh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Reg must be elated at the fact the Rangers got Vesey.
    Meh, he has the potential but at this point it's just air. We have no idea what the kid can do at the NHL level. Makes up a little for not having a first round pick this past draft, even though he was a 3rd round pick.

I would for sure temper expectations with Vesey - no one ever can tell how good/bad an NCAA player is really going to be when they start playing much tougher competition. He may light it up (like 40+ points), he may barely crack 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    5 Jean Beliveau Mtl
    4 Wayne Gretzky Edm
    4 Denis Potvin NYI
    4 Maurice Richard Mtl
    4 George Armstrong Tor
    4 Yvan Cournoyer Mtl
    3 Steve Yzerman Det
    3 Scott Stevens NJ
    3 Sid Abel Det
    3 Syl Apps Tor
    3 Jonathan Toews Chi
    According to: http://www.sporcle.com/games/bjleona...ns_stanleycups
    Messier only one to captain more than one team to a cup.

- - - Updated - - -

As a team I like the Rangers better than Nashville and (other than signing with Toronto) I'm glad he went there. However, I imagine a winger like him is going to regret having any of Nashville's D behind him when he messes up rather than any of Rangers D besides McD or Klein (no idea if McIlrath is decent yet). I'd also rather have Johanson as my centre rather than any of Rangers'. All Nashville really needs is for Rinne to pulls his head out of something to be a very competitive team. Hopefully Lundqvist starts next season back as himself rather than the shell who played in his last 2 games against Pittsburgh.
    I look at it like this, Poile basically handed him the keys to the top line winger spot, next to Johansen and Neal, and he turned it down. He had a chance to burn the first year of his ELC by only playing a handful of games and getting a chance to experience the playoffs very early in his career. Frankly I still think the guy was scared of the competition he was going to face in Nashville from other new players. Fiala is chomping at the bit to get that same spot he was offered. Would he be able to beat out Smith on the second line? Ain't no way in hell he beats out Forsberg.

I think having spent the number of years coming to our camps that he has he didn't want to face the reality that he may have found his ass sitting on the 3rd or 4th lines or even in the seats pretty quickly. I don't really remember to many people being all that impressed by him at camp tbh.

Is your top line not Forsberg-Johansen-Neal? Those are obviously your 3 best at each position, but I realize they may not play together, and have no clue who plays with who on that team.

Is your top line not Forsberg-Johansen-Neal? Those are obviously your 3 best at each position, but I realize they may not play together, and have no clue who plays with who on that team.
    Daily faceoff is usually the most reliable site, but I imagine most teams will separate their top players at the start of the season after Pittsburgh's success last season.
    http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/l...ille-predators

Oh, I like this a lot, thanks! I imagine it is updated fairly regularly during the season?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do we want to wait until after the World Cup to do Season guessing. Basically see if anyone is injured or not.

We have done that some, but Lavi doesn't really like to because basically it makes it easier for teams to shut them down basically being able to throw everything at one line. Neal and Johansen are usually together, and Jarnkrok kind of found himself with them for the last part of the year. Forsberg is normally with Ribs and Smith, which isn't horrible as long as Forsberg doesn't get pass happy because then it only leaves Smith that will shoot.

We resigned Jarnkrok long term, so he may start out there, unless Fiala comes out on fire in camp and we don't send him back down. Ultimately we would love to see Wilson play like he did in the playoffs this season, but really he is more of a playmaker so he may be better off with a center like Fisher who is more than happy to shoot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got to give it up to Nashville. Constantly a playoff team in a competitive conference. But they draft well and swindle out the door GMs.

As a habs fan, gotta say I'm really excited for next season. I know people laugh at the Subban trade but I feel like Webber is a great fit for us. I sincerely believe we are better with Webber than Subban, and every hockey expert on local TV seemed to agree with that(I'm saying this because everyone on the /r/hockey circlejerk says it was a terrible trade, yet actual experts seem to disagree). It sucks because he was great to the community, but in pure hockey sense I think we are better off. Also super excited to see what Radulov can bring, dude is talented as fuck and he seems to have matured. This guy could end up being one of the best wingers in the league or being a flop like Semin was for us.

With a healthy Price and imo an improved roster, I think we are a serious contender for the cup this year. We seem to be the laughing stock recently because of the Subban trade, but honestly I think we're really being underrated.

Florida gives Arizona Lawson Crouse in exchange for taking on Bolland's salary; Florida gets back and a couple draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by djar View Post
    As a habs fan, gotta say I'm really excited for next season. I know people laugh at the Subban trade but I feel like Webber is a great fit for us. I sincerely believe we are better with Webber than Subban, and every hockey expert on local TV seemed to agree with that(I'm saying this because everyone on the /r/hockey circlejerk says it was a terrible trade, yet actual experts seem to disagree). It sucks because he was great to the community, but in pure hockey sense I think we are better off. Also super excited to see what Radulov can bring, dude is talented as fuck and he seems to have matured. This guy could end up being one of the best wingers in the league or being a flop like Semin was for us.

With a healthy Price and imo an improved roster, I think we are a serious contender for the cup this year. We seem to be the laughing stock recently because of the Subban trade, but honestly I think we're really being underrated.
    I also like Weber better as a player right now, but I don't get the move from a long term persective. Last year Montreal showed how dependent they are on Price. This move severely narrows the Habs' window IMO and extends the Preds' as Subban will most likely be an elite player for a longer period of time; Weber's physical game is going to catch up to him and Subban's workout routine seems jagr-esque. The only way this trade makes sense is if the Habs were certain they could win the Cup in the next couple years and after the pitiful performance they put on last year I don't see the sense pulling that trade off right now.

As far as Radulov goes I wouldn't really want a player who intentionally hits their coach in the face with a stick and laughs about it, but maybe if I was a Habs fan right now I wouldn't mind that so much.

Oh, I like this a lot, thanks! I imagine it is updated fairly regularly during the season?
    Yeah, usually the site has the previous days line-up and then updates it whenever they get any news. The site is pretty good for choosing what goalie to sit in fantasy hockey.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2016-08-25 at 04:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope Radulov hits Therrien in the face. He needs it.

I hope Weber does well for you, I think Subban is a better fit for our system. Radulov I hope implodes into flames.

I hope Weber can avoid angering the piranha tank that is the Montreal sports media lol.

Dude's going from a pretty calm hockey market imo, Preds fans love their team and all and you can see it at the arena, but holy fuck I don't think any market compares to Montreal and it's ever staring and watchful eye on everything the Habs do lol.

His first fuck up is going to be a "We Traded Subban for This?!" headline.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I hope Weber can avoid angering the piranha tank that is the Montreal sports media lol.

Dude's going from a pretty calm hockey market imo, Preds fans love their team and all and you can see it at the arena, but holy fuck I don't think any market compares to Montreal and it's ever staring and watchful eye on everything the Habs do lol.

His first fuck up is going to be a "We Traded Subban for This?!" headline.
    The worst part of Montreal media is that their media is all time Hab greats. So it carries a lot more weight than Toronto media. They had a panel on Le Antichambre where everyone had at least two cup rings. They wore all their rings when the Habs missed the playoffs last season.