Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if they'll open new parts of Karazhan, but I can certainly see them using parts of Karazhan that weren't used before. There are quite a few rooms that could have stuff added to them that didn't really have anything before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    I will believe it when i see, they are just hyping it right now. it's no different than when they say..."This time around there won't be a content drought" which they say about every Xpac.
    hey what a sick argument against what he said, never heard that one before

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Kelraxx View Post
    Draenor, no longer on Draenor.

Do tell me more.
    What are you talking about? Draenor was not a revamp of Outland.

Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    They said they will make the patch live on ptr once legion launches, the patch is ready to go.
    They wont lie about something coming in the next week, this is not a promise like faralon, it is an announcement of something that is ready. Cant argue about the content drought thing tho
    I was referring to what they said "The new Karazhan is definitely not just updating the old boss numbers. There will be some cool stuff that will blow people's minds, genuinely getting hyped!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Well Kara is pretty huge for a 5man group...
    It has a weekly lock out though. It's more of a mini-raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maoli View Post
    It has a weekly lock out though. It's more of a mini-raid.
    Just like every other Mythic dungeon..

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Kelraxx View Post
    Draenor, no longer on Draenor.

Do tell me more.

You make no sense..

Quote Originally Posted by Zakaryy View Post

You make no sense..
    I'll let you pick one for yourself, I prefer this one though.

Very relieved that it won't be a copy and paste version of karazhan! hyyyyyyype.

new bosses, maybe even new rooms or the catacombs explored.
    Long 5 man dungeon that might not be finished in one sitting.

can't wait

You face jaraxxus terrifying scourge of the trifling gnomes!

10+ Year Old Account
    hope we get to see the karazhan catacombs and fight some bosses there

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    By that logic, every single expansion is 'just a revamp' of WoW.
    Well... yes. I feel like a few people are confusing a revamp with a rehash. Revamping is taking something and giving it a new form. A rehash is taking something and basically releasing it again with minimal changes. The new Karazhan is hyped as a revamp. They're not going to simply put a fresh coat of paint on the Karazhan everyone and their mother has been running for several years. It's going to be a different experience. Same way that almost every expansion adds a lot of changes to the game's features, and takes it in a different direction.

A revamp is a good thing. I don't understand why some people are acting defensive over it, it's not a reproach.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    I was referring to what they said "The new Karazhan is definitely not just updating the old boss numbers. There will be some cool stuff that will blow people's minds, genuinely getting hyped!"
    That is definitely not something you can just flat out lie about. Ion knows how people take everything he says as a promise. I am pretty sure the new kara will have new bosses and story. The mind blowing part is just subjective.

I wondering if the outdoors of Karazhan are changing too. If you look at the Karazhan in the Warcraft movie the tower looks different there. I am curious if that have any influence on the new Karazhan.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    that would be fun jaraxxus being a boss again
    Only if the gnome he kills comes back too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    Well... yes. I feel like a few people are confusing a revamp with a rehash. Revamping is taking something and giving it a new form. A rehash is taking something and basically releasing it again with minimal changes. The new Karazhan is hyped as a revamp. They're not going to simply put a fresh coat of paint on the Karazhan everyone and their mother has been running for several years. It's going to be a different experience. Same way that almost every expansion adds a lot of changes to the game's features, and takes it in a different direction.

A revamp is a good thing. I don't understand why some people are acting defensive over it, it's not a reproach.
    Well, u are right. What I was concerned about is them making it a rehash with fewer bosses, like Zulaman kinda was

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    Yes, and also that it only has 9 bosses, and that the legion is approaching in the trailer. But there were still concerns that it was mostly gonna be the same but that is now denied
    It was quite obvious, but the naysaying is strong with this community. Really strong.

Khadgar blocked them all off. They couldn't access upper Karazhan so we're probably gonna enter the crypts.

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    The issue comes with when so many people use 'revamp' and 'rehash' in ways that make them sound like insults, equating them to 'laziness' and 'cashing in on nostalgia'.

I hope we still get to see some of the old characters from karazhan. Moroes I guess is very likely to be there, but I hope the Opera still is a thing, perhaps with a new play, and of course shade of Aran.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could also add the Forgotten Crypt as a part of Karazhan too.

Oh yeah...Shade of Aran is Medivh's father right or a vision thing of him.
    For the Horde!