Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frandaero View Post
    I really love WoW. But I'm still pretty happy about Blizzard losing subscribers. They are not giving the same amount of content like they used to.
    legion has more content than ever, how is it not the same amount?

Oh you're right, it's not the same amount, it's more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Tbh I hope its not like WOD....2 thousand person queue's for people who quit 2 weeks later is the worst thing ever. Less people coming back = smaller queues, just fine with me. If the game is good it will add people as it goes along through its own merits.
    Yeah I do not want queues. I would prefer if 10m subs did not happen on legion launch.

It's waiting to clog up your server on release day.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    legion has more content than ever, how is it not the same amount?

Oh you're right, it's not the same amount, it's more.
    I'm not talking about Legion, the expansion isn't even launched yet.

Still interested in coming back. Not sure what I want to play though. Been playing beta and still not feeling at home with my druid and warlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the hype is getting bigger. I know a lot of people that were waiting for Legion to launch to see if it was worth the money before they decided to stay subbed, all but one has changed their minds and have pre-ordered and are playing again. The Shrine and Org are also pretty busy which is a good sign. I'm on a high population server (Area 52 US) and both locations have been pretty dead up until recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    People are definitely coming back. I play on 3 different servers and I've noticed a huge jump in activity in all 3 of them. Hell even Tanaan was jumping with activity. Before I was pretty much by myself but now it's taking longer to complete the missions because there's so many people now. Just look at invasions there at least always like 50 people there participating.
    Although I'm sure the number of players is increasing around these times, like always before/at release of an expansion. However, I am confident you can't even tell if it's returning players or improvements/changes/rng with the cross server zoning, because community, it's gone.

Alot of people are either completely turned off from WoD or are worried that Legion is just going to be WoD 2.0, judging by the twitch streams its just Garrisons remastered with a few more dungeons this time around

Deleted
    At least on my realm/set of realms, this expansion has brought the most returning players since the launch of TBC. People I NEVER thought would ever come back after Cata are back and loving it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oopsmezedya View Post
    Alot of people are either completely turned off from WoD or are worried that Legion is just going to be WoD 2.0, judging by the twitch streams its just Garrisons remastered with a few more dungeons this time around
    Yes. The hype seems to die down very quickly with the people that actually tried the beta.

Deleted
    Jesus christ...

*There's hype* - "WHY IS THERE SO MUCH HYPE?!"

*No hype* - "WHY IS THERE NO HYPE?!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    Yes. The hype seems to die down very quickly with the people that actually tried the beta.
    I'm in beta, I'm really excited for Legion, I just don't post about it.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    why are people hating on cata?

it had more content than the two expacs after it combined.

it also had one of the best raid tiers of all time, admittedly one of the worst too

plus it brought competitive 10man raiding which was awesome
    Cataclysm was the expansion that did what they set out to do: break the world.

It's like throwing out your older comfortable shoes, which are still in great shape, just because a new fad is out. The new ones are uncomfortable, and they are out of style next year anyways.

Why would anyone raid when they can buy epics in the AH, then single player grind the other misc slots via reputaion, archeology, etc. I liked raiding, but finding a 10m in my guild was impossible since everyone didn't need each other to have purples any longer.

More content... hmm making every world mob tank & spank, boring quests, quest helper built in, instant travel, single player everything, removal of meaningful world PVP on a PVP-server, dumbed down classes, LFD, dungeons that were AoE fests and sleepers. Maybe you were indicating more content being more Daily's. There was definitely more daily's. Flying mounts to bypass difficulty, social interaction, and PVP.

I unsubbed for the first time since 2004 during that expansion. It sucked. As Judge Judy once said, "don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining."

Sadly the abomination of Cataclysm still exists. WTG Blizzard for seeing your first of many massive sub drops to follow, during that PoS.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Cataclysm was the expansion that did what they set out to do: break the world.

It's like throwing out your older comfortable shoes, which are still in great shape, just because a new fad is out. The new ones are uncomfortable, and they are out of style next year anyways.

Why would anyone raid when they can buy epics in the AH, then single player grind the other misc slots via reputaion, archeology, etc. I liked raiding, but finding a 10m in my guild was impossible since everyone didn't need each other to have purples any longer.

More content... hmm making every world mob tank & spank, boring quests, quest helper built in, instant travel, single player everything, removal of meaningful world PVP on a PVP-server, dumbed down classes, LFD, dungeons that were AoE fests and sleepers. Maybe you were indicating more content being more Daily's. There was definitely more daily's. Flying mounts to bypass difficulty, social interaction, and PVP.

I unsubbed for the first time since 2004 during that expansion. It sucked. As Judge Judy once said, "don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining."

Sadly the abomination of Cataclysm still exists. WTG Blizzard for seeing your first of many massive sub drops to follow, during that PoS.
    youve got it completely backwards

you dont do raids to get loot
    you get loot so you can do the raid.

if the only enjoyment you get out of raiding is that you get loot at the end maybe you shouldnt even try doing it, and if it's not then it doesnt matter that you can get loot from other sources, plus the best loots were from raids anyway, it doesnt matter if a loot is purple if it's 20-30% worse than a HC raid loo

just because it gave you other options to get gear other than raiding, that doesnt mean raiding was redundant, i think you've got a really distorted perception on what raiding is about

world pvp was already dying after vanilla, cata didnt kill it, it was barely existant in WotLK and only existed on isle of quel danas in TBC.ú
    vanilla was the most tank and spank shit in the world, and cata changed that so how is that bad exactly? just cause a quest mob didnt solo you doesnt mean it's bad. also what's wrong with quest helper? it has existed as an addon anyway, and wrath already had quest helper btw.

yeah i guess classes were dumbed down, remember how insanely difficult it was to spam shadowbolt or fireball?
    yeah... cata was the expac that made fire mages the deep and elaborate spec that people are whining legion took away, same for sub rogues for example.

it didnt dumb down anything.

it had the most content out of any expac (legion might change that), it had one of the best raid tiers

and it introduced 10 man HC raiding (a thing which a LOT of people still want back and it's a discussion in every single new expac)

the only real negatives it has is DS+LFR, but honestly it just gets too much shit because people were stuck on DS for months and it's the crappiest raid ever.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-08-21 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    youve got it completely backwards

you dont do raids to get loot
    you get loot so you can do the raid.

if the only enjoyment you get out of raiding is that you get loot at the end maybe you shouldnt even try doing it, and if it's not then it doesnt matter that you can get loot from other sources, plus the best loots were from raids anyway, it doesnt matter if a loot is purple if it's 20-30% worse than a HC raid loo

just because it gave you other options to get gear other than raiding, that doesnt mean raiding was redundant, i think you've got a really distorted perception on what raiding is about
    Never-the-less, Cataclysm broke the world.

folks raid to get loot you could not get anywhere else. Prestigious stats. Beautiful art design.

Give it to everyone and the experience is cheapened. Hence it was hard to actually find a raiding guild. Early on it was satisfactory. Every week though 1 or 2 people would disappear. Members were dropping like flies on the windscreen on a hot day. When a guild goes from 20 end-raid talented members online at any time of the day, to just 3 to 5, something is wrong. When I unsubbed I was the only one online all day, with just one other person logging in to say Bye.

Sucky expansion, Cataclysm.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-08-21 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Never-the-less, Cataclysm broke the world.

folks raid to get loot you could not get anywhere else. Prestigious stats. Beautiful art design.

Give it to everyone and the experience is cheapened. Hence it was hard to actually find a raiding guild. Early on it was satisfactory. Every week though 1 or 2 people would disappear. Members were dropping like flies on the windscreen on a hot day. When a guild goes from 20 members online at any time of the day, to just 3 to 5, something is wrong.

Sucky expansion, Cataclysm.
    yeah god forbid we shake things up, ofc it broke the world, that was the point?

and where exactly could you buy full HC raid loot? how did "everyone" get it?
    i thought so.

people disappear in every expac, you just have nostalgia bias cos wotlk was probably the best expac and cata wasnt as good
    but it's stil way better than MoP and especially WoD

so even at worst it's in the middle of the best expansion list.

The thing that scares me is every time I use Realmpop.com to search for a new realm, I only see about 2000 demon hunters on every pie chart.

Even on the huge realms. Das not very good number.