Killing Machine question

Why would they make KM work with Obliterate only, why not Frost Strike instead? I mean Obliterate hardly hits for anything noteworthy. We use it because it gives us runic power and Rime.

I don't understand why they would give us a passive effect that makes our weakest damaging skill auto-crit. It would have made a whole lot more sense if it only worked with Frost Strike, which clearly is our hardest-hitting ability.

It feel a lot better with Frostschyte though. Still, it makes no sense having a passive skill only working well if you pick a particular talent.

Obliteratation is also very weak without Frostschyte.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    Why would they make KM work with Obliterate only, why not Frost Strike instead? I mean Obliterate hardly hits for anything noteworthy. We use it because it gives us runic power and Rime.

I don't understand why they would give us a passive effect that makes our weakest damaging skill auto-crit. It would have made a whole lot more sense if it only worked with Frost Strike, which clearly is our hardest-hitting ability.

It feel a lot better with Frostschyte though. Still, it makes no sense having a passive skill only working well if you pick a particular talent.

Obliteratation is also very weak without Frostschyte.
    not sure what you are getting at here.. Its a week before release and the KM change has been around for months on alpha/beta. The idea is they want you to use Obliterate because in previous xpacs and even in WoD, we just used HB and FS and thats all. OB was touched with a 2H frost spec.

I tried Oblitreration once and didnt like it. With 27% crit and above you dont need it really. KM procs a lot. Maybe on some new raid bosses it will come in handy?
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Deleted
    It´s a good change. This way crit builds will focus more on obliterate dmg and mastery builds will focus more on froststrike dmg.
    Before it wasn't as clear and that was part of the reason why obliterate sucked in the end.

If the AP and weapon damage coefficients for OB, and the AP coefficient for HB/base damage of Rime don't increase, there will come a point where mastery and crit are high enough that OB is dropped completely in favor of FSc.

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    It´s a good change. This way crit builds will focus more on obliterate dmg and mastery builds will focus more on froststrike dmg.
    Before it wasn't as clear and that was part of the reason why obliterate sucked in the end.
    But Obliterate doesn't really hit for anything. It is good for procs and runic power generation, but its damage is not very impressive at all. I can see crit being a good stat because KM no longer affects FS, so we want more crit now to make FS, our hardest hitting ability, crit. But I don't really understand KM's value (unless you have murderous efficiency), because all it does is making a low-damaging skill auto-crit.