Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    That thread is a literal garbage and the "U Blizzurd durr durr!" part was so retarded that I am literally amazed the guy actually thinks THAT is going to make Blizz reply there. It's like "are you fucking serious?" kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    That thread is a literal garbage and the "U Blizzurd durr durr!" part was so retarded that I am literally amazed the guy actually thinks THAT is going to make Blizz reply there. It's like "are you fucking serious?" kind of thing.
    Poe's law. I couldn't tell if it was entirely satire with that tone.

Soul Effigy is here to stay. Really long ramp up is here to stay. Really slow resource generation is here to stay. No burst is here to stay. Summoning weak pets and maintenance buffs are here to stay. No mobility is here to stay. Enjoy your class fantasy.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

10+ Year Old Account
    God, that whole forum thread is a circle jerk of assholes. The personal attacks they're using on blizzard is just childish.

OT: Still maining warlock in legion even if they aren't the best. Having a blast on Affliction for the first time since...BC?

Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    So why do you moan here and even in other class forums?
    I haven't seen anything besides crying, moaning, threatening and unconstructive posts from you in the past few days.
    Yes there is crying and bitching and all of that stuff in these threads, but there is some constructive feedback in there too.
    Atleast more than you bring to the table...
    You're pretty pathetic.
    Talking about broken PvP balancing is not crying over a working and functional class. You're just unhappy of the class performance overall and want to top dps charts like a six years old. If that's what you want, go play a Mage.

- - - Updated - - -

OT: Still maining warlock in legion even if they aren't the best. Having a blast on Affliction for the first time since...BC?[/QUOTE]

Same here champ

I posted there, because I share some of their concerns. If you don't, or don't think it's worth posting, nothing to see/talk then =)

To list some:

I enjoyed a LOT the animations we had been given in WoD. After years of nothing visually apealing for afflic, the Haunt effect was very nice to see.
    I don't care much about destro's emberbit being gone, but I can see how some people were attached to the burning effect on the skin getting stronger and all that.

It shouldn't be hard creating more visually appealing effects to dots, I can't think of much but there's plenty of RPG out there that must have some "inspiration".

Effigy is kind of a love/hate relationship to a lot of warlocks, i'm evading on this one.

One thing that captured my attention was how they described demon's rotation and Demonic Empowerment. DE seems very nice on paper, but indeed after playing demon a couple of times, in practice it's like you're not making your demons better, improved and stronger. You're making your bad demons acceptable.

Some people complained about being a master demonologist and only being able to summon imps and dreadstalkers, you know, low level demons.
    In legion there are a lot of cool demons and they could have done something more suited to the spec (i'm not counting Doomguard because all 3 specs have it).

PVP nerfs were also overdone, but that's just numbers. Nothing wrong telling your EXPERIENCES with the class post nerf.

Still open?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    omfg... a thread on the forum for us to post in!? holy shit, its not like this is a thing one every day of every year...

yeah i get what your trying to get at man but : / people make threads all the time, there is no reason for blizz to respond to this one, or any other filled with people there just to yell at blizz

like god, im a warlock, mained warlock vanilla till cata, then again end of mop and still am... and even this is way too insane... like god danm these people just cant take a chill? i understand some things have been questionable... or weird but...

Why have Warlocks been so universally ignored in their feedback and concerns?

You, Blizzard, destroyed one of our specializations for an entire year.
    You, Blizzard, removed class elements such as Metamorphosis, Verdant Spheres, Burning Embers visuals, and Soulburn: Haunt's aura of ghosts, to give to other classes/specs.
    You, Blizzard, failed to update Green Fire animations for Destructions, on top of riddling the spec with so much rng it must have been a NIGHTMARE for Celestalon to tune.
    You, Blizzard Have given zero developer feedback for the ENTIRE beta.

Are you happy with how Warlocks are now? The class deserves an answer once and for all.

like wtf....
    Honestly, complaining is the real metagame. While I agree these complaints are childish at times...

I am just glad people are doing it rather than being happy with the status quo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    I posted there, because I share some of their concerns. If you don't, or don't think it's worth posting, nothing to see/talk about
    Signaling is a strong instinct

Deleted
    There is also a post on EU forums:

eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17613162166

To me the new demonology feels the most warlock-y in wows history. Warlock should have never been a turn into a demon spec to begin with. Summoning demons just screams warlock. As for affliction and destruction, affliction would be the next best spec to be called a warlock. destruction is just a fire mage with chaos bolt.

As for the state of warlocks aff is a bit less than desirable. I am loving the new demonology(played beta and like how they play). As for destruction, I actually like how they play now. Mist and warlords destruction played like garbage.

But hey! This is just my opinion on warlocks as of now. Warlock will always be my main. I am not a flavour of the month type of guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shraen View Post
    There is also a post on EU forums:

eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17613162166
    There has never been, and never will be any point in typing anything constructive on the EU forums. There's zero chance that it will be seen by anyone who can make a difference.

Regardless of how ineffectively people are expressing their dissatisfaction with Warlocks and Blizzard, the fact remains that Warlords of Draenor was unacceptable in regards to Warlock mechanical implementation in content, general balancing, and itemization progression. Many of the most accomplished Warlocks were outraged and actively discussed the many glaring issues facing the class throughout the expansion. Presently, many of the same mechanical oversights from WoD are still in existence and regardless of balancing, will provide significant barriers to the class in regards to efficacy of role performance in content. While this may not drastically affect casual players, the hardcore scene for Warlocks in heavy progression have seen the results in a more definitive light. When Blizzard was approached with several mathematical, logical arguments they responded with a now ex-employee's satire and a highly incompetent class designer during a live Q/A; it put a shade of neglect over the whole ordeal. And, yes, those issues are directly Blizzard's responsibility...

Locks were perfect until they fired the guy who made the lock changes in cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by Kjarl Grimblood View Post
    All this moaning wont change anything. The sooner you realize that, the sooner the transition to a new class will be easier.
    Yup, this is the start and end of the topic right here. They aren't just going to change the class a week before the expansion comes out.
    Do you honestly expect them to?

Yes they like how Warlock is right now, otherwise it wouldn't have gone live this way.
    They will adjust things in subsequent patches, but if you don't like it its not only their fault.

Things change in this game, and so do people. Play what you enjoy.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I'm happy with Demonology. Yeah it has a ramp up requirement but I'm finding it more fun to play than it was before. So much fun that I haven't even tried the other 2 specs yet.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

What concerns? Warlocks are hella fun. All three specs are enjoyable right now.

Several months ago Furty said Blizzard never changes anything substantial this deep into a beta. He was right. And they're not going to change anything now. We can reroll or persevere. But change is not coming.

Deleted
    Couldnt write in the US one so i choose the EU even that they dont read it.

The fact is most ppl i know from guilds are currently makeing all their warlocks reroll other classes, its just the right thing to do. the time is there now to do it aswell with legion invasions ect.

Fact is warlocks are unfun, they aint useful for raiding and medicore for mythic dungeons.

as a Pure dps class like a warlock, its hopeless that they let it fall this far. but i higely doubt you are gonna see any "game" changes (read fun factor) untill next expansion but they "MIGHT" fix it so the class can compete on dps in 7.1 but by then most ppl already rerolled mage sp or hunter

The way things are set up now is the way the dev team has decided to try specs out for the first development cycle, barring numbers tuning. Mechanically, if they look at the data over the course of Emerald Nightmare and see that there are big issues (one way or another) that a spec is having with the way it works, then there's a good chance that thing will be looked at then.

If any of you really want to help the class, the best thing you can do is to play the class extensively at release, and be vocal on the official forums about things you like/dislike and what your grievances are. RESPECTFULLY, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaji View Post
    The way things are set up now is the way the dev team has decided to try specs out for the first development cycle, barring numbers tuning. Mechanically, if they look at the data over the course of Emerald Nightmare and see that there are big issues (one way or another) that a spec is having with the way it works, then there's a good chance that thing will be looked at then.

If any of you really want to help the class, the best thing you can do is to play the class extensively at release, and be vocal on the official forums about things you like/dislike and what your grievances are. RESPECTFULLY, though!
    qft

Will probably repost this to that thread on the off forums

Quote Originally Posted by Wormie View Post
    Couldnt write in the US one so i choose the EU even that they dont read it.

The fact is most ppl i know from guilds are currently makeing all their warlocks reroll other classes, its just the right thing to do. the time is there now to do it aswell with legion invasions ect.

Fact is warlocks are unfun, they aint useful for raiding and medicore for mythic dungeons.

as a Pure dps class like a warlock, its hopeless that they let it fall this far. but i higely doubt you are gonna see any "game" changes (read fun factor) untill next expansion but they "MIGHT" fix it so the class can compete on dps in 7.1 but by then most ppl already rerolled mage sp or hunter
    My guild is a Mythic Guild, and nobody forcing me to reroll my Warlock. Stop talking bs.
    As for Mages and Hunters, these two classes are one of the most boring classes i've played in my WoW career. Great DPS, and that's about it.
    Don't tell people what's fun to play, let them decide for themselves.
    Many Warlocks still love this class, and are just upset by the low numbers. Others hoping for different game style, but don't give examples of classes that are far worse in terms of gameplay as a solution.